CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

No but I did find a weird set of round white and black rocks...

WAAAAAALT
  • Upvote (+1) 2

They are releasing a perfect Halo CE remake but it will only be available to purchase this week in the continental U.S. Hawaii is the only state where it will not be available to purchase. Sorry.

Yo fuck you.

It was "a lot of nothing" instead of "a little something".

and a little bit of "fuck you give us more money"

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-12-the-big-interview-xbox-boss-phil-spencer

Phil Spencer: Getting the trademark for Scorpio is really hard. When we do names, you have to pick global names for things. And frankly, while it seems cool right now, two years from now for somebody who doesn't know where this console came from, it can be a little confusing and off-putting of, why is this thing called Scorpio? Even though I love that.
So, I'm not leaking anything, but I will say we love the name Scorpio. For those of us who have been through this 18 month journey we want to do something to celebrate that. But the name X was, as I said on stage, honestly, the mantra 'there's no power greater than X' was something that drove us early on in the original Xbox days, so we felt like it fit, and I like the name.

Phil Spencer: I've been in this job three years and focused on hardware innovation and I think we've landed two great consoles in the last two years, with Xbox One S and Xbox One X. I've focused a lot on live innovation and getting our developer platform as much as the consumer side of the platform in shape. I'm spending a lot of time on our first-party right now. I do think we have an opportunity to get better in first-party and to grow. We've got great support from the company to go do that.
We've signed some things we haven't announced. I'm not gonna go stand on-stage - I've lived through announcing things too early and then had to live up to the hype while you're trying to go build the game, and I'm learning. I'm not a big fan of that. So I want to give teams the time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I still can't believe 343 didn't have anything related to H6 ready. According to the sprints from H5s development it didn't take them a year to make something worth showing at e3. Even though I'm still learning how to do all that fancy game design stuff, if you gave me a team of 8-10 students from my program we could get you a working mulitplayer game with one map in a few weeks. The art may not be the best but at least we'd have something.

The most likely things I could have seen happening:

- 343 is actually dumber than I thought

- H6 Development didn't start until a lot later than it should have

- Something happened to the development of H6, whether that be a delay, changing the core of the game to be something else (no advanced movement/HERO SHOOTER), or the VA strike is really hampering production even though they wouldn't need VAs for multiplayer.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just had a look at Str8's CoD roster. Here's what I discovered:

How to pick a name to compete under in CoD in 3 easy steps:

1. Pick a verb

2. Add a y at the end (multiple if necessary)

3. You're all set!

I still can't believe 343 didn't have anything related to H6 ready. According to the sprints from H5s development it didn't take them a year to make something worth showing at e3. Even though I'm still learning how to do all that fancy game design stuff, if you gave me a team of 8-10 students from my program we could get you a working mulitplayer game with one map in a few weeks. The art may not be the best but at least we'd have something.

- Something happened to the development of H6, whether that be a delay, changing the core of the game to be something else (no advanced movement/HERO SHOOTER), or the VA strike is really hampering production even though they wouldn't need VAs for multiplayer.

Pretty sure it's because Phil Spencer doesn't want to show games that aren't coming out for a while. Seems that the Fallout 4 approach is becoming more popular these days.

Just had a look at Str8's CoD roster. Here's what I discovered:

How to pick a name to compete under in CoD in 3 easy steps:

1. Pick a verb

2. Add a y at the end (multiple if necessary)

3. You're all set!

I'll have a go!

1. Put

2. Puty

3. CWL championships

Pretty sure it's because Phil Spencer doesn't want to show games that aren't coming out for a while. Seems that the Fallout 4 approach is becoming more popular these days.

Aren't we in a similar position in 2005, where we sought barely any upcoming games?

Until we discovered gears, I feel one of those 44 games showcased on the stage is gonna make it big...

I'll have a go!

1. Put

2. Puty

3. CWL championships

Feel like multiple y's works well for that one.

Putyyy sounds good to me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not doing anything development related but what I took from those "Sprint"-Episodes is that a big studio seems to have a lot bureaucracy...

They don't even have to have a running version of the game, a clear direction would be enough to do a short teaser to show that there is still some life in that company and some hope for the fans, especially since the games MS where rather weak with no real exclusive.

So I guess either @@Moa is right (which I wouldn't like tbh, anticipation plays a huge part for communities like Halo's) or 343 is really lacking a clear idea where they want to go with H6...

@@Botheredhat360

did you watch the presentation? Those 44 games where trash for the most part...

• Downvote (-1) 1

I'm not doing anything development related but what I took from those "Sprint"-Episodes is that a big studio seems to have a lot bureaucracy...

They don't even have to have a running version of the game, a clear direction would be enough to do a short teaser to show that there is still some life in that company and some hope for the fans, especially since the games MS where rather weak with no real exclusive.

So I guess either @@Moa is right (which I wouldn't like tbh, anticipation plays a huge part for communities like Halo's) or 343 is really lacking a clear idea where they want to go with H6...

@@Botheredhat360

They claimed they had a vision because H5 is the base for future games according to Frankie.  So I'd think they would have a vision for the game.

@@Moa I guess, but it could've just been a CGI trailer like they did for H5 when MCC was announced. It's just strange there wasn't even a teaser for anything. At all.

@@Botheredhat360

At least one of the games shown their could make it big, obvs not all games will be good, but there is a good chance for 1 out of 44 games to make it big.

At least one of the games shown their could make it big, obvs not all games will be good, but there is a good chance for 1 out of 44 games to make it big.

Anthem. I'm already interested in the game and not a whole lot more than the premise of the game is known.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anthem. I'm already interested in the game and not a whole lot more than the premise of the game is known.

what about sea of thieves? That looks pretty good.

what about sea of thieves? That looks pretty good.

It did, but did you see the part where you can be Iron Man? Plus, flying is always cool. I may get both, or just Anthem, depends on how many people I know get both.

H3's grid aiming was enjoyably shit.

You just exactly described Halo 1 and 2's Aiming. Try the fuck again. Halo 3/4/R's diagonal acceleration was on point

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 13

Totally anecdotal here but does anyone here know any real life friends that actually play Halo 5 for fun because I know of like 1

No exaggeration: 

2007= 20+ friends/anyone I knew who had an Xbox. 

2017= 0... I literally don't know any of  my real world friends who play H5. The last couple people I knew quit after the MCC debacle. 

• Upvote (+1) 1