CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

What about guns where you lose the ability to throw grenades in exchange for an alt fire?

I actually was wondering about the opposite of this, although it probably wouldn't exactly work for Halo since it would remove part of the Golden Triangle:

A game similar to Halo except that Grenades are not specifically tied to their own button and instead every gun has some sort of alt-fire, which includes scope zooming.

Then in such a case you would have the basic auto let you use grenades normally as its alt-fire mode.

Something like this is how I would rework the AR in Halo although with some modifications to the concept.

If Halo 3 was on PC, the world would be in a better place. There would be no terrorism, cable would be cheaper, and Suicide Squad would have been good. But alas, here we are...

• Upvote (+1) 3

343 is developing it. Must play Halo 6 to access H3 file share. Only 10 maps for Forge and that doesn't include Foundry or Sandbox.

6 months later. 343: "I guess no one is playing Halo 3 on PC because they don't want to play classic Halo anymore."

No one is playing Halo 5 Forge

343-" Must not be a market for Halo on pc!"

Even though there was no marketing for it AT ALL, and the aiming is fucking awful, its worse than Halo 5 Xbox!

Once again, Halo 5 has an update and becomes significantly worse.

What about guns where you lose the ability to throw grenades in exchange for an alt fire?

I've had an idea of treating melee as an alt fire that only certain weapons get. I think grenades are too important to how Halo plays to just get rid of them.

How would you guys do the control scheme for a Halo game with alt fire weapons. I feel like alt fire NEEDS to be on LT or it's weird but then grenade would be on a bumper and then melee would be on RS and that's just ew. Ive always wondered how I'd do a control layout with that

How would you guys do the control scheme for a Halo game with alt fire weapons. I feel like alt fire NEEDS to be on LT or it's weird but then grenade would be on a bumper and then melee would be on RS and that's just ew. Ive always wondered how I'd do a control layout with that

Down on the d pad

Scope-in, or replacing melee on certain weapons.

Scope-in, or replacing melee on certain weapons.

So you'd be okay with alt fires being activated by RS? Would feel odd I'd think but I could remap my controls and try it out on doom

So you'd be okay with alt fires being activated by RS? Would feel odd I'd think but I could remap my controls and try it out on doom

I'd be cool with RS being alt fire... we shouldn't have so many weapons with zoom anyway.

Just treat RS like the zoom for precision weapons and the alt-fire toggle for everything that had it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If it works as a toggle like on the LR and Hydra. Not every weapon needs a zoom, and not every weapon needs an alt fire.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Right clic for alt fire

Omg Sarcastic Gamer. They were the kings of comedy back then. Thanks for reminding me about them. If anyone hasn't seen that video before, please watch it. It's literally a time portal to 2007.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'd just adapt 343's existing smart scope concept. Not every weapon needs a scope, so for those that don't simply have the zoom button act as a toggle between the fire modes on your weapon.

Alternatively a D-Pad button could work; treat the weapons like the Banshee has been since Reach in that each fire mode has a distinct reticle so rather than switching weapons with Y you'd switch functions of the equipped weapon with Up/Down etc.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Amazing how much room to grow there is with the guns in a shooter and yet they just cannot stop messing with the movement.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Some guy at 343 was like

"How else could we keep the Halo series fresh and prevent staleness?   Oooohhh I know, lets introduce a new aiming system."

@@SMARTAN 427 I don't really care if the explosion is loud. The guys is already dead! Haha.

The only reason I mentioned it is because the NHE crew can't change the way the weapon behaves, but they have shown that they can remove sounds. I feel like that change alone, not giving yourself away the second you fire it, would give the weapon a chance at being useful. People wouldn't be alerted, they wouldn't change directions or avoid the area you're spamming. That's all the stealth you need.

Anybody sitting on any cool ideas for niche weapons?

Not the most original stuff and most ideas are just ways to fix/enhance existing weapons, but anyways here we go:

• A revolver type weapon that functions similarly to the CE pistol as the primary fire.(projectile precision weapon with a fast 3sk). As a secondary fire, the user can charge up it (think H4 boltshot, but uses only half the ammo) and and fire them as a single, slower moving projectile that kills in one headshot or two body shots. Because it doesn't use all the ammo, it can be used as a self sustained noob-combo without the tracking.

• An SMG that does bonus headshot damage even against against shields. It would have perfect accuracy during the first two shots to encourage burst firing (similar to the AS VAL in BF3 if anyone remembers that). I forgot who it was, but a few days ago someone had the great idea of not giving bonus headshot damage after a certain amount of bloom is reached to lower the chance of accidental headshots during full-auto spraying

• A full auto projectile weapon with no spread and a very high rate of fire. The projectiles bounce off of walls/floors. idk if the bounced shots should track like the Scattershot or do bonus damage, but there would probably have to be some sort of bonus to make going for bounced shots viable.

• IIRC this already exists in H5 as a REQ plasma pistol variant (something with gravity), but a gun that traps players for a short amount of time could be interesting. Could also work as a grenade type like TF2's Gravity Star.

• The Static Rifle in DOOM is pretty interesting: A single shot slow RoF rifle that charges up energy when the user is moving and loses charge when standing still. Not sure how much damage this should do, but the concept is definitely unique.
  • Upvote (+1) 2