CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

If this is true (as per the counter claim following a few posts after your own original one) then this is still garbage, lol. 65.4% of the playerbase in that playlist didn't even get a rank, presumably not enjoying themselves enough to finish JUST ten games. That's pretty ass. 46,000 players have played at LEAST ten games. Not counting those 87,000 who didn't even get past that. In the game's most competitive gametype set.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If its true it wouldn't be irrelevant.

It's not true. The ranks are for the may-june season. Proving grounds was march-april.

The counter has updated with more players since that tweet, so the site is still active.

You could put whatever number you want there, #34 on xbl most played tells me everything. Halo is behind 4 call of duties

FOUR FUCKING CALL OF DUTYS

Think about the population split between those games. And then realize that the most played game on Xbox is a 7 year old backwards compat 360 title

Xbox games aren't very good ??. And that isn't changing

Xbox brand hasn't been good since 2010. 

There only two reasons why I can imagine someone hasn't just made the jump to PC by now:

1.  You're a dedicated Nintendo fan.  I can fully respect that.

2.  You own a PS4 for the niche exclusives and it's just more convenient and cheaper to do your multi-platform gaming on it as well.

Xbox One X has come out near the end of the console cycle, has pretty much no exclusives going for it (timed exclusives that will inevitably come to PC don't count), and costs the exact same as a mid-tier gaming PC anyways.  Who in their right mind would buy one?

How do I embed a YouTube video?

Just post the link to the video.  The website does it automatically.

You could put whatever number you want there, #34 on xbl most played tells me everything. Halo is behind 4 call of duties

Think about the population split between those games. And then realize that the most played game on Xbox is a 7 year old backwards compat 360 title

What happened was XBL has slowly but surely become CoD on Live. No other FPS has truly succeeded on console since 2007(Well Destiny but thats a different audience and the comp MP is garbage-tier) all the plebs want is more of that casual shit-style FPS. Give it up folks, move to PC. Wider selection of games, better competitive titles, tons of new FPS IP's coming out/in development, better more transparent devs, more mature communities, better graphics, Steam, tons of quality F2P titles, most games have controller support,ect.. if you dont game on PC in 2017 and you are a serious gamer who is disgruntled with the industry you have no right to complain.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Why on earth are people still using "Most Played" as a valid metric for anything?

We have ZERO clue how that list works or even any numbers coming off of that list to begin with.

Basing an argument off of that list on the state of Halo is, and will continue to be, pointless.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 10

Why on earth are people still using "Most Played" as a valid metric for anything?

We have ZERO clue how that list works or even any numbers coming off of that list to begin with.

Basing an argument off of that list on the state of Halo is, and will continue to be, pointless.

Oh okay so you have a better way to judge population? No? Then don't complain.

Here's what we know about the most played list. It updates VERY frequently, and is region based. There we go. We can compare Halos exact population to other games above it with their population counters.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think after this year's Xbox presentation, I'll be making the Switch to Nintendo... I'll bet that all 28 people that bought Halo Wars 2 are thrilled that there's a 4K upgrade for the One X.  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Please tell  me your valid metric, and I would should believe it over microsofts  :kappa:

I think after this year's Xbox presentation, I'll be making the Switch to Nintendo... I'll bet that all 28 people that bought Halo Wars 2 are thrilled that there's a 4K upgrade for the One X. :kappa:

There are dozens of us, DOZENS!!!

Is that Xbox appearing at the PCGaming show tomorrow?

WE STILL MAYBE MIGHT HAVE A CHANCE. REMEMBER THAT HALO 3 IMAGE WHEN THE AMD VEGA WAS REVEALED?

Lets be honest, where would you reveal a 10 year old xbox exclusive thats being released on PC finally.

I'm just really hopeful, 343 said they would be at E3 and we have not seen them at E3 besides 30 seconds of "hey 28 people playing HW2 have 4k.

its not going to happen.

if it does, fuck yeah.

New Metro game, OG Xbox BC.

All I need tbh.

Are people really trying to say H5 doesn't have a terrible population? Speaking on the number of people ranking or whatever, how many of those people played more than 10 games and played consistently? If I made a new game and 100,000 people played 10 games, but 75,000 of them never played again, doesn't that mean my population still sucks?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Alright everybody. Halo 6 will be a...

a) Advanced Movement Shooter

b) Loot Shooter

c) Hero shooter

d) some shitty amalgamation of the 3, which is 343's specialty.

Are people really trying to say H5 doesn't have a terrible population? Speaking on the number of people ranking or whatever, how many of those people played more than 10 games and played consistently? If I made a new game and 100,000 people played 10 games, but 75,000 of them never played again, doesn't that mean my population still sucks?

player retention sucks but 10,000 people is more than an ample population for MM. 

player retention sucks but 10,000 people is more than an ample population for MM. 

But the population isn't great. Specifically talking about the Halo series having less than 75k playing throughout the day is pathetic. I don't know the average numbers for reach but I'd wager they sill smother Halo 5. There's no defense to having a shit population. Another FPS I love is Titanfall 2, it has probably 15-20k on a good day, usually closer to 10k. It's MM works, but it's population is still garbage.

Games dead outside of NA.

Nothing. Zip. Nadda. Fuck all for Halo news at E3. E. Fucking. 3. The peak of 343 era Halo, boys.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So... are we still looking at a 2018 launch and 343 just missed this E3 or are they delaying it until 2019?

Holy shit, is there going to be anything interesting between now and then?

• Upvote (+1) 1

So... are we still looking at a 2018 launch and 343 just missed this E3 or are they delaying it until 2019?

Holy shit, is there going to be anything interesting between now and then?

Wow, so they will either rush out a product in fall 2018 that did not exist in any shape or form as of June 2017. (e.g. Halo 6: Champions)

... or we are stuck with H5 until 2019. Without any sort of expansion that would make use of the otherwise pointless ":Guardians" subtitle attached to H5 (because that would have been announced at E3). Four years of a game that has used the exact same three game types and mediocre pool of maps on the circuit up until now.

That's 343 Halo for you.

• Upvote (+1) 3