CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Guys, Halo needs to evolve. You can't keep making the same game every year and expect it to sell. That's why I think it's time we get rid of enhanced mobility. Enhanced mobility guys have gotten the past three Halo's so if you prefer the old style you can just stick with halo 4 and 5 :-) Or adapt, I don't fucking care.

THE TIME FOR CLASSIC IS NOW

Hovered on the neg during the second sentence. Luckily for you you turned it around and totally redeemed yourself! 

Maps are no good without a decent metagame to play on them. A supremely dull experience like default H5 will suck the life out of all maps, big, small, symmetrical, asymmetrical, whatever. That said I think Rig is one of the better maps in the game. Riptide's a directionless clusterfuck. I think Molten is salvageable with some changes.

You want to talk about bad maps, let's talk about Fathom, Torque, and Coliseum. Ho-ly shit why.

Genuinely curious as to why you don't like Fathom or Coliseum. Not that I think they are amazingly good maps, but I enjoy those two more than most of the maps on H5.

I think Truth is really the only map I enjoy playing more than those two.

Rig is up there with the better maps, Tyrant could be better with some adjustments, Regret is something I think I would enjoy more if it had a more interesting power weapon, Empire and Eden are alright in my book, I actually enjoy Stasis even though I thinks its not a good map.

Overgrowth, Torque, Riptide, Molten are something I'd be okay with never playing again. Mercy is not as bad, but definitely not fun.

Genuinely curious as to why you don't like Fathom or Coliseum. Not that I think they are amazingly good maps, but I enjoy those two more than most of the maps on H5.

I think Truth is really the only map I enjoy playing more than those two.

Rig is up there with the better maps, Tyrant could be better with some adjustments, Regret is something I think I would enjoy more if it had a more interesting power weapon, Empire and Eden are alright in my book, I actually enjoy Stasis even though I thinks its not a good map.

Overgrowth, Torque, Riptide, Molten are something I'd be okay with never playing again. Mercy is not as bad, but definitely not fun.

Coliseum is completely broken by long-range weapons. If one team has sniper control, you can't go anywhere without getting dinged by either that or DMR teamshot (that you can't effectively answer since, despite not being a "power weapon", the DMR outclasses the magnum and whoever controls snipe has a steady stream of respawning DMRs right under their nose). And that snowballs until the final score ends up being 50-11 or the other team quits.

Fathom is just nothing. It's a flat square with a wall/catwalk in the middle. All anyone does is camp the treehouses and thrust back into cover when they take even a sliver of damage.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Coliseum is completely broken by long-range weapons. If one team has sniper control, you can't go anywhere without getting dinged by either that or DMR teamshot (that you can't effectively answer since, despite not being a "power weapon", the DMR outclasses the magnum and whoever controls snipe has a steady stream of respawning DMRs right under their nose). And that snowballs until the final score ends up being 50-11 or the other team quits.

Fathom is just nothing. It's a flat square with a wall/catwalk in the middle. All anyone does is camp the treehouses and thrust back into cover when they take even a sliver of damage.

I guess I just don't really have those experiences that much.

I feel that there usually isn't a ton of people running around with DMRs and I usually just position myself into where the DMR doesn't have the range advantage. I can only think of a handful of times where we would get 3-0'd super fast or get steaked, but I felt it was that they were just a much better team than ours was. Not because of a gun deficiency. Not to say that weapons couldn't use tweaking (because honestly they could) I just don't experience it that much.

I can't even remember the last time I played Fathom slayer, but again I just don't experience that all that much in objective. Everyone usually makes a push at some point unless they are anchoring.

I do think that playing objective does help allieviate these problems though. It forces the DMR's to go in closer areas where they don't have as big of an advantage on Coliseum. It forces players to move around in fathom.

I guess I just don't really have those experiences that much.

I feel that there usually isn't a ton of people running around with DMRs and I usually just position myself into where the DMR doesn't have the range advantage. I can only think of a handful of times where we would get 3-0'd super fast or get steaked, but I felt it was that they were just a much better team than ours was. Not because of a gun deficiency. Not to say that weapons couldn't use tweaking (because honestly they could) I just don't experience it that much.

I can't even remember the last time I played Fathom slayer, but again I just don't experience that all that much in objective. Everyone usually makes a push at some point unless they are anchoring.

I do think that playing objective does help allieviate these problems though. It forces the DMR's to go in closer areas where they don't have as big of an advantage on Coliseum. It forces players to move around in fathom.

Welcome to the H5:GD thread, where the experiential evidence is highly questionable and the opinions don't matter.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Welcome to the H5:GD thread, where the experiential evidence is highly questionable and the opinions don't matter.

My opinions of H5 being a big fat turd get silently neg repped by you very frequently. My opinions are based my experiences playing the game. Wouldn't that be experiental evidence?

• Upvote (+1) 2

No, spartan discharge will be the name of the revived jetpack. Instead of using an actual jetpack, spartans will instead blow startling amounts of red and green mucus out of their crotches, so much so that they actually achieve flight.

If any of that discharge makes contact with another spartan before hitting the ground, that spartan will disintegrate into orange forerunner dust.

what the fuck
  • Upvote (+1) 6

No, spartan discharge will be the name of the revived jetpack. Instead of using an actual jetpack, spartans will instead blow startling amounts of red and green mucus out of their crotches, so much so that they actually achieve flight.

