CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

i made a post about loving vibration on the Reach forums and all of the MM warriors told me to turn it off. 

I did and never looked back. it really throws off your aim because it's shaking your hands, which forces you to grip it tighter and divert tension from minute movements in your thumbs. You'll be better without it after you adjust. Of course, it helps to have a headset so you can hear when you're being shot.

It was honestly ruining my ability to enjoy this game. 26 games with vibration on I'm aiming like i'm playing Halo for the first time. And on the 27th game, Goat ripped out the motors. And he could hit shit again.

I agree, its hard for me to enjoy let alone play the game. I don't how ppl can do. Its the same with ppl who play not inverted vs inverted. Its actually Xbox1 fault because they should have an option to turn it off on the dashboard like the 360 did. Therefore I Sprint, Thruster AR and Repeat.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really can't comprehend the logic 343i used when deciding that you should be able to see who you are matched against. Everyone sees my friend(s) and I are "Pro or even Semi- Pro" ranking and just back out/dodge which breaks the lobby. I would like to think "Hey it's just the beta", but they also incorporated that into MCC.

Something that I haven't seen posted yet is damaging teammates. It's just another one of those little things that was in every Halo before this one, why has it changed? I don't want to damage my teammates, but say I'm trying to help one who's in a 1v1 close range battle, now you can just throw a nade in without fear whereas before I would try and kill the enemy without killing my teammate (i.e shooting him).

1. Sprint needs to be re-balanced. Honestly I feel like it has no place in the game and is just there. Its not necessary  and is a cause for bad map design.

2. Smart scope is really weird. The visuals are just not a halo style. This makes me think they want the game to look more like cod with the DMR/BR. also takes to lomg to scope in.

3. Make shooting a bit harder, less "auto aim"

4. Medals. TBH I like the perfect medal but dont like the fact that some guy shouts PERFECT everytime I get one. Its just a medal that doesnt need to be announced or you will hear it to often. Imagine if you heard assist everytime you got one. 

5. weapon balance. Honestly its pretty great only thing that needs to change is the AR. It wins to many long range gun fights and needs to just be nerfed in damage just a little bit. 

6. Maps have me worried. Will power weapons be editable? Can we move where they spawn on map. LIke empire has two snipes which maps map control less important(on that particular map) Its honesty just to small to have 2 snipes. Maybe rockets that spawn out side where snipe would spawn. Truth is honestly just horrbly designed IMO because of sprint. 

Currently I am semi pro ranked. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's these types of things that makes it hard to believe Halo 5 will ship without some basic shit missing that we took for granted a decade ago. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is just my opinion:

1588n6v.jpg

Sprint

Please take this out of the game, it doesn't add anything fun to the gameplay, the only thing it adds is getting yourself out of a situation you should be punished for.

Thruster

This is brilliant, I like the edition of this, adds a lot of skill to 1v1 battles.

Sniper

I find the sniper relatively easy to use, I'm currently sat with Snipe as my most used weapon with 101 kills, 80 headshots and a hit accuracy of 52%, maybe lower the auto aim when scoped in?, I also feel as tho the 1st zoom scopes in further than previous halo titles?.

AR

Something needs to happen with this, I've been killed across map a number of times, also the bullet spread seems to be very random for me, I lose a lot of 1v1 fights which I had the first few shots.

BR
Feels good.

DMR

Feels good, but could be better.

Magum

The recoil is a bit much.

Grenades

I feel as tho these need toning down a bit, I find it way too easy to just spam grenades and get a few easy kills.

Ranking

This doesn't even work, you don;t match other ranks, you get bad team mates.... you should match players in your rank or a rank higher/lower.

In game stats, I'm not a fan of. I would rather all this is tracked on a website, it brings out the try hard in me that 'stat whores' I just want to play and win.

Sword

Too Bright, You move too fast, it's just way way too over powered.

Ground Pound

Useless, it gets me killed more often than not because of the bumper jumper layout (When I jump I sometimes hit LS and that activates ground pound).

Overall, I'm not really enjoying this beta, I hope a lot changes

It's really annoying that people can still sprint away from danger without planning ahead first and you can't chase them because they have teammates.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sprint still does not work in a team setting. With how slow each of the weapons kill, it's impossible to stop someone from running away back to their team for protection.

It hasn't been nerfed enough, and likely will never be nerfed enough to where it will work in Halo.

Screen-shot-2011-10-28-at-10.24.49-AM.pn

Send that clip to anyone who doesn’t understand what kind of gameplay sprint entails. 

Beyond should make a thread that consist of nothing but cheap sprint escapes. If that doesn't get the point across then what will? Seeing is believing. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Screen-shot-2011-10-28-at-10.24.49-AM.pn

Send that clip to anyone who doesn’t understand what kind of gameplay sprint entails. 

and the sprint lovers will reply, "He should have just aimed better or called him out to his teammates!"

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sorry for the over exaggerations and/or negativity (but hey it's the internet right?)

It's now clear to me that we don't have Halo anymore, even the music isn't the same. After CoD4 I guess it was decided that CoD is the status quo for shooters and everyone needs to follow it. That's how the guns feel, the audio of your teammates calling out nades and the game already having a timer for you is whack. Cut that shit out, communication between players will let the player know when Sniper spawns again. The falcon punches, & jet packin' etc. are trash. The maps are way too big (or the gameplay is slow), and I feel like a intelligent person for coming up with the idea of making the player faster if they are so hell bent on shoving spring down our throats.

I like the scoreboard when you check for stats, the game looks smooth, shoots register online, not regaining health instantly is awesome. We just want Halo back man not a CoD in space though. Guess I've grown up because after the MCC release my expectations are so low. Sorry for the randomness of my post, I'll explain more later.

and the sprint lovers will reply, "He should have just aimed better or called him out to his teammates!"

I was calling out to my teammates but the guy could go past 3 call out positions before i could even finish a sentence. It was rough..

• Upvote (+1) 2

What is the best, most well laid-out and comprehensive discussion of sprint? There are a lot of smaller posts that discuss the problems, but I would like a long and well-argued post to refer to. Do any of you know something like that? 

That was so frustrating to watch

Happens to me almost every game. More frustrating than armor lock. 

I'm having fun with the beta so far.

The game is more or less what I'd expected.

The good is that Halo 5 is fast, crisp, accurate, fresh, and is focused on competitive players in terms of presentation.

The bad is in the details. Chatter, medals, announcer, DMR scope, flinch, recoil, AR strength, hover, easy sniper, sprint, menu music, menu AI, and other things.

I think the game will alienate plenty of older Halo fans, but still end up being a decent competitive experience. How many of the flaws 343 fixes will end up telling the story of the game for me.

I second this for the most part, I'll play H5 fa sho

Is the time between multikills longer in H5G beta? Been watching streams and there are surprisingly many moments where I believe kills sholdn't have been counted as multikills. It seems a lot longer than 4 seconds sometimes. Can someone confirm? (Haven't played it yet, waiting for BR starts) I've experienced something similar in H2A so could be because of frame rate or something?