CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Ya know what. I'll get a Halo tattoo as well if H6 doesn't have sprint.

Lol I've been meaning to get one anyways. Just a simple Halo Ring. No text or numerals. I figure the game has been one of the biggest parts of my life for 15 years now with no end in sight, and I actually like the ring logo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lol I've been meaning to get one anyways. Just a simple Halo Ring. No text or numerals. I figure the game has been one of the biggest parts of my life for 15 years now with no end in sight, and I actually like the ring logo.

I wanna get the koth symbol somewhere because it looks cool and it's subtle

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/halo/images/b/b4/King_of_the_Hill_Icon.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20061102212553

• Upvote (+1) 1

Two people at the Shadowrun LAN had Teleport tattoos that I thought were pretty cool. I don't know if I can find an isolated pic of the symbol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/i8rLHAFkVDM/maxresdefault.jpg

Top left, for those curious. I like the logo but you know melvins are gonna be like "You do realize that your Triforce tattoo is incorrect..."

I believe the one dude's was literally that and the others was very similar but had those curves for the inner circle extend past the tri-force, similar to one of those hazmat symbols. I'm gonna have him send me a pic.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not until Destiny dies off lol

Their (old) contract said 5% of their workforce could work on a different game. They have 800-1,000 people. Didn't ~50ish people make ODST?

Their (old) contract said 5% of their workforce could work on a different game. They have 800-1,000 people. Didn't ~50ish people make ODST?

I highly doubt once Destiny 2 ships that all 800-1000 people will still be working there. Nor do I think Activision will let them take away team members to remake a game not many people really care about and has little chance of selling well compared to the Destiny behemoth. 

I was hoping some of Menke's updates would've been in this maintenance update as well. Oh, well. Are the BTB frame rate issues getting fixed? I saw that it said they're fixing some forge performance issues. 

I don't have hope that sprint is getting removed in H6. 343 has been preaching that H5 is one of the most competitive games and that's with sprint in the game. I don't see that mindset changing.

I don't have hope that sprint is getting removed in H6. 343 has been preaching that H5 is one of the most competitive games and that's with sprint in the game. I don't see that mindset changing.

Either do I, I'm fully expecting to just laugh at the next Halo.  The only way that there is a chance that I buy Halo 6 is that sprint is removed.  343 need to wake up, give us the Halo experience.  

People always say "it's looking better now they are doing x"... no it's not.  This is what they always do before they are about to try and sell us something.  They try and change the attitude of online discussion by making us not being able to talk about what has happened before by focusing on the next product.  It's always "we are looking to the future", "I'm excited about the future of Halo", "I'm very excited about the direction we are heading", "we get it", mixed with some hint that they are focusing on what this group of players want (competitive Halo).  They are extremely good at it. 

@@Neighbor is here only because he has been told to be here.  Just like Josh Holmes and Ghost he will disappear once the next Halo FPS is released.  People have to stop falling for what 343 say in the build up to launch and focus on what they actually do.  Look at the product and don't extrapolate too much from the information they drip feed us.  Always remember this is the company that created Halo 4 and the MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'll be honest, I'm just surprised Halo 5 got an update in the first place lol.

That being said, I was pretty much thinking the same thing Lemon just said when I was reading the past few pages. 

We all got overly optimistic when they announced the "pro team" and started hiring multiple Halo pros to help give feedback on the game. And well... We got Halo 5.

So there's that.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Either do I, I'm fully expecting to just laugh at the next Halo. The only way that there is a chance that I buy Halo 6 is that sprint is removed. 343 need to wake up, give us the Halo experience.

People always say "it's looking better now they are doing x"... no it's not. This is what they always do before they are about to try and sell us something. They try and change the attitude of online discussion by making us not being able to talk about what has happened before by focusing on the next product. It's always "we are looking to the future", "I'm excited about the future of Halo", "I'm very excited about the direction we are heading", "we get it", mixed with some hint that they are focusing on what this group of players want (competitive Halo). They are extremely good at it.

@@Neighbor is here only because he has been told to be here. Just like Josh Holmes and Ghost he will disappear once the next Halo FPS is released. People have to stop falling for what 343 say in the build up to launch and focus on what they actually do. Look at the product and don't extrapolate too much from the information they drip feed us. Always remember this is the company that created Halo 4 and the MCC.

Ya. This is the 343 cycle. Fool me once, twice, thrice,...but not 4 times!

If halo 6 is an actual halo game I'm interested. Otherwise there are other games worth my time and money. Hell there are even tons of sprint, ads, thrust, slide games that are more worthy.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wait did they really increase radar range? lol.

I had that thought as well at first but given the context of the changes I think it actually makes sense. If the goal of the radar is to allow movement and hamper abilities at the same time then expanding the radar will make it harder to sprint around, the 18m radar wouldn't do much to counter high speed movement in that sense. You could imagine if everyone had 100m radars then you basically couldn't sprint ever.

Granted removing radar altogether is the best way to go about it regardless

• Upvote (+1) 1

I had that thought as well at first but given the context of the changes I think it actually makes sense. If the goal of the radar is to allow movement and hamper abilities at the same time then expanding the radar will make it harder to sprint around, the 18m radar wouldn't do much to counter high speed movement in that sense. You could imagine if everyone had 100m radars then you basically couldn't sprint ever.

Granted removing radar altogether is the best way to go about it regardless

I don't see how increasing it makes sense in any context. Tracking movement directly is bad period. Players sprint a lot - whether it be to get into position or go for a flank. Increasing it to 25m only makes it harder to move freely.. unless 343 really expects players to walk everywhere on sprint-sized maps.

It's an improvement over tracking base speed I guess.. but the range increase was completely unnecessary.

I don't see how increasing it makes sense in any context. Tracking movement directly is bad period. Players sprint a lot - whether it be to get into position or go for a flank. Increasing it to 25m only makes it harder to move freely.. unless 343 really expects players to walk everywhere on sprint-sized maps.

It's an improvement over tracking base speed I guess.. but the range increase was completely unnecessary.

Well yeah it seems like the goal is to kill Spartan ability movement. Of course I agree no radar would be best for movement altogether but if you don't want people sprinting around then sure, give everyone a 100000m sprint radar, just have people walk the whole time

Can we get a BTB lobby going right now? Anyone. Please.

Message me on XBL: Hard VVay.

Beast, Kelly, Nick, Nick, Apollo, Tryhard...Sko

Can we get a BTB lobby going right now? Anyone. Please.

Message me on XBL: Hard VVay.

Beast, Kelly, Nick, Nick, Apollo, Tryhard...Sko

Got work in like 40 minutes so no can do

Got work in like 40 minutes so no can do

Yeah and @@Hard Way I am currently AT work so I am unavailable as well.

I would be down to host an Evolved lobby tonight as well though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Recon DMR/Gunfighter starts, 120 % strafe accel, spartan charge and no radar is the most fun I've had in H5 style gameplay.

Strafe increase mitigates the magnetism, the DMR mitigates the ******** aiming and the horrible white reticule duels.