CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I love not being seen. Holy shit. I'm never playing Team Arena again until they add this new radar.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think it's a valid argument when used properly. Obviously there is no denying the older Halos had advantages over the current ones but when people look back at Halo 3 and say it was perfect, that's pure nostalgia talking.

Maybe some people actually think it was perfect.

Mass effect 1 is my favourite game of all time. People point out a lot of "flaws" and while I see thier point, I wouldn't personally change anything.

Same reason people call thier spouse/SO "perfect".

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder after all.

Evolution=adding shit from other games apparently

I'm seeing way too much of that in Waypoint. They don't realize how much that logic kicks them in the balls in the end, full of endless contradictions.

Exactly. People point to new additions like sprint and AA's and claim that's it's evolving the game and it's healthy for the series. Oh really? Is that why the population and general awareness of our franchise have been in the toilet since 2011? There's just zero thought out into this argument, and I cant help but wonder if any of them started on a Halo before Reach.

So their plan is to take an insanely popular franchise that's showing no signs of decline whatsoever, and then start changing and adding shit to make it play more like other games? Why would you not want it to stick to what makes it good and stay unique? Ohhhh, because you haven't really played that version of the game, and you have no idea what you're talking about, but still want to spout off like you do...okay, got it Reddit and Waypoint.

It's so baffling.

343 was handed the keys to an ip in the booming, exploding fps market. This product was not only a market leader in a booming industry but it also occupied it's own unique sub niche within said market. That is the holy grail.

And then they gave it up. They gave away the holy grail so they could move over to the incredibly over saturated section of the market

And then they have the audacity to blame competition for the decline of thier product.

HELLO.

YOU were the ones who put yourselves into direct competition with those other games.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Oh really? Is that why the population and general awareness of our franchise have been in the toilet since 2011?

Ohhhh, because you haven't really played that version of the game, and you have no idea what you're talking about, but still want to spout off like you do...okay, got it Reddit and Waypoint.

Nahh, man. The original Halos didn't have any competition like the current ones have which is why the population dropped and the competitive crowd killed H5 by making it too competitive. /Waypoint

• Upvote (+1) 1

I love not being seen. Holy shit. I'm never playing Team Arena again until they add this new radar.

It'll probably be like every other thing they put in a "test" playlist. Put the playlist out for a month or few weeks to test changes, then don't actually implement any changes.

I think it's a valid argument when used properly. Obviously there is no denying the older Halos had advantages over the current ones but when people look back at Halo 3 and say it was perfect, that's pure nostalgia talking.

Agreed.  I recently played the team slayer playlist in MCC for a couple hours.  Played each Halo experience several times.   

It was easy for me to see:

CE >                     H2 >      H3 >                   all the other Halo cancer.  

There's no nostalgia about it.  Just direct comparison between multiple Halo experiences in a 2 hour window.  

• Upvote (+1) 3

I used to be accepting of all the new stuff. I used to make excuses on why sprint is fine, or spartan charge. But after really studying all the halos. We need classic more than ever. Imagine a classic halo in an age where everything is similar. Look at bf1 for example, changed the perception on that franchise for the better.

Now I wont be fully happy with a halo until all the gimmicky stuff is gone. Thrust is fine though, adds another healthy layer to combat.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I used to be accepting of all the new stuff. I used to make excuses on why sprint is fine, or spartan charge. But after really studying all the halos. We need classic more than ever. Imagine a classic halo in an age where everything is similar. Look at bf1 for example, changed the perception on that franchise for the better.

Now I wont be fully happy with a halo until all the gimmicky stuff is gone. Thrust is fine though, adds another healthy layer to combat.

Welcome to the light and thrust won't be fine until we're able to shoot our weapon during. Then it can be taken seriously.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Welcome to the light and thrust won't be fine until we're able to shoot our weapon during. Then it can be taken seriously.

Hopefully that change happens, what do tou think of ground pound with no aim assist?

Hopefully that change happens, what do tou think of ground pound with no aim assist?

I view it as "do it at your own risk"; its more risky than useful.  Kinda of like an animated assassination.  I don't really have beef with GP.  

Sprint, Clamber, and Spartan charge need to GET THE FUCK OUT though.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Go into custom settings and decrease thrust distance to 50% and make the cooldown 2x as fast. Makes it primarily a strafing tool/midair control and you're not sitting there the entire fight mashing the thrust button waiting for it to come up.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Is it just me or does this game get worse by the day ? seems Im having to dashboard and restart at least 2-3 times every time I play, either beng stuck waiting to connect to a lobby or like the black screen im stuck with right now waiting to go into a game.

Is it just me or does this game get worse by the day ? seems Im having to dashboard and restart at least 2-3 times every time I play, either beng stuck waiting to connect to a lobby or like the black screen im stuck with right now waiting to go into a game.

Hard reset your xbox

Hard reset your xbox

Already did be other day, still have same issue. Think i might re-install see if that does anything

@@MultiLockOn I remember making and showing Smartan those exact settings in custom games ages ago, I compared it to how the Titan worked in Titanfall 1, like more of a sidestep/dodge mechanic instead of an outright "Press thrust to get out of jail free", I much prefer it over what we have at the moment, the only thing I would change is maybe extend the range on the forward thrust a tiny bit so it doesn't feel so awkward.

The biggest problem with thrust is that it is you best option 100% of the time to escape a shitty situation you put yourself in.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't feel like crouch was ever really a inherently useful mechanic, strategically

It was artificially given utility by making it the only way to stay off radar. And there's absolutely nothing skillful about it

Crouch really should be about dodging shots and getting behind cover. It also adds some stability to some guns.

I mean, crouch really isn't skillful, and is mostly only useful for crouch-strafing and the occasional crouch jump anymore. 

I didn't mean that I didn't like the change, I fully understand the purpose and it'll definitely be better for competitive. But for me, its going to be a major change for me to adapt to players moving so fast while staying off radar, because I relied on it too much