CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Get on, play one game, proceed to get so frustrated with how shitty this game is then turn off Xbox. It's happened multiple times just today. 

Dude on other team is on "pro" level and proceeds to AR the entire game, I'm done. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

@ Thanks for the confirmation. I feel your pain for the sword. The awful lags make it worse, often gets killed by a sword then the opponent die from my bullets...

The grenade radius is way too big.  I am losing almost all if not all my shields from grenades that are exploding way too far away to be doing that kind of damage.  

I'm also not a fan of being flung in the air when I get hit with a grenade.

I'm also not a fan of being flung in the air when I get hit with a grenade.

Also, frag nades can one shot a player, experienced it several times. I'll register it next time it happen.

That's another reason Empire's design blows chunks. Grenades find you no matter where you are and blow up right on your dick. It's like Countdown but 5x worse.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's so sad that I've actually become nostalgic about Reach NBNS. Like that was the last good Halo experience? Really? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I literally cannot believe that people are downvoting my thread on r/Halo. I am dumbfounded. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's so sad that I've actually become nostalgic about Reach NBNS. Like that was the last good Halo experience? Really? 

I'm pissed that Penance 1-flag was never a thing. That shit rocked.

For me it was Halo 3 :(

I literally cannot believe that people are downvoting my thread on r/Halo. I am dumbfounded. 

Welcome to the lore master community who thinks that Halo 5 is the greatest game ever created and 343 are Gods.

@@Batchford : Welcome to r/Halo ! I don't go there anymore since some H4 kid called me "archaic hardcore halo 2 grandpa". Only the r/globaloffensive is interesting and you can have game related conversations.

I can, and I'm not. It's r/halo.

I like how pretty much all the comments are supporting you. But the people doing the downvoting are the little cunts who can't be bothered to explain their asinine opinions, so they just smack the downvote button to make themselves feel heard while putting in fuckall effort.

The ranking system is actually working a lot better than what you guys think.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I'm holding out hope that Eden is somehow way better than Empire. Good god does Empire suck.

So many people like Empire, but empire SUCKS. Truth is solid.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Side note about r/halo, does anyone else have enormous banners for sub rules and MCC FAQ taking up space on the screen and blocking text? I had to turn off custom designs across reddit to get rid of that shit.

I like Clamber.

I Agree, I just wish they didn't build the maps around it, So we could still have meaningful Crouch jumps for combat situations, and clamber for map movement.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can, and I'm not. It's r/halo.

I like how pretty much all the comments are supporting you. But the people doing the downvoting are the little cunts who can't be bothered to explain their asinine opinions, so they just smack the downvote button to make themselves feel heard while putting in fuckall effort.

Yeah, to sum up r/Halo, people would rather upvote a post about Killcams than Sprint. LMAO

The most frustrating thing is that Halo 5 has the groundwork and foundation to be a GREAT Halo game. And both the community and 343 know exactly how to shape it into one. It's 343's relentless aversion to pull the trigger on it that is road blocking things.

• Remove sprint

• Increase base movement speed

• Scale maps down slightly (doesn't even have to be much, so long as base movement speed increase is significant)

• Make ground-pound something to be earned (like personal ordinance was, sort of)

• Speed up ADS animations

• Reduce magnetism & power of AR & SMG

• Remove aiming reticule from ground pound until you've been charging for at least a second (so as to make it less distracting when performing quick crouch-jumps), or (more preferably)...

• ...Change ground-pound button from holding crouch to "hold Left & Right bumper* (edit)", especially for Bumper Jumper (makes more sense: jump + melee buttons), alleviating mistakenly charging when attempting crouch jump, for example

• Remove flinch animations when being shot, as they provide no benefit and only serve to needlessly distract

• Remove or at least provide toggle option for in-game chatter

• Remove "enemy team has [power weapon name here]" AI callouts, but keep other power weapon audio notifications (or perhaps just text-based ones in activity feed)

• Remove "death music" and speed up ability to toggle through teammates views while waiting to respawn

• Remove cheesy, pointless "high five photo ops" at beginning and end of game, replace with longer map overview at beginning and more interesting winning-team stats at end of game

These changes alone, along with the obvious "option to remove impulse trigger vibration" (which are obviously oversights and will be in the final release anyway) would make Halo 5 not only fun to play, but also an incredibly competitive and entertaining game, both to watch and to play.

Throw in a custom game browser, in-game clans/team builder with a "team-only" based playlist requiring you to be part of a team and have at least 4 of those players online and in your party in order to search in the team-ranked playlist, as well as both a team-based and individual-based in-game leaderboard (with ability to challenge a higher ranked team to rank up faster, as well as the ability to watch the higher ranked teams play & learn from them), and Halo would not only be back to being a top 3 FPS game (both competitively and casually), but I believe would actually topple CoD for the #1 spot. Easily.

THAT'S a game I would gladly pay full price for any day, as I'm sure MANY people easily would as well. So why the hell not do it?! It's a god damned no-brainer!

i do t get the discontent with the death music, but I do understand the hate for the ending celebrations, I don think I've seen a single person who likes it.

Also I'd like to add to this:

Change smart scope to be more like the original scope, and not make guns more accurate or take up parts of the screen. Basically, a prettier version of the old scope.

Get rid of clamber, or allows us to shoot while doing it and do it from all directions.

Make charge a thruster+melee and keep it third person.

Shorten thruster distance and allow us to shoot while thrustering.

Slide can get cut

Ground pound should have a smaller aoe, exactly the size of one spartan, meaning you need a direct hit to do any damage of any kind. Should still kill.

Seriously: TAKE GROUND-POUND OFF OF CROUCH!

I at least 50% of my deaths most games come from jumping and the super-sensitive crouch (clicking left-stick; I use Bumper Jumper) starts a ground-pound charge which you CANNOT SHOOT WHILST DOING!

At the VERY least, make it so that you CAN shoot while charging, and doing so ends the charge. But the obviously better option is just move ground-pound to it's own unique button combo, like LB + RB, effectively reducing the chance of mistakenly charging one to absolutely ZERO.

i do t get the discontent with the death music, but I do understand the hate for the ending celebrations, I don think I've seen a single person who likes it.

Also I'd like to add to this:

Change smart scope to be more like the original scope, and not make guns more accurate or take up parts of the screen. Basically, a prettier version of the old scope.

Get rid of clamber, or allows us to shoot while doing it and do it from all directions.

Make charge a thruster+melee and keep it third person.

Shorten thruster distance and allow us to shoot while thrustering.

Slide can get cut

Ground pound should have a smaller aoe, exactly the size of one spartan, meaning you need a direct hit to do any damage of any kind. Should still kill.

Honestly, I Like the idea of Thruster+Slide, If you can shoot while Sliding, brings more interesting plays to the table like the sliding under the snipe and fourshotting someone that was posted earlier.  Or even keep it without being able to shoot while sliding so it wouldn't be abused in certain situations *Cough* Shotgun *Cough*

The more and more I play this game the less I like it.

Interesting. I went from liking the game to just meh.

Exact opposite for me. I'm pretty excited to try out phase 2 in the morning.

The ranking system is actually working a lot better than what you guys think.

I'm always like "Hell yes" when I see the pro ranked player on my team in the lobby. Then 1 second before the game starts, he gets swapped with the dude who hasn't played a game on the other team... and I'm just sitting here asking whether turning off my xbox will prevent a loss. 

But in all seriousness, this is better than what we've had for quite awhile.