CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Sasori Z
MM
Virginia!

Pro Tier. 1890 something and going up. Kind of looking for other Pro Tiers only :-/ High-Semi's welcome as well. If you are about WINNING, dont be afraid to add. Most of y'all have either seen me on, played against me, or know me from a prior Halo lol so just send the request and let's get it in! :-)  

(If I am already running with 4 I'll let you know, I wont ignore ya)

Why do I remember them saying the beta will have 7 maps and multiple modes? Could have swore they said that. 

There was an update? Anyone know what for? 

It was supposed to improve dedicated servers but broke mm completely for me. Still not finding a single game. It is so frustrating that these idiots from 343 cant do anything right. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why do I remember them saying the beta will have 7 maps and multiple modes? Could have swore they said that. 

They are bringing out more maps and modes over the coming weeks, so that we can test out specific things. But I have a feeling that they are doing it so we just don't get bored as quickly. lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pretty sure they come out like week 2 or 3

They are bringing out more maps and modes over the coming weeks, so that we can test out specific things. But I have a feeling that they are doing it so we just don't get bored as quickly. lol

Yea, they better hurry, I'm already bored with it. BR starts should make it a lot better but nowhere near where it should be. 

Okay fuck it I like spartan chatter.

"nice head shots"

ME: why thank you.

"took His head clean off"

Me: I know right?

It's just a silly little thing Tbh, should be able too turn off in full game if you want too.

I don't like that you like spartan chatter.

u see how silly that is?

That's the UT announcer

The UT announcer is the Monster Truck Rally guy

The Quake announcer says Mortal Kombat stuff

@@Batchford

Holy shit is in both UT and Quake. ;)

Q3, pretty sure!

Edit:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Two maps currently in play now

Two new maps in Slayer tomorrow

Two more in Breakout tomorrow

One new Forge map eventually

Breakout tomorrow and Strongholds Week 3

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Batchford

Q3, pretty sure!

Edit:

I used to love hearing these playing CSS, I liked the "wicked sick" one the most.

@@Batchford

Q3, pretty sure!

Edit:

I've only had the announcer say this a couple of times in my entire time playing. I don't know if there are multiple ways to get him to say it, but every time I ever heard it was from railing the flag carrier who extremely close to scoring.

Edit: deleted.

The SMG is the king of close quarters. Unless you have a sword you are dead.

Haven't had any framerate issues here. Is it every time you pick up a sniper?

Sorry didn't reply earlier, had to test my findings.

I'm finding that framerate is especially prevalent in the Sniper, but not limited to it. Framerate is a problem for me when there are multiple explosions while getting shot. It might be due to the flinch bug combined with grenades? 

Halo 4 and Halo 2 Anniversary still suck on four player split screen. Heck, Halo 4 alone struggles to keep 60fps on a single screen.

4 player split screen?? H2A lags at 2 player, and I'd be surprised if H5 ran consistent 60 FPS on one POV.

I'll agree that on LIVE they do, but in local custom games they're fine. Plus I'd rather have the framerate drop than not have 4 player at all.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Sorry didn't reply earlier, had to test my findings.

I'm finding that framerate is especially prevalent in the Sniper, but not limited to it. Framerate is a problem for me when there are multiple explosions while getting shot. It might be due to the flinch bug combined with grenades? 

Sounds to me like the game isn't fully optimized.(which is fully understandable, it's an early beta, or the Xbox can't handle the graphics.

The optimization part happened to me with CoDWaW back in the day, and most recently with BF4. My PC can run most modern games at max setting, but BF4 was lagging badly no matter what graphical settings/resolution I used. Some of the newer patches fixed it for me though,

They can't even get one screen without frame rate issues, why do you want four

Because I grew up with the memories of playing halo with friends. Surely it's not hard to make it so that once you splitscreen, the game sacrifices graphical detail to keep it smooth. Similar to reach's splitscreen but don't make things dissapear At a distance like in that game.

Because I grew up with the memories of playing halo with friends. Surely it's not hard to make it so that once you splitscreen, the game sacrifices graphical detail to keep it smooth. Similar to reach's splitscreen but don't make things dissapear At a distance like in that game.

H2A struggles to maintain 60fps on shrine with one screen. While I haven't noticed much in the way of FPS drops in the beta. I doubt 4 player split screen is possible, especially on the larger maps. 

i think the fact that i still get match with bk's is the worst thing about the beta. the last 3 games i carried my team with double digit kill/death spread and we still lost because johny two thumbs decides to go 1 and 20. i know, sprint needs to go but jesus christ ranks need to work. fix those two and this game is golden

i made a post about loving vibration on the Reach forums and all of the MM warriors told me to turn it off.

I did and never looked back. it really throws off your aim because it's shaking your hands, which forces you to grip it tighter and divert tension from minute movements in your thumbs. You'll be better without it after you adjust. Of course, it helps to have a headset so you can hear when you're being shot.

It was honestly ruining my ability to enjoy this game. 26 games with vibration on I'm aiming like i'm playing Halo for the first time. And on the 27th game, Goat ripped out the motors. And he could hit shit again.

Now that you nodded your hardware for a distinct advantage (woot! You can aim now) playing against you won't be fair.

Just saying...