CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Halo was like the only Xbox exclusive up there that didn't get shown for a 4k update what a joke

Halo Wars 2 was up there, but man what a disappointment.

I did see Halo 3 backwards compatible if that counts for anything. 

And it was there during the original announcement last year - means nothing.

Xso8TxU.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

I did see Halo 3 backwards compatibility if that counts for anything. 

I honestly wouldn't have minded even that. Halo 3 and ODST as backwards compat for Firefight.

Halo was like the only Xbox exclusive up there that didn't get shown for a 4k update what a joke

What happened to the MCC patch you "predicted" like 6 months ago?

All I know is, I saw that new Metro game and started jumping around like an idiot. It legit made me not give a damn about a new Halo game. Lol. I'll probably care in a few days.

• Upvote (+1) 1

All I know is, I saw that new Metro game and started jumping around like an idiot. It legit made me not give a damn about a new Halo game. Lol. I'll probably care in a few days.

I need to finish the last Metro. Great games. 

When I first saw that game I thought it was a Halo game. The shotgun had those blue dots on top of it. 

All of the delusional fans lying to themselves and saying, "Well, 343 always lies! There still might be H3A!! Don't give up hope!!!!!" were sort of right I guess. 343 did lie. They said there would be *something* at E3, and it turns out it was nothing.

I apologize for doubting you guys.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I still haven't finished Metro 2033. Bought it on Xboner and didn't finish it, despite thoroughly enjoying it. Super atmospheric too. 

Great games indeed. Some of my favorites.

Pretty sure that was Anna on the train too. So it's a direct sequel.

All of the delusional fans lying to themselves and saying, "Well, 343 always lies! There still might be H3A!! Don't give up hope!!!!!" were sort of right I guess. 343 did lie. They said there would be *something* at E3, and it turns out it was nothing.

There was definitely something. It was just small and not what people wanted. 

If it was anything, it was the tiny ass minuscule announcement that Halo Wars 2's getting a 4K update on the Xbox One X. Pathetic, but it counts.

There was definitely something. It was just small and not what people wanted. 

I would not classify that as something at all, but if you have lower standards then I guess I won't hold it against you.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I came out of my hiatus just to say 4 words: We told you so.

I'm not upset about no H3A, that was a given after MCC. They have swept it under the rug successfully, if they announced H3A and people start googling the words "Halo" and "remaster" the can of worms is instantly opened again.

What's really heartbreaking is that there was nothing Halo related at all. Not even a vague 10 second teaser or a generic MP trailer like we got three years ago with H5. We got nothing. And Microsoft kept talking about these exclusive games that look fantastic on the Xbox:One X (terrible name btw). Well what about the former flagship title that literally saved the OG Xbox and made XBL what it is today? Nah, nvm brah, here's a Minecraft skin pack. Halo is so fucking dead at this point it's not even funny anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not upset about no H3A, that was a given after MCC. They have swept it under the rug successfully, if they announced H3A and people start googling the words "Halo" and "remaster" the can of worms is instantly opened again.

What's really heartbreaking is that there was nothing Halo related. Not even a vague 10 second teaser or a generic MP trailer like we got two years ago with H5. We got nothing. And Microsoft kept talking about these exclusive games that look fantastic on the Xbox:One X (terrible name btw). Well what about the former flagship title that literally saved the OG Xbox and made XBL what it is today? Nah, nvm brah, here's a Minecraft skin pack. Halo is so fucking dead at this point it's not even funny anymore.

I think the Xbox One X is a fantastic name. Lets people know it's an upgrade, not a whole new gen, and the initials are X.B.O.X. Can't call it a "Pro" or anything so. 

I don't expect much from 343 but I have a feeling that they will somehow find a way to underwhelm me anyway

From the e3 thread...

I mean, my expectations were low, I was expecting 343 to disapoint me, but damn, I didnÄt see that coming...

I think the Xbox One X is a fantastic name. Lets people know it's an upgrade, not a whole new gen, and the initials are X.B.O.X. Can't call it a "Pro" or anything so. 

just like WiiU

just like WiiU

WiiU had a ton of problems, not just the name. 

People are already saying Xbox One X no problem because we are already used to the Xbox One S.

Edit: The Xbox One X was obviously the best name based on focus groups. Every single console release has people saying how shit the name is. I still remember people saying how dumb "Xbox 360" is. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1