CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Who is going to listen to the earpieces and higher-ups from Microsoft.

I actually think this is a myth. Look at Gears of War for example, another MS-owned franchise. Besides Judgment, which Quinn ruined the series shows no sign of CoDification like Halo has shown since 2010. These changes come from 343 themselves, people like Kevin Franklin who know literally nothing about Halo were put in key positions and the results were Infinity Slayer, Breakout and Warzone.

edit: nvm scratch all hope we had for Tom French, just saw the "Let me guess. Remove sprint and ADS and make it exactly like Halo 2 or 3" reply to Favyn.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I actually think this is a myth. Look at Gears of War for example, another MS-owned franchise. Besides Judgment, which Quinn ruined the series shows no sign of CoDification like Halo has shown since 2010. These changes come from 343 themselves, people like Kevin Franklin who know literally nothing about Halo were put in key positions and the results were Infinity Slayer, Breakout and Warzone.

Perhaps it was a bit emotional for me to conclude that, but 343 did make a traditional Halo 4 once before scraping it for Halo of Duty. Tom's tweet did not give me a good first impression.

Vehicles are power weapons on steroids that you rarely "earn". They're just at your base and they are free. There's nothing worse than slapping the piss out of a kid in every single gunfight, just to have him go into his banshee and drop a 30 streak. 99% of the time I lose BTB games it's because the enemy team just hops in every vehicle and my team doesn't. I will never use them because they are the most boring things of all time. They require no aim skill it's just not interesting. Infantry based BTB would be way more skillful and way more enjoyable. I don't see how people find vehicles fun, they're just so easy to get kills with. But hey some people like using low skill high reward things. I personally think if something requires you ENTIRE team to take down, but only 1 enemy to use its broken.

this is true. they need to rethink vehicles as if they are typical power weapons...

the more easily lethal they are, the less durable they should be. If they are super durable, then the weaponry should have nuances that makes them skillful.

allow infantry to counter quickly with well placed shots, make vehicles more difficult to handle and maybe even limit ammo and require them to be resupplied.

there definately needs to be more vehicles that require multiple riders to use most effectively- obviously making the added firepower come at the cost of potentially losing multiple lives at once. less ghosts and wasps, more scorpions, warthogs, and falcons.

edit: am i tripping, or were we able to snipe tank drivers back in the day?

• Upvote (+1) 5

Yeah Tom is not an improvement for mp.

The quicker people realize this the better, imo. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The quicker people realize this the better, imo.

Let me just find comfort in my ignorance please.

In all seriousness, let's try not to hype French up like MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Tom French being the lead is (or at least has the potential to be) a good thing I think. However if his style of communication changes in any real way it'll confirm the higher ups are forcing their developers to treat the community a certain way.

The main problem with BTB is the air vehicles. They're just so poorly designed, and they ruin almost every map.

The ghost and the wraith are the best in the series as far as I'm concerned.

The scorpion is completely fine.

The rocket hog is perfect.

The regular warthog has great health, damage and handling, but the gunner is too vulnerable. Just make the gun provide the same amount of cover as the rocket hog and we're gucci.

The mantis is fine too. It can take a beating but it's not that powerful. And it's completely shut down by the plasma pistol or hydra. It's easy to hit and thus keep weak. I don't see what the issue is with it. Seems like it's in a good state to me.

The shit vehicles are the gauss, banshee and wasp.

The gauss could be fixed by making it a 2 hit kill.

The banshee could be fixed a shitload of different ways, but the one I want to see is no more flips. Let it control like a jet, and make it do damage to the pilot when he's flying into a wall, that way you can't hide behind cover while you wait for your health.

