CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Guys they're not gonna take sprint out so just stop going on about it. It comes to a point where you just have to make a compromise and think of ways to improve its implementation in the game.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

The more I'm playing the more I'm wanting to see frag grenades revert to their Halo 1 standard of exploding with extreme prejudice after coming to rest. A lot of areas on the two maps we've played so far feel like they'd benefit from that to me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

At least don't let us use thrust, sprint, stabilize or ground pound without SHIELDS!!

Guys they're not gonna take sprint out so just stop going on about it. It comes to a point where you just have to make a compromise.

They asked for our feedback, we're giving it. The creative person can't pick and choose what criticism they like. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

H2A struggles to maintain 60fps on shrine with one screen. While I haven't noticed much in the way of FPS drops in the beta. I doubt 4 player split screen is possible, especially on the larger maps.

Everything is possible if they are willing to put in the effort. If H2A (albeit a bit laggy) works, so can Halo 5.

The more I'm playing the more I'm wanting to see frag grenades revert to their Halo 1 standard of exploding with extreme prejudice after coming to rest. A lot of areas on the two maps we've played so far feel like they'd benefit from that to me.

And remove the ability to shoot them out of someone's hand. Nobody has ever actually aimed for a midair grenade; anyone saying otherwise is a liar.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Guys they're not gonna take sprint out so just stop going on about it. It comes to a point where you just have to make a compromise and think of ways to improve its implementation in the game.

Real talk, I don't even know anymore.  We have desprint, we have no shield regen, people are still using it to get away, and frankly they probably always will.

Can't sprint for an entire second after thrusting?  Make it drain shields?  Explode the instant you press the button?  I don't fucking know anymore, what more can we do that we haven't already done?

• Upvote (+1) 3

They asked for our feedback, we're giving it. The creative person can't pick and choose what criticism they like. 

False.

"Dealing with it" and compromising is what got us to where we/Halo are/is today.

No more. We, as loyal Halo fans, have "dealt with it" and stuck through enough bullshit that we deserve a game that we actually like if they're going to continue to release games under the "Halo" name.

Two perfect answers, thank you both for those.

Ok then. Keep banging on about removing sprint. They won't listen to you anyway. This is how negotiations break down, when one party decides not to negotiate because they aren't getting everything entirely their own way. 343 aren't gonna listen to you because it is just an immature way of going about it.

• Downvote (-1) 5

Please don't be like TuElite, no one thinks it's funny or even "cool".

83ab3e2a890e81dce1b5fb23a350235c.png

So Edgy.... 

:prayers:

• Upvote (+1) 1

And remove the ability to shoot them out of someone's hand. Nobody has ever actually aimed for a midair grenade; anyone saying otherwise is a liar.

Probably the most annoying way to die IMO. You just feel robbed. Why is this still here?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Probably the most annoying way to die IMO. You just feel robbed. Why is this still here?

The most annoying thing about it is that anyone who does it to you doesn't aim for it, so it's just completely random and luck based.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The most annoying thing about it is that anyone who does it to you doesn't aim for it, so it's just completely random and luck based.

Exactly. You can't know when somebody is going to through a nade, and the timing is very intricate. Its just simply an addition of randomness.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There's nothing inherently wrong with a lot of medals, it's just that some of them are not satisfying

They are not satisfying because there are too much medals, i don't even pay attention to them anymore since you get a medal because yo got three medals, it's ridiculous.

Ok then. Keep banging on about removing sprint. They won't listen to you anyway. This is how negotiations break down, when one party decides not to negotiate because they aren't getting everything entirely their own way. 343 aren't gonna listen to you because it is just an immature way of going about it.

Accepting shitty mechanics is why this series has seen a drop in quality over the last decade.

Explode the instant you press the button? 

I advocated always for this.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Probably because it's been there since H2, and nobody else complains about it.

Probably because it's been there since H2, and nobody else complains about it.

Yeah, but in H4, h2a, and H5 it happens frequently. Not sure why.

Once again facing people who are higher ranks than me and I get people who haven't even finished their placements games.  Facing decent people really makes you realize how exploitable this game really is.  Sprint, thuster, hide, rinse and repeat

I just want to say, thank god there's new maps/modes coming tomorrow. 

Because game devs live to make things more annoying. To them it makes the experience more personal or some stupid shit.