CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I think this new radar should be put into the HCS settings ASAP. After playing a bit I sprint a lot less, sometimes to my detriment, but I also feel free to make a smart flank, push, or to just double back a lot more. Feels good to do what I want to do again. Knowing when you should sprint is a lot more of a skill with these settings now too.

you say that like its obvious or something

:kappa: 

• Upvote (+1) 2

you say that like its obvious or something

:kappa:

I feel like that is a legit question though.. It comes down to the Universal settings debate. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

No radar in esports shouldn't even be a surprise.

I can understand when it comes to auto's though.  Just design them in a way that works for esports.  Hate to be that guy again, but Quake had auto design down fine.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Ya I see you point. All these brand new games are taking up all the population. CS go, GTA, bf, COD.

So nice to see, fresh, new faces.

GTA 5 has sold double what GTA 4 managed and actually has a proper multiplayer component.

No radar in esports shouldn't even be a surprise.

I can understand when it comes to auto's though.  Just design them in a way that works for esports.  Hate to be that guy again, but Quake had auto design down fine.

i honestly dont think the problem is autos, but their ease of use and insane presence on the map. pistol only starts with some ar pickups would be a great start and then make any changes from there

i honestly dont think the problem is autos, but their ease of use

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I don't really know how to correct you.

Actually "Auto's aren't the problem but they are" is what you essentially posted.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Until they drop the AR as a starting weopon autos will always be a problem in ranked.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Titanfall, overwatch, ftp mobas oh wait...

TF 1 and 2 have flopped incredibly hard in terms of population, worse than H4 and 5. OW isn't that popular on console and even on PC I don't see the game lasting too long with how little content there is and how slow they are at adding new content (opinion I know).

What FTP MOBAS are there besides LoL and DOTA2? Last time I checked these two dominated the genre.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Until they drop the AR as a starting weopon autos will always be a problem in ranked.

I'd rather they limit ar ammo to one mag per spawn
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Even with better radar, this game plays like a heaping pile of shit. Fucking aim system, fucking 4 mans, fucking upgrade based sandbox.

Just, someone please bash my skull in with my Xbox. Just please. I'm begging you.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Actually "Auto's aren't the problem but they are" is what you essentially posted.

He's saying autos aren't inherently bad. the way they are balanced in this game is bad.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Nerf autos, fix problem

Nerf autos, fix problem

See even Tarzan knows :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Titanfall, overwatch, ftp mobas oh wait...

And yet all these other franchises that have stayed true to thier roots are still massively popular.

The only behemoth franchises that have seen thier popularity nosedive are halo and to a lesser extent COD. Both changed thier gameplay.

I guarantee you if CS had added thrust, wall running and post game dance offs to "keep up with the times" nobody would play it.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I'd rather they limit ar ammo to one mag per spawn

With so many maps that have silenced ARs and other miscellaneous autos, this is the best solution.

The r6 and BF entries today are stronger same more popular than their h3 era counterparts.

That's part of what people mean when they say the there is more competition. Its not just the number of franchises, but the quality.

Bad Company 2 was an outstanding game, but back then BF was overshadowed by CoD.

Halo got stale and CoD took off

CoD got stale and BF took off.

I think that's what we're seeing here. Not so much that Vegas and Bad Company werent up to par, bc they were excellent games.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Everyone pitch me your best cod zombie map idea for no particular reason okay go

Derelict with zombies

• Upvote (+1) 2

Everyone pitch me your best cod zombie map idea for no particular reason okay go

Just remake Der Riese again.

Ew

Ew

Don't have a shitty ending after four games of build up too.