CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I don't think I've ever looked at the off topic thread here, I should change that

Russian Artic Research base

So all i really want to do is play the proving grounds playlist.

But i made the mistake of buying The Witcher for my wife when she was sick a few days ago..... so she is hogging the xbox and here i am playing overwatch instead

Speaking of....

The Witcher is a gigantic game with an incredible amount of music, audio dialog, sound effects, unique characters and textures and the gameworld itself is fucking gigantic and looks good too.  Its only 36GB.  Halo is 100.  wtf?

• Upvote (+1) 8

But i made the mistake of buying The Witcher for my wife when she was sick a few days ago..... so she is hogging the xbox and here i am playing overwatch instead

Speaking of....

The Witcher is a gigantic game with an incredible amount of music, audio dialog, sound effects, unique characters and textures and the gameworld itself is fucking gigantic and looks good too. Its only 36GB. Halo is 100. wtf?

I think this same thing every day

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think this same thing every day

Even with both expansions I think Witcher 3 is still only around 60GB, Which is incredible considering that B&W could easily be its own game.

1 Difference. Good Developers. 

Speaking of....

The Witcher is a gigantic game with an incredible amount of music, audio dialog, sound effects, unique characters and textures and the gameworld itself is fucking gigantic and looks good too.  Its only 36GB.  Halo is 100.  wtf?

• Upvote (+1) 4

I don't think I've ever looked at the off topic thread here, I should change that

I think he was referring to the HCS thread. ;)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Speaking of....

Much better use of time too, playing the Witcher 3.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Those uncompressed files drive the game size through the roof lol. I have the witcher 3 off ebay for $10. Still haven't played more than an hour 

I just played overgrowth strongholds in the new playlist. I got maybe 5-8 grenade launcher kills and on the score board it shows that I got 0 power weapon kills. I went to theatre and found it showed the needled as a power weapon as some people had power weapon kills. Possible bug or something. Anyone else notice this

I just played overgrowth strongholds in the new playlist. I got maybe 5-8 grenade launcher kills and on the score board it shows that I got 0 power weapon kills. I went to theatre and found it showed the needled as a power weapon as some people had power weapon kills. Possible bug or something. Anyone else notice this

Just used it and it didn't show up as a power weapon kill either

So this new radar definitely needs to stay- but it probably needs to be in the competitive playlist only

Ive seen a number of casuals who actually went in with an open mind, And came out enjoying the new freedom.

But most either felt like it "made crouch useless", empowered cheap kills (oh the irony) , or simply stayed too far away from the halo experience they've come to enjoy. And you know what they say, the e customer is always right (even if they are wrong)

I even saw one guy say he understands why this change is good as its more rewarding for skill and awareness, and he's happy that more competitive players might get this option, but he doesn't feel like bothering with that. He just wants to play like he's been playing. Fair enough.

For the sake of not alienating the few core players we have left, i think after world's, team arena should keep the existing radar and get all of the other objective gametypes back (essentially making it a ranked team skirmish).

And they should make another playlist called Champion's Arena or something. It should only have hcs gametypes and the new radar. It should also have much higher payouts so that core users can be rewarded for stepping out of their comfort zones- keeping the playlists population high.

One other thing ive noticed is their are a number of casuals who agree that autos are OP and they are using this playtest as further evidence. They mention that with the mag, they can't outplay a person who spotted them first so everyone ends up running with ARs. Its long past time to nerf autos. Hell just remove all magnetism from them.

• Upvote (+1) 6

So this new radar definitely needs to stay- but it probably needs to be in the competitive playlist only

Ive seen a number of casuals who actually went in with an open mind, And came out enjoying the new freedom.

But most either felt like it "made crouch useless", empowered cheap kills (oh the irony) , or simply stayed too far away from the halo experience they've come to enjoy. And you know what they say, the e customer is always right (even if they are wrong)

I even saw one guy say he understands why this change is good as its more rewarding for skill and awareness, and he's happy that more competitive players might get this option, but he doesn't feel like bothering with that. He just wants to play like he's been playing. Fair enough.

For the sake of not alienating the few core players we have left, i think after world's, team arena should keep the existing radar and get all of the other objective gametypes back (essentially making it a ranked team skirmish).

And they should make another playlist called Champion's Arena or something. It should only have hcs gametypes and the new radar. It should also have much higher payouts so that core users can be rewarded for stepping out of their comfort zones- keeping the playlists population high.

One other thing ive noticed is their are a number of casuals who agree that autos are OP and they are using this playtest as further evidence. They mention that with the mag, they can't outplay a person who spotted them first so everyone ends up running with ARs. Its long past time to nerf autos. Hell just remove all magnetism from them.

what about ffa and slayer with the new radar change?

If they do anything H3A wise, I really hope that they have a projectile BR that actually shoots straight. I think I would be obsessed with that. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

what about ffa and slayer with the new radar change?

Personally i think ffa SHOULD have it too, because that mode is also a feature of halo esports. I think it would be a fairly easy pill to swallow if there was a rumble pit playlist in social to coincide with the change.

Slayer I'm torn on. The gametype definitely needs it (badly) - but Slayer with radar has always been the most popular ranked playlist among casual-core users. I think changing the radar here would cause more negative blowback than anywhere else. I think simply putting the competitively viable slayer maps in the Champion's Arena playlist (while keeping Team slayer as is) would be the compromise that keeps most of the playerbase satisfied.

Empire slayer is trash and doesn't deserve another shit. Especially with powerups.

I really do love mercy and overgrowth strongholds over empire too. Same with the new torque map over fathom.

Anyone else hate the rank resets ? Its like the game goes to utter shit and then forces you to grind to obtain a rank you were already comfortable at.

Anyone else hate the rank resets ? Its like the game goes to utter shit and then forces you to grind to obtain a rank you were already comfortable at.

I think its placebo because when your ranks reset your MMR does not.

Your rank doesnt influence who you are matching up against. Its merely an overlay to your MMR with some additional filtration meant to drive you to play more.

People get bent out of shape when they see that they are matching against someone with a higher/lower rank when really that person's csr hasn't caught up to their MMR.

I think the issues with mm continue to be party sizes

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have to ask, what can I do with my settings to best mitigate H5's horrible aiming? I can never find a setting to settle on. It never feels right

Press the dashboard button

Press start

Scroll down to quit

Prest A

Problem solved

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1