CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

How many people do you think would have bought/played this game if it didn't have "Halo" in the title? What if H5 was a new IP? My guess is that it would probably sell about as well as Titanfall 2, maybe less. It isn't bad, so it would drain a small dedicated audience, but it wouldn't be very large at all.. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

How many people do you think would have bought/played this game if it didn't have "Halo" in the title? What if H5 was a new IP? My guess is that it would probably sell about as well as Titanfall 2, maybe less. It isn't bad, so it would drain a small dedicated audience, but it wouldn't be very large at all.. 

To be fair, Titanfall 2's sales were most likely fucked over due to sales cannibalism between it and Battlefield 1. Not like it undersold because it was a poor product.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If H5 was the first in the new series, I'd say about as much as Titanfall or BF:Hardline. If you count H4 as part of that IP the sales would have been abysmal.

Online population would have plummeted even faster probably.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think h5s's multiplayer would be more well received without the stigma of trying to live up to past halos

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think h5s's multiplayer would be more well received without the stigma of trying to live up to past halos

Correct. If it didn't have that context and had better aesthetics and UI, it could potentially compete with the big titles as a casual game.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

If halo 5 was released in December with the forge and shit, with split screen, I thought it would have done really well, as its own IP

Today I saved cod

Nuketown 1420 incoming

• Upvote (+1) 2

Are you designing maps over there?

Yup but I'm involved in all corners of the game. Zombies, game design, etc

• Upvote (+1) 2

After 15 or so games on the heavy aim patch, a mix of Slayer playlist, HCS playlist, random Custom Browser FFAs, Multi-teams, and two octagons, here are my immediate thoughts:

- There is a difference, for sure.  CQB with the magnum and DMR doesn't consistently feel like the hot garbage I've been used to in the past

- There is definitely still a difference in aim feel game to game/server to server.  I played a snipers/magnums FFA on plaza with about 8 other people last night, and it felt like whatever, nothing special.  The next game, different custom browser server, was basically BTB slayer on Stasis (why are so many kids into huge slayer games on Stasis? whatever), and the moment I joined in it felt like my sensitivity had hopped up two levels.  The prior game didn't feel heavy, but this game felt way more loose.

- This game still has just the wackiest hit registration.  Shots I know I shouldn't get I end up getting, shots that I feel were given to me a few seconds earlier, or in a previous match I don't get.  I feel like H5's strafe and reticle position is similar to CE in the sense that you and your targets strafe directions, as well as what side of the target your reticle is in (think the "leading" you do with the CE pistol), effects the hit reg, but in H5 it's just wrong sometimes.  I'll be trailing with my reticle and getting shots, the outside of the reticle barely on the person, but then a shot where I'm leading, reticle half on the target won't hit.

- 343 has been very clear that they've changed nothing about the aim system, just tried to fix the input latency issues, or actual bugs.  That said, there's still wacky "sensitivity wells", and times the aim feels flat out squirrely.  I stand by my post months ago that neighbor popped in during that laid out a bunch of possibly issues with H5 that contribute to the poor aim feel, and given that things still feel different match to match, I'm still convinced there's an issue with the auto-aim/magnetism system and how it ties into latency.

P.S., if you've been playing HCS and haven't gone back to Slayer lately, don't.  Having full radar is brutal, it feels like you should be crouch walking constantly, and having that combined with maps like Overgrowth or White Cell makes for straight up not fun Halo, all opinions about H5 in general aside.

EDIT: For anyone interested, the post I mentioned above: http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/5443-halo-5-guardians-discussion/page-5483?do=findComment&comment=910342

Awful campaign, broken aiming, broken spectator mode, no split-screen or LAN, basically no content at launch (especially for social), awful UI, awful DLC, etc would have been so much more well-received without people desperate for Halo to be back, I'm sure.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Well shit congrats man that awesome.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If the Zombies ending is trash again in "Black Ops 4", I'm @ ing you.

I bet by saved he means someone pitched a god awful (343 tier) idea and everybody was like "hey that could work", and MultiLockOn was all "fuck you that's a terrible idea and I forbid we even discus it further!"

• Upvote (+1) 9

sorry I keep losing tack over those different CoD studions, are you working on this years WW2 or the next one?

• Downvote (-1) 1

sorry I keep losing tack over those different CoD studions, are you working on this years WW2 or the next one?

Treyarch is working on CoD 2018. Their last one was 2015 and it's a three year cycle.

WW2 is Sledgehammer games (CoD:AW)

• Upvote (+1) 3

I bet by saved he means someone pitched a god awful (343 tier) idea and everybody was like "hey that could work", and MultiLockOn was all "fuck you that's a terrible idea and I forbid we even discus it further!"

Almost exactly actually ahaha wow

• Upvote (+1) 8

so was it ever explained why the kill feed doesn't show team colors?

triple team is a little confusing lol

so was it ever explained why the kill feed doesn't show team colors?

triple team is a little confusing lol

You think they even thought about that? Lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1