CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

<p>

[*]A full auto projectile weapon with no spread and a very high rate of fire. The projectiles bounce off of walls/floors. idk if the bounced shots should track like the Scattershot or do bonus damage, but there would probably have to be some sort of bonus to make going for bounced shots viable.

I had an idea along this vein but it shot out a beam of hardlight shaped like an "I", and it would have reflective sides. So when the beam hit a wall at an angle and bounced off, you could actually see around the corner by looking at the beam.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Gotta love the creativity of this thread on coming up with unique and fun weapons, yet the best we get out of 343 is a SAW.

Gotta love the creativity of this thread on coming up with unique and fun weapons, yet the best we get out of 343 is a SAW.

rail gun is amazing :D

Do you guys think they could do select fire on a battle rifle. 3 round burst or 1 round burst. Have it be the main weapon in halo 6

Grenade launcher has more potential. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'd love to see the launcher in hcs. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do you guys think they could do select fire on a battle rifle. 3 round burst or 1 round burst. Have it be the main weapon in halo 6

Well, here is a thread on Waypoint on balancing the BR, pistol, and AR. I'd suggest you ignore the pistol, as it's probably the worst suggestion.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/ar-br-pistol-how-we-can-make-all-three-greater/3ac819de-a287-4533-8e8d-aa7497500cd0/posts

hmm sounds interesting. I'd like if the dmr and br were put into one gun.

Unfortunately, he's still under the impression that the role of a sidearm is actually useful in halo. Every iteration of the magnum based on that philosophy was hot garbage to use, and was only ever picked up for dual wielding purposes or they were just desperate.

That being said, I'd love his AR and BR (or service rifle, lol) as map pick ups along with an ideal utility magnum as the starting weapon.

Everybody knows the golden triangle of Halo consists of shooting the AR, holding forward, and Melee. In that order. 

That's not a triangle, that's a recursive vector tree.  :intel:

• Upvote (+1) 1

You what's got me grinding my gears? The developers have acknowledged the issues of double melee in Reach and that continued onward in halo 4 when sprint was introduced. Now in halo 5, they create Spartan charge to limit the number of double melees in the game, only for the mechanic to be the most universally hated Spartan ability of all.

But why did no one ever think about the ease of melees being the perpetuating factor of double melees back in the day? Their forgiving lunges make people rarely miss in Reach and 4, so reverting it back to CE's melee would make melees take skill and make double melees much less prevalent. 343 has to be one of the least efficient developers of this period.

• Upvote (+1) 4

You what's got me grinding my gears? The developers have acknowledged the issues of double melee in Reach and that continued onward in halo 4 when sprint was introduced. Now in halo 5, they create Spartan charge to limit the number of double melees in the game, only for the mechanic to be the most universally hated Spartan ability of all.

But why did no one ever think about the ease of melees being the perpetuating factor of double melees back in the day? Their forgiving lunges make people rarely miss in Reach and 4, so reverting it back to CE's melee would make melees take skill and make double melees much less prevalent. Whatever I suppose...

I hate melee combat it feels cheap and every time someone gets a huge lunge on you it feels like crap.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

But why did no one ever think about the ease of melees being the perpetuating factor of double melees back in the day? Their forgiving lunges make people rarely miss in Reach and 4, so reverting it back to CE's melee would make melees take skill and make double melees much less prevalent. Whatever I suppose...

First of all.  You are not grinding your own gears kind sir.  343 is grinding them for you.   Second of all, no, not whatever, don't suppose. We need to stand tall beside our Halo beliefs and voice them loudly; do not acquiesce to the idiocracy. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does anyone else get annoyed when the clock says 3:43 or is that just me?

I prefer 4:44, and yes. 

This is something I am looking into.

Thanks for responding, I appreciate it. Could you also look into Spartan charge by any chance? I have a couple of suggestions.

Make SC actually require a charge meter in a similar matter to the laser. You would hold the melee button and only be able to activate SC once the meter is full (releasing it beforehand only can either do nothing as the meter will reset, or it does a regular melee). You're also only given a second or so to activate it to reward timing (because giving it a charge requirement would be pointless if people could charge it around the corner indefinitely).

But reducing the aim assist, and making SC use up a thruster boost (because the Spartan uses thrusters when he uses SC) would suffice. Thanks again.

@@SMARTAN 427 I don't really care if the explosion is loud. The guys is already dead! Haha.

The only reason I mentioned it is because the NHE crew can't change the way the weapon behaves, but they have shown that they can remove sounds. I feel like that change alone, not giving yourself away the second you fire it, would give the weapon a chance at being useful. People wouldn't be alerted, they wouldn't change directions or avoid the area you're spamming. That's all the stealth you need.

Right. Good point.

However if we could change the actual behavior of a weapon I would definitely go further with my ricochet Needler idea.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well, here is a thread on Waypoint on balancing the BR, pistol, and AR. I'd suggest you ignore the pistol, as it's probably the worst suggestion.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/ar-br-pistol-how-we-can-make-all-three-greater/3ac819de-a287-4533-8e8d-aa7497500cd0/posts

I read that and while it did seem interesting, I would say that there would be too many minor detail changes between the behavior of scoped and unscoped firing to implement it exactly like that.

The fire rate change on the BR/DMR in the style of the H4 Light Rifle would be cool and honestly preferable IMO.

The AR though, I would change completely to function similar to the Gears of War Lancer. Making it burst-fire in scope sounds cool but then it removes the whole 'pace your shots for accuracy' thing that a bloom auto should have.

As for that awful Magnum, I still think that Reach did it really well. Less ammo and range than than the DMR with the same damage per shot but a much faster fire rate.

The problem with the Reach implementation of the Magnum was literally bloom itself. Yet when they removed bloom the Magnum actually became OP in MLG V7 settings.

I would take the Reach Magnum balance and concept and replace bloom with perfectly vertical recoil and pretty much be set.

The AR though, I would change completely to function similar to the Gears of War Lancer. Making it burst-fire in scope sounds cool but then it removes the whole 'pace your shots for accuracy' thing that a bloom auto should have.

As for that awful Magnum, I still think that Reach did it really well. Less ammo and range than than the DMR with the same damage per shot but a much faster fire rate.

The problem with the Reach implementation of the Magnum was literally bloom itself. Yet when they removed bloom the Magnum actually became OP in MLG V7 settings.

I would take the Reach Magnum balance and concept and replace bloom with perfectly vertical recoil and pretty much be set.

How does the GoW lancer function?

Don't you think that magnum is a little redundant to use alongside the DMR? I get the fire rate difference, but such a distinction doesn't seem like enough to pick up the pistol.