CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Didn't 343i take a "poll" as well saying only 11% wanted no sprint? :thinking:

Yep, Josh Holmes said that “The results from the HCFP surveys showed that nearly 11% of HCFP participants felt that Halo should not have sprint,”.

The problem was he didn't divulge what the other percentages were since there were other anti-sprint options in that question. I don't really remember what the questions said though.

First game today, wanted to play some more Proving Grounds and get into Diamond. 

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/arena/matches/fd1d4773-d3a1-411b-859e-1e59122b9dc1/players/l%20jinxed%20i?gameHistoryMatchIndex=0&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All

My man, how is this enjoyable haha. Platinum is so frustrating. I feel dirty for using the AR as much as I did, I've been playing a lot of Destiny lately and my shot was so shaky. 

Didn't 343i take a "poll" as well saying only 11% wanted no sprint? :thinking:

Yeah I would have loved to see that poll in 2010 before Reach released. Asking the remaining Halo community if the series should have Sprint in 2015 is a prime example of the echo chamber that 343 refuses to step out of.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'm onyyx 1700-1900 in Arena, Slayer, and doubles

Gave me plat 5 in proving grounds

It's a playlist with no previous MMR to go off after tweaks were made to stop people getting into Onyx so easily.

Sounds fine to me.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm onyyx 1700-1900 in Arena, Slayer, and doubles

Gave me plat 5 in proving grounds

That's pretty good with how MM works in Proving Grounds.

I haven't ranked because I don't care enough about the game to get my a*hole ripped open on expanded servers.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Proving grounds is where you match teams of 4 and get crushed

That's just matchmaking, period.

• Upvote (+1) 3

That's just matchmaking, period.

Yup, kills my experience everytime I get back into halo 5

Yeah I had 4 games of proving grounds , I was all excited to test it but then proceeded to get my shit pushed in voilently. Checked waypoint after and was playing full teams of guys who previously ranked champ in Arena and slayer. Ive been hesitant to go back in and finish my placements.

Menke really needs to hurry the fuck up with his solution to party matching. I'm sure he's working as hard as he can, but the end to this nonsense matchmaking can't come soon enough.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Menke really needs to hurry the fuck up with his solution to party matching. I'm sure he's working as hard as he can, but the end to this nonsense matchmaking can't come soon enough.

I may be wrong but didnt he say that there will be no exclusive party v party matching in H5 at this stage in its lifecycle. As i remember it, the current solution is to match randoms with teams that have approx 500csr less on average.  No idea if or when it has been implemented though. 

I may be wrong but didnt he say that there will be no exclusive party v party matching in H5 at this stage in its lifecycle. As i remember it, the current solution is to match randoms with teams that have approx 500csr less on average. No idea if or when it has been implemented though.

Yeah, I'm not sure if 500 was just an example or the actually number he'll use,But he says he can figure out, statistically, how much better a team based on party size, and use that to find even matches. This could mean the party will get matched up against a similarly configured party OR matched against soloqers that are so good, the party advantage is cancelled out.

Yeah, I'm not sure if 500 was just an example or the actually number he'll use,But he says he can figure out, statistically, how much better a team based on party size, and use that to find even matches. This could mean the party will get matched up against a similarly configured party OR matched against soloqers that are so good, the party advantage is cancelled out.

I think you are right, the numbers were likely only an example but the principle is the same.

Wow that's actually a pretty good idea

Anybody sitting on any cool ideas for niche weapons?

Gun that doesn't even do damage. Just pushes things around. Could be used for jumping high, pushing yourself off walls to strafe, "nading" weapons, pushing enemies away, redirecting or blowing back things like brute shot or rocket projectiles, blah blah

• Upvote (+1) 9

Wow that's actually a pretty good idea

Yeah I think it's sounds like a pretty good solution to limiting the blowouts without lengthening the matchmaking process.

I placed Diamond 3 in Proving Grounds that must mean I'm pro now right?

You were probably using STBY or just butter-knifing the disk for DLC maps only.  We know better. ;)