The wasp in all honesty doesn't even need to exist. But if it must stay, I'd differentiate it from the banshee by making it the low damage, high health, constant nuisance role, like a sky mantis. I'd get rid of the shield, up the base health, get rid of it's missiles, and make it's gun take longer to overheat. And maybe get rid of the glass over the pilot so theres always a way to kill it quickly by shooting the pilot directly.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I've been playing through all the old Splinter Cells recently and would just like to say that a Halo stealth game would be fucking incredible. Imagine playing an ONI agent (or Spartan) infiltrating a Covenant supercarrier in the height of the Human Covenant war to gather intel on possible weaknesses to the Covenant, or assassinating a high value target.

MAKE IT HAPPEN.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I've been playing through all the old Splinter Cells recently and would just like to say that a Halo stealth game would be fucking incredible. Imagine playing an ONI agent (or Spartan) infiltrating a Covenant supercarrier in the height of the Human Covenant war to gather intel on possible weaknesses to the Covenant, or assassinating a high value target.

MAKE IT HAPPEN.

And call it "Hunt the Truth"

• Upvote (+1) 1

Servers are laggy as shit and I literally played with two people who didn't move from the base on coli flag. They just stood there like they were protecting it. It was like they were using the controls for the first time.

MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Woah woah woah.

You want ANOTHER spin off Halo title?

Greedy fuck, you've already had Halo 4, Spartan Assault, Spartan Strike, Halo 5 and Halo Wars 2.

There hasn't been a mainline Halo game since Halo 3! Let us have a mainline Halo game before they make another spin off for fucks sake.

• Upvote (+1) 5

IMAGINE A HALO GAME THAT WAS LIKE THIS, STYLISTICALLY

GOTDAMN I'M STARTIN TA SWEAT

I've said it before: Halo cooperative stealth action spin-off based on the Headhunters.

:walshy: 

• Upvote (+1) 5

I've said it before: Halo cooperative stealth action spin-off based on the Headhunters.

:walshy:

someone please make fan art of this. if I can't have the game, at least let me live the fantasy

Edit: oh shit, I could just watch headhunters. B R B

Edit 2: Headhunters is almost exactly what I want in a stealth Halo game, flashbangs, EMPs, tactical vision, coop takedowns, active camo, the ability to shoot grenades to make them explode prematurely, IT'S ALL HERE. Just wish the two characters were a bit less edgelordy.

It's pretty easy to balance the gauss better. Give it a charge up before firing, so that the charge takes about as much time as it takes (approximately) to get a kill with the chain gun.

It's instant kill, but you need time the charge while tracking the player to do it.

Perfect, Balanced, lets move on.

Alternatives include making the gauss the "precision" Warthog, so it is basically a sniper on wheels. It needs a head shot to 1 hit kill and 2 body shots, low RoF.

• Upvote (+1) 7

snip

WHATS UP FUCK BOIZ FINAL HALO 5 MAP

You got 5 on it, 

grab your 40, let's keyed

Luniz-I-Got-5-On-It-www.BestVideoRap.com

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's pretty easy to balance the gauss better. Give it a charge up before firing, so that the charge takes about as much time as it takes (approximately) to get a kill with the chain gun.

It's instant kill, but you need time the charge while tracking the player to do it.

Perfect, Balanced, lets move on.

Alternatives include making the gauss the "precision" Warthog, so it is basically a sniper on wheels. It needs a head shot to 1 hit kill and 2 body shots, low RoF.

Make it do shit loads of damage to ground vehicles, with less damage done to air Targets.

Make the Rocket Hog lock onto Air Targets.

Remove the Banshee roll.

Guys can someone confirm just checked xbox popular/most played and Halo 5 currently sitting 34th? Is that right?

Guys can someone confirm just checked xbox popular/most played and Halo 5 currently sitting 34th? Is that right?

Probably true. Servers and reqs being fucked for over 24hrs probably didn't help.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah I'm UK hence why I saw it at 34th 21st I belive over in states. Hasn't been that low in UK.

Just give me a good game, or series of games, about Ghosts of Onyx. That would be really fun honestly.

Think about it guys. Forge team implemented wall-running, I think this is a sign.

Gonna have to adapt harder than ever.

• Upvote (+1) 3