CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Thank you for bringing this up, I've only noticed this myself last week. Its especially noticeable on maps like truth and eden. H5's player models are tiny in comparison to the map geometry. This combined with the fact that the spartan colors actually blend into the color palette on the map makes it a chore to spot players in. 

Finding enemy blue players on Eden is noticeably more difficult than spotting Red players, due to the cool color tones of Eden. The reverse is true on a map like Mercy where the overall warm reds of the maps gives Red players the slight edge. I don't even want to talk about KOTH/SH in H5 where the team that has control changes the color of the hill to literally the same exact shade of color as the player models. The Art Direction needs a complete overall tbh, there is a lot of unnecessary visual fluff that seriously hinders the players ability to play the game. 

Sounds like you need glasses  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sounds like you need glasses  :kappa:

Big-Sunglasses-Copy.jpg

This should take care of both the glare in H5 and help even out the color tones all in one. Thanks for that hot "tier 2" intel  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 8

Big-Sunglasses-Copy.jpg

This should take care of both the glare in H5 and help even out the color tones all in one. Thanks for that hot "tier 2" intel :kappa:

Ah I see the tier 2's are bonding awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
  • Upvote (+1) 6

Posted this in the Heavy Aim thread but I know some people don't really care or check that thread so I figured I'd just post it here for the hell of it as well (but I'll be talking about it in the Heavy Aim thread so if you want to respond!):

------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, I decided to dive into the Halo 5 aiming once again but I just wanted to make a quick video to try to describe and actually illustrate to people the difference in the feeling between the PC version and the Xbox version of Halo 5 and I wanted to test a hypothesis of mine that I've had for quite a while..

So in this video, I'm basically conducting a test to show that there appears to be some type of input delay (or lag) when you're releasing the stick. For the people that have commented on the PC version, you know what I'm talking about when I say that the PC version just feels a lot more precise. If you ever feel like your stick is "sliding" so to speak in the Xbox version, this video may be able to explain what you're experiencing.

I imagine that if you have a higher sensitivity and/or a higher aim acceleration, you may experience an exponential amount more of lag when the stick is released due to the reticule having to slow down longer from terminal velocity.

Now compound this issue with the fact there's currently a heavy aim fix being worked on that has to deal with "sampling" (not too sure what that means, but I imagine it has to do with the amount of geometry in LOS). There's also the varying server latency that you hear about all the time, even at the HCS events where players are tweeting that some matches feel like they're underwater and some don't.

I just wanted to make this video and gather your guy's thoughts on this and see what you guys think, because I've said it close to about 100 times already on here.. Halo 5 on PC feels an ass ton better than it does on Xbox. It's a huge difference between the two.

As someone that has never played H5 on an xbox, the pc aiming w controller still feels total garbage to me compared to ce or h2v. So not only is H5's aiming buggy as all hell, even when it's perfect it still sucks ass.

• Upvote (+1) 4

As someone that has never played H5 on an xbox, the pc aiming w controller still feels total garbage to me compared to ce or h2v. So not only is H5's aiming buggy as all hell, even when it's perfect it still sucks ass.

I've played every Halo, and trust me I would MUCH prefer Halo 2's aiming over any other Halo any day of the week. But the PC's aiming system is literally light years better than the Xbox's. That's literally how bad it is. The aiming with the mouse is what really feels like garbage on the PC, but the controller aiming feels quite nice in comparison to Xbox.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This should take care of both the glare in H5 and help even out the color tones all in one. Thanks for that hot "tier 2" intel :kappa:

It's actually "tier 0" intel

So... why does aiming feel so much better on my PC... My goodness is it good compared to the XB1 version of Halo 5

I wanted to share this excellent video with you all because I feel many of the concepts it explores can be applied to Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Yeah, Controller aiming on Halo 5 PC is excellent. The mouse settings are garbage however. I hope that if Halo MCC or any future Halo FPS titles come to PC that they make some good mouse settings so its actually playable.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The halo 3 classic playlist is probably going to be Halo 2 Br's with hitscan and with normal  AR's and all the maps are on forge...

And then it will fail and then all of the community are going to be like "lol i tuld u olld halo suks, u nede to adupt"

• Upvote (+1) 4

I predict an ODST style expansion with the playlist in the new "engine" (different HUD, different gameplay elements).

For the people who think that liking H4 more than H5 is asinine, this is why people think this way:

At least H4 wasn't deteriorating in overall functionality while it aged.

• Upvote (+1) 3

• Xbox One: controller aiming is literal garbage
  • PC: mouse aiming gives me AIDS

"But the controller aiming on PC is decent! We did it!"

The fuck is wrong with this company.

I think they modeled the sensitivity curves after the management style there. Makes sense now. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

For the people who think that liking H4 more than H5 is asinine, this is why people think this way:

At least H4 wasn't deteriorating in overall functionality while it aged.

Kids on neogaf waypoint and reddit will come up with some hilarious mental gymnastics to defend 343 for this.

It doesn't even get the shield spark...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Untitled.jpg

really makes u think huh

I understand that not everyone is knowledgeable about weapon balance, but I always tell folks that if the pistol in Halo 5 suddenly transformed into a rifle with none of its other attributes adjusted, it would still be relatively inadequate as a utility weapon.

Untitled.jpg

really makes u think huh

Tfw when you're too stupid to look past the utterly irrelevant aesthetics of virtual weapons that don't exist and think it is somehow relevant to balance discussion. I wonder how the discussion would look if we just started with the DMR and it functioned 100% identically to the magnum.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Untitled.jpg

really makes u think huh

The magnum fires a 12x7mm round.

The AR fires 7.62x51mm round.

The magnum actually fires a larger bullet.

Immerse me. 

:walshy: 

But the AR fires that bullet out of a longer, rifled barrel. And the cartridge itself has more gunpowder.

• Upvote (+1) 1