CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I was calling out to my teammates but the guy could go past 3 call out positions before i could even finish a sentence. It was rough..

Hey, I agree with you, Those are just their arguments, but then agin, when they can respond to anything with about 5 different sentences to no matter how well written your argument is.. makes it hard.

Think we could get that on the OP of this thread, just so if people from other sites happen to view this thread they can see that?

And what's the problem here

In 3/4 clips you simply went the wrong way and ran straight at them when all you had to do is cut them off, and every single situation gave you an easy avenue to cut them off

In the other clip where you had no route to flank him you screwed up a jump and he got away because of it

This is really the argument against sprint? I don't have the ability to predict my enemies movements when they aren't moving at the speed of slug? I mean seriously you even have a radar in front of you, all of those kills got away because you chased in a predictable fashion

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 14

In 3/4 clips you simply went the wrong way and ran straight at them when all you had to do is cut them off, and every single situation gave you an easy avenue to cut them off

In the other clip where you had no route to flank him you screwed up a jump and he got away because of it

This is really the argument against sprint? I don't have the ability to predict my enemies movements when they aren't moving at the speed of slug? I mean seriously you even have a radar in front of you, all of those kills got away because you chased in a predictable fashion

You missed the point.

He was running away.

But I must admit it was funny to watch. If that is what H5 will be like, then it will be fun to watch.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sorry for the accidental plus rep. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yeah... I'm all for the removal of sprint, but that video is terrible at demonstrating why it's bad. If your shot is that terrible, or you're that bad at predicting movement then that shit will happen in any halo game. If we want to show why sprint is bad, we should be showing videos where sprint is the reason the enemy gets away, not one where they escape because the other player is bad.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

What is someone posted a super serious video where the enemy lives completely because of sprint with no mistakes coming from the persons POV? What's your argument then?

Noticed that a lot of users dislike the medals. 

I say keep all the medals, but just decrease the amount that the announcer says aloud.

(take out the "kill" medal though)  :lxthul:

Yeah... I'm all for the removal of sprint, but that video is terrible at demonstrating why it's bad. If your shot is that terrible, or you're that bad at predicting movement then that shit will happen in any halo game. If we want to show why sprint is bad, we should be showing videos where sprint is the reason the enemy gets away, not one where they escape because the other player is bad.

I hit the vast majority of my shots.. I seriously don't get it. But heres another vid that shows it from the sprinters pov. Thanks Jmacz 

• Upvote (+1) 7

I hit the vast majority of my shots.. I seriously don't get it. But heres another vid that shows it from the sprinters pov. Thanks Jmacz

Increasing thruster cool down time would've got you killed. Sprint wasn't the only problem there.

However, I do think sprint needs to be limited to like 6 seconds per use.

This is insane, why do they keep forcing it on us? Sprint will only make sense in games with fast kill times.

Just took the halo 5 beta poll. Surprised to see how 50/50 most of it is going. This forum tends to be pro 1/2/3 era but the results of this poll seem to say otherwise.

Personally lasted about 4 hours before I got fed up of H5. Hoping breakout adds something to it, I like 1 life game modes in other games so,.

9THgDCq.gif

Lol sprint is so bad. It's so obvious it's so bad. Yet 343 persist. I don't get it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not saying sprint is good. It 100% needs to go. But that video is terror at demonstrating why.

You want to show how sprint is bad? Get clips where sprint is the only factor in a player survivng.

Did you honestly watch the first clip and didn't see anything wrong with that? 

EqlTyPX.jpg

At 0:04 he's engaging on an enemy he's not catching in any Halo game

At 0:12 he should know that his shield is back and this is no longer a kill worth chasing so aggressively

At 0:15 he thrusts at a nonsensical wide angle that's actually putting him further away from the opponent

He has two options at this point and he picked the one that made no sense

Get on the ledge and then thrust straight down the hallway

Alternatively he can thrust left around the other side of the pillar and the opponent would have checked straight into him roughly 1 second later

Instead he thrusts back and to the right and makes it take longer to get the opponent's position than if he simply jumped and walked in a straight line?

Whoever made this clip completely outplayed himself with a long series of bad decisions chasing a full shield target and is just salty

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 7