If any of that discharge makes contact with another spartan before hitting the ground, that spartan will disintegrate into orange forerunner dust.

what the fuck

Cmon, you know you laughed

Certainly painted a pretty picture.

Guys, Halo needs to evolve. You can't keep making the same game every year and expect it to sell. That's why I think it's time we get rid of enhanced mobility. Enhanced mobility guys have gotten the past three Halo's so if you prefer the old style you can just stick with halo 4 and 5 :-) Or adapt, I don't fucking care.

THE TIME FOR CLASSIC IS NOW

The worst part, if 343 did this, I would still hate them, because they would use it as PR about how "they listen to their fans" and the 343i fanboys will praise them as gods, even though they've spent the last 5 years fucking us.

I would still buy it to support classic Halo.

Guess im saving $109.95 because we all know that shit aint happening, they're in to deep now!

If only 343 had listings for level designers instead of sticking with the two turds they have now.

Outsourced halo maps were better. It makes no sense to me that they went inhouse and only have two... and the don't seem to operate with any principles.

Outsourced halo maps were better. It makes no sense to me that they went inhouse and only have two... and the don't seem to operate with any principles.

meh the H4 DLC maps Certain Affinity made were pretty horrible. They are decent at making remakes though, their art is pretty impressive (although a bit too distracting)

Bit dismissive there methinks

• Upvote (+1) 1

meh the H4 DLC maps Certain Affinity made were pretty horrible. They are decent at making remakes though, their art is pretty impressive (although a bit too distracting)

Warlord and shrine are the two best.looking maps graphically in the franchise. I don't have understand how we sent backwards with graphics

Tbh I would rather 343 be put on a new IP. I think they are holding Halo back, and inturn I think Halo is holding them back from making the game they want to make, its not a good fit at all and its why the direction has constantly been at odds with a large portion of the fanbase and various communities. They could still be overseers of the franchise and its overall direction, any spin offs and lore but just outsource mainline Halos to a more competent developer or one that can give us and wants to make, an actual Halo game.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Warlord and shrine are the two best.looking maps graphically in the franchise. I don't have understand how we sent backwards with graphics

Graphically pretty, but when I look to closely at the patterns I get annoyed. To much unneccesary detail.

Personally I think they should have looked at Sandtraps Forerunner architecture for redoing Sanctuary. Make the stone all look like solid pieces placed together, even use the same materials.

Shrine, when you look closely, just looks like metal H4/H2A Multiplayer Forerunner, (which I think looks horrible) retextured with stone.

The natural stuff is gorgeous though.

Tbh I would rather 343 be put on a new IP. I think they are holding Halo back, and inturn I think Halo is holding them back from making the game they want to make, its not a good fit at all and its why the direction has constanly been at odd with a large portion of the fanbase amd communities. They could still be overseers of the franchise and its direction, any spin offs and lore but just outsource mainline Halos to a more competent developer or one that can give us and wants to make an actual Halo game.

I honestly believe if we had gotten Black Tusk/Coalition post Bungie, the franchise and the community would be in a better place. Every step 343 has taken from the gameplay to the art direction has just pushed me and my mates away from a franchise we would play over all others.

I can only hope that 343 actually follow the trends and go back to basics but its still a 343 game at the end of the day.

• Upvote (+1) 4

03733536a162782ffe04c0479e0e7a40a102dd0c

Mods are going to say that you should be editing your original post with those other posts instead of 'spamming.'

I honestly believe if we had gotten Black Tusk/Coalition post Bungie, the franchise and the community would be in a better place. Every step 343 has taken from the gameplay to the art direction has just pushed me and my mates away from a franchise we would play over all others.

I can only hope that 343 actually follow the trends and go back to basics but its still a 343 game at the end of the day.

Personally I think the major difference between the Coalition and 343 is Rod Fergusson, theres no one to my mind at 343 whos been as involved as Fergusson has with the franchise and its development since the first Gears, couldnt ask for a better guy to take the franchise forward.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

A little off topic. I had never seen this till last night. Thought it was pretty funny. Sorry if a repost. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

A little off topic. I had never seen this till last night. Thought it was pretty funny. Sorry if a repost.

snip

That's obviously based on Halo 3 but at the end he sprints. Writing up a letter to Robot Chicken, Comedy Central and its affiliates right now to complain and hopefully get that show off the air. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Quite fitting with you as one of its prominent members.

I'm so done with this game. Servers are shit, matchmaking is the worst I've ever seen. Takes ages to get into games unless i play late.

Only reason I'm playing os because I really want to have fun on it like i did back on H3. But this game stinks in so many areas.

H3A is needed but we all know they would fuck it up.

They can't just go H3 updated graphics, fix Br spread, and make it 60fps, they'll do some funky shit and break the game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm so done with this game. Servers are shit, matchmaking is the worst I've ever seen. Takes ages to get into games unless i play late.

Only reason I'm playing os because I really want to have fun on it like i did back on H3. But this game stinks in so many areas.

H3A is needed but we all know they would fuck it up.

They can't just go H3 updated graphics, fix Br spread, and make it 60fps, they'll do some funky shit and break the game.

I feel you, I deleted the game picked up where I left off with Battlefield 1 and Uncharted 4 and my sanity and blood pressure are now greatly improved.