CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

It had the most aim assist, except for the sniper/rockets.

It also has a ton of bullet mag on the pistol, more than 2-3 depending on the situation. Though, janky is a decent way to describe it. on the rockets and snipe and pr, way less than 2. Relatively the same as h3. I don't remember if rockets in h3 curved like they do in h2, but they dont curve at all in h1.

No headshot prioritization (that's halo2+4+5 i believe?) either.

The aim assist was needed because the ce spartans strafe faster. It's near impossible to glue your reticule to someone close range, especially since you need to lead so you are constantly going from his left to right side (offhost)

The high bullet magnetism is needed on the pistol since you can move 1-3 spartan lengths before the bullet can even reach them. So essentially 0-6 head lengths. As opposed to the h3 br which is like 1 head length lead on lan, and i *believe* the h3 br bullets land based on calculated hit (so if hes walking right and you lead right as you fire, you hit him, but if he goes left as soon as the bullet leaves your gun, you'll still hit him, but in ce this would be a miss.)

Ah ok.

So when you say 'aim-assist' are you referring stricly to the way the reticle sticks to the enemy?

Trying to shoot a fusion coil beside someone and the mind numbing combination of the reticle being glued to the enemy along with any shots you get on the fusion coil being warped towards that enemy...

Are you talking about old Halo's or H5? I hate how difficult it is to shoot barrels when players are near them in H5. I think I recall a recent pro league match where a player struggled mightily with this.

HELL fucking no. Halo 1 and 2's aiming is absolute aged crap compared to 3, Reach, and 4

Now I've officially seen everything.

• Upvote (+1) 3

What does enjoyably shit mean

The rest of the game was good enough that the bad aiming just got you angry and made you want to win more. When you get fucked over by it, it's like being cheated. When you get a kill, it's like you just beat two opponents. A shit aiming system is not something a developer should want to try, but I believe it's one of the reasons H3 was played for years. Same with BR spread. Complaining also gives a lot of vitality to a game.

I have yet to find out what IS grid aiming

The aiming was faster horizontally and vertically, I think. Total shit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can aim in all the games with no problem. I definitely prefer some of the aiming systems over others but if that is your major complaint about a game you just have to step up your game. 

I wasn't a huge fan of Halo 5 aiming but there are 50 things I want to fix before the aiming, really ..

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 6

I can aim in all the games with no problem. I definitely prefer some of the aiming systems over others but if that is your major complaint about a game you just have to step up your game.

I wasn't a huge fan of Halo 5 aiming but there is 50 things I want to fix before the aiming, really ..

Yea guys aiming in an FPS isn't even important LOL grow up kids there are way more important things. Next you're gonna tell me weapon balance makes you stop playing games like WOW what a child. Do you guys also not play because you don't like maps? What a generation of babies.
  • Upvote (+1) 7

I refuse to play h3 anymore. I'd rather play h4 than it. I don't get how people are okay with the aiming. It always feels like auto centering is on

• Downvote (-1) 1

4's in CE is underrated. I have more 4's experience on LAN than I do 2's. Yes, the spawn system will always try to spawn you with your teammates, which can lead to some brutal traps at rocket wall on Chilly or Red Shotgun on Hang Em. But once your team understands that they need to spread out and random on last man standing, it's not that bad. If your team KNOWS that spreading out is important, a spawn trap feels earned at that point.

I think a 4v4 spawn system that always tries to spawn you equidistant from all of your teammates has merit, especially if you can get a random if one of your teammates is on a clearly defined (and vulnerable) random spawn.

The level of spawn control that CE (and Halo 2 for a larger part than its successors) warranted is a contributor to depth that likely will not be seen again in a Halo game.

I would still contend that CE was more of a 2v2 kind of game because a lot of the maps simply flow better with 2v2. That said, 4v4 is still very much a viable mode of play for the majority of CE's maps and gametypes.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yea guys aiming in an FPS isn't even important LOL grow up kids there are way more important things. Next you're gonna tell me weapon balance makes you stop playing games like WOW what a child. Do you guys also not play because you don't like maps? What a generation of babies.

Except the issues with aiming was never really bad compared to other parts of the games. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 6

Only on consoles do you have people saying that responsive, precise aiming in a multiplayer shooting game isn't a big deal.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Only on consoles do you have people saying that responsive, precise aiming in a multiplayer shooting game isn't a big deal.

Who said that?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What does enjoyably shit mean

Opening reiku's Reddit profile and sorting his comment history by controversial.
  • Upvote (+1) 8

Do you read your own posts?

Tell me exactly where I said having responsive, precise aiming in a multiplayer shooting game isn't a big deal.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Tell me exactly where I said having responsive, precise aiming in a multiplayer shooting game isn't a big deal.

I mean, implying that other issues somehow take precedence over being able to simply aim (the most common element in a shooter) kinda says that. Same for saying that the people who have that as their biggest complaint need to just "step their game up" aim wise, something you couldn't legitimately do in this game up until a few weeks ago, as heavy and inconsistent aim existed, up until they were finally "fixed". That's in heavy quotes only because some people still suffer from it. I would take beta Halo 5 over current Halo 5, with its ass-shredding autos,  flinch, and faster sprint (Among other issues) just to be able to have proper aiming, because it's that important to a game. There may be 50 things I want to fix in Halo 5, but aiming will never not be the number one thing on said list.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I mean, implying that other issues somehow take precedence over being able to simply aim (the most common element in a shooter) kinda says that. Same for saying that the people who have that as their biggest complaint need to just "step their game up" aim wise, something you couldn't legitimately do in this game up until a few weeks ago, as heavy and inconsistent aim existed, up until they were finally "fixed". That's in heavy quotes only because some people still suffer from it. I would take beta Halo 5 over current Halo 5, with its ass-shredding autos,  flinch, and faster sprint (Among other issues) just to be able to have proper aiming, because it's that important to a game. There may be 50 things I want to fix in Halo 5, but aiming will never not be the number one thing on said list.

No, it doesn't. It only means that if the aiming was totally shit, like it isn't or wasn't - in all of the games (Though I agree that fixing inconsistent aiming should have a high priority value). All the games have easily controllable and acceptable ways of aiming, though they all work a little bit different and thus require you to get used to the system when playing the game.  That does not mean I don't prefer some of the aiming systems to others, but I feel they are all acceptable as said and I rather let the developers spend their time on other important gameplay mechanics instead. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

No, it doesn't. It only means that if the aiming was totally shit, like it isn't or wasn't - in all of the games (Though I agree that fixing inconsistent aiming should have a high priority value). All the games have easily controllable and acceptable ways of aiming, though they all work a little bit different and thus require you to get used to the system when playing the game.  That does not mean I don't prefer some of the aiming systems to others, but I feel they are all acceptable as said and I rather let the developers spend their time on other important gameplay mechanics instead. 

All the games have easily controllable and acceptable ways of aiming. Except for this one. It's inconsistent, and prone to becoming uncontrollable in a competitive environment. Inconsistent aiming is not acceptable, no matter which way you look at it. Consistent shit, like Halo 3 can be bitched about, but at least coped with. As with other Halo's aiming, 5's is THE most important gameplay mechanic, and for two years (nearly) it was broken, and for some people, still is. That's bullshit. I'd rather have developers spend their time fixing what is the core of the game. Aiming at another opponent. But how you manage to fuck up aiming, especially after Halo 4 is beyond baffling to me. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Will remember this next E3

Remember this.

• Upvote (+1) 1