CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

, I'm at war with the lazy and scrubby hardcore community that this franchise has taken on over the years. Take it as you will at that point.

WTF does this even mean? What is the "Hardcore" community, and what exactly are you fighting? Against our strides to get the beating heart of the Halo franchise to return? It's quite obvious it isn't even the "hardcore" players who hate the new direction. Now while Halo 5 isn't that bad of a game, the general casual Halo players who kept the community growing and thriving don't see Halo 5 as legitimate. Go on the official Halo facebook pages or anything of the sort and read the comment. You will constantly see "This isnt Halo"

"Halo 5 isnt Halo"

"Not Halo"

You seem to forget us "hardcore" Halo fans love Halo just as much as anybody else. Our settings do, however, reflect the best possible arrangements to get the most competitive gameplay possible, but that does not mean we're somehow not fans of what makes Halo great. We love Halo, no matter what. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

People take my posts as me defending Halo 5, but I don't really do that. I'm not at war with classic Halo, I'm at war with the lazy and scrubby hardcore community that this franchise has taken on over the years. Take it as you will at that point.

You have posted many times about halo 5's skill gap in regards to its complex movement, and you clearly prefer it to other classic halos in that aspect based on the posts that I've responded to in the past. Don't pull that crap on me.

So you aren't going to go out of your way in trying to clarify what that statement means and will let us interpret it for ourselves and possibly misrepresent your statement in an effort to debunk you, in spite of your previous exchange with arglactable about him using ad-hominem to debunk you. Smart.

I also find it hilarious how far you had to reach for an ad-hominem against him with his LinkedIn profile while he references your activity in Team beyond of you using your credentials to explain a topic you clearly had no clue about. Remember this lovely response from Quietman? 

See my friend, there's this practice in software development called "Configuration Management."

It's where you keep track of all your source code files, every version, for when issues like this occur.  If you have something working, then you do some more development and add some new code and that previously working thing stops working, you can easily compare the current and previous versions of the source code to narrow down the root cause.  

The software developers at 343 should have been able to tell what the cause was by simply pulling up the source code of the beta and comparing it against the source code of the current build. An in depth comparison should have taken them a week, maybe two (depending on the size of their source code), to investigate and come up with a list of possible causes, and maybe two to three additional weeks to fix it.    

When I read your posts defending 343, I can't help but come to the conclusion you don't understand software development at all. 

I work on a 90k+ line of code software package for a living and we correct these types of issues in usually two to three weeks, even with all the red tape process standing in the way. 

You're such a joke, lmao.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Good lord can everyone settle down please.

Don't look up others private data to form an argument either. Come on.

Didn't you hear? War was declared  :kappa:

Lol, even random casual Halo fans know what's up. 1:26:54 is when I tried to stamp it. Seems to start a few seconds early. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Lol, even random casual Halo fans know what's up. 1:25:45 is when I tried to stamp it. Seems to start a few seconds early. 

He's actually not wrong when he states that the best thing is to honestly give Halo a break for a few years and reboot the franchise. That's literally the only way I can see our game being actually relevant again. Because like he said, ever since 343 got their hands on this game it's been nothing a huge middle finger to this franchise.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey, that new flood DLC for Halo Wars 2 comes out this year.

BUT ITS NOT PART OF THE SEASON PASS. 

ADDING PAID DLC DURING THE SEASON'S PASSES RUN.

IN A GAME WITH MICROTRANSACTIONS.

WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT.

YOU CANNOT DEFEND THIS.

Wow, what a special announcement.

"fuck you give us money"

The same company that released Halo MCC then swept it under the rug when it didn't work, now thinks they are able to get away with adding separate paid dlc to a game with a season pass that hasn't even delivered all its content.

Get. Fucked.

Thank fuck I got my HW2:UE for free while I was at the MS HQ in NZ. Sucks to be anyone else who bought it though.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Hey, that new flood DLC for Halo Wars 2 comes out this year.

BUT ITS NOT PART OF THE SEASON PASS. 

ADDING PAID DLC DURING THE SEASON'S PASSES RUN.

IN A GAME WITH MICROTRANSACTIONS.

WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT.

YOU CANNOT DEFEND THIS.

Wow, what a special announcement.

"fuck you give us money"

The same company that released Halo MCC then swept it under the rug when it didn't work, now thinks they are able to get away with adding separate paid dlc to a game with a season pass that hasn't even delivered all its content.

Get. Fucked.

Thank fuck I got my HW2:UE for free while I was at the MS HQ in NZ. Sucks to be anyone else who bought it though.

I'm pretty sure the season pass content will be out by the time the expansion comes out.

He's actually not wrong when he states that the best thing is to honestly give Halo a break for a few years and reboot the franchise. That's literally the only way I can see our game being actually relevant again. Because like he said, ever since 343 got their hands on this game it's been nothing a huge middle finger to this franchise.

I can only see this being an excuse for 343 to stick with the enhanced mobility trend. If they can't get the core mechanics right, then why should Microsoft trust tell with rebooting their main console seller?

I can only see this being an excuse for 343 to stick with the enhanced mobility trend. If they can't get the core mechanics right, then why should Microsoft trust tell with rebooting their main console seller?

Rebooting the franchise because of all this enhanced mobility nonsense is what I was referring to. They need to do away with whatever direction they're heading down and start back with what made Halo a titan to begin with. And the only way that they will have any type of leeway to "ease" that type of gameplay back into the community's hands is to take a break from Halo for a bit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Rebooting the franchise because of all this enhanced mobility nonsense is what I was referring to. They need to do away with whatever direction they're heading down and start back with what made Halo a titan to begin with. And the only way that they will have any type of leeway to "ease" that type of gameplay back into the community's hands is to take a break from Halo for a bit.

343 can throw that around against us and say it's a different interpretation of the franchise. Look at Disney and Star Wars. A reboot can potentially solve the multiplayer and story, but I am very cynical at this point.

343 can that around against us and say it's a different interpretation of the franchise. Look at Disney and Star Wars. A reboot can potentially solve the multiplayer and story, but I am very cynical at this point.

They've actually already came out and said something along those lines for Halo 5. And that these choices are their "vision" for Halo. 

I've been on my honeymoon. Very out of the loop, what was the "little something" from 343?

I've been on my honeymoon. Very out of the loop, what was the "little something" from 343?

They are releasing a perfect Halo CE remake but it will only be available to purchase this week in the continental U.S. Hawaii is the only state where it will not be available to purchase. Sorry. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Lol

Someone's been sniffing their own farts and war had been done declared and fuck, I gotta get the hell outta Hawaii

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lol

Someone's been sniffing their own farts and war had been done declared and fuck, I gotta get the hell outta Hawaii

Have you seen the Smoke Monster yet?

Also, if you find the bunker don't forget to enter the numbers: 4,8,15,16,23,42. Very important that you do that.  

• Upvote (+1) 4

They've actually already came out and said something along those lines for Halo 5. And that these choices are their "vision" for Halo. 

Then it sounds like a reboot with a different dev studio is the solution.

Have you seen the Smoke Monster yet?

Also, if you find the bunker don't forget to enter the numbers: 4,8,15,16,23,42. Very important that you do that.

No but I did find a weird set of round white and black rocks...

• Upvote (+1) 1

It was "a lot of nothing" instead of "a little something".