CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

WiiU had a ton of problems, not just the name. 

People are already saying Xbox One X no problem because we are already used to the Xbox One S.

Edit: The Xbox One X was obviously the best name based on focus groups. Every single console release has people saying how shit the name is. I still remember people saying how dumb "Xbox 360" is. 

I just find the "X" to be weird. I can get S for "Slim". But X? X for...? What? Xtremely powerfol console? I don't think it's dumb if it had some meaning behind it. But as far as I know, I don't think there is meaning.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I just find the "X" to be weird. I can get S for "Slim". But X? X for...? What? Xtremely powerfol console? I don't think it's dumb if it had some meaning behind it. But as far as I know, I don't think there is meaning.

Doesn't have to be "for" anything. It's easy to remember and say and let's people know it's an upgrade. Give it a few weeks and everybody will agree that it's a good name. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think they finally got the message to stop throwing useless shit like anniversary remasters, Spartan Assault and HW2 at us. Halo nostalgia is dead. The appreciation of Halo-related flashy high-def novelty (H3-H5) is dead. New content is the only thing that will get any attention, and it needs to be more than substantial. They realize the H5 fans are zero-standards morons and will not become invested in their crap. Halo 6 and 7 will be on PC. The dev cycle will increase to 4 years, and Halo 7 will be the last main Halo game. Halo 7 will be a WoW-type game that simply gets updated regularly, both for campaign and multiplayer. At that point, if they stop being clueless like every other halfwitted zero-willpower glasses-and-beard-saturated game dev company out there, then they might get the formula right. If not, bye-bye Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Doesn't have to be "for" anything. It's easy to remember and say and let's people know it's an upgrade. Give it a few weeks and everybody will agree that it's a good name. 

I'm not disagreeing with the idea people will accept it, but I'd just think a name should have some meaning to it.

What happened to the MCC patch you "predicted" like 6 months ago?

Already addressed this a few times but the two guys I communicated with told me what they told me, even mentioned they were doing assets. I asked them again more recently about an update and didn't get a response. They never lied to me before and I don't have reason to suspect they just made it up. I firmly believe they were working on H3A at one point and it was called off, honestly.

Kinda funny. In 2007, Halo 3 was in a place where it could last up until 2010 and I wasn't worrying about population or Bungie mishandling shit, even in spite of some great competition, like Gears 2 in 2008. Then we're coming up on Halo 5's second year  (NOT EVEN THERE, YET), and it's about to get a royal coup de grace by Destiny 2 and the new CoD coming out, with no sign of a new Halo in sight, or any further support for the current titles even out already (Bar HW2). What. A. Time. To. Be. Alive. I might need to get Destiny 2. Anyone know any good FPS titles that have a solid online component?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Kinda funny. In 2007, Halo 3 was in a place where it could last up until 2010 and I wasn't worrying about population or Bungie mishandling shit, even in spite of some great competition, like Gears 2 in 2008. Then we're coming up on Halo 5's second year  (NOT EVEN THERE, YET), and it's about to get a royal coup de grace by Destiny 2 and the new CoD coming out, with no sign of a new Halo in sight, or any further support for the current titles even out already (Bar HW2). What. A. Time. To. Be. Alive. I might need to get Destiny 2. Anyone know any good FPS titles that have a solid online component?

Build a PC. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm half tempted, fam.

Get full tempted, it'll be the best gaming decision you've ever made.

Kinda funny. In 2007, Halo 3 was in a place where it could last up until 2010 and I wasn't worrying about population or Bungie mishandling shit, even in spite of some great competition, like Gears 2 in 2008. Then we're coming up on Halo 5's second year (NOT EVEN THERE, YET), and it's about to get a royal coup de grace by Destiny 2 and the new CoD coming out, with no sign of a new Halo in sight, or any further support for the current titles even out already (Bar HW2). What. A. Time. To. Be. Alive. I might need to get Destiny 2. Anyone know any good FPS titles that have a solid online component?

Halo5 has a large population surprisingly
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 6

46k ranked gamertags in just the HCS playlist. Over 86k didn't finish their placement matches. So add in the population from warzone and other playlists, and the population is quite large. It's not peak halo, but the game isn't dead

• Upvote (+1) 1

46k ranked gamertags in just the HCS playlist. Over 86k didn't finish their placement matches. So add in the population from warzone and other playlists, an the population is quite large. It's not peak halo, but the game isn't dead

Was this from that same guy on r/Halo doing these a couple seasons ago?

I'd like to see the source if you can.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've heard it was 50 Billion people during peak times. So yea, Halo is not dead yet! 

• Upvote (+1) 1