CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

What's this "bug" that's not really a bug but could still be a bug?

Icarus armour not showing thruster effects and having a silenced stabilizer noise with a lower sounding ground pound noise.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There are better Halo settings and it's called Quake.

Halo will always be bad until they double the default movement and bring back health and fall damage. Fuck recharging shields and slow kill times with defensive abilities.

Woaaaa

Recharging shields have always been in the game, you're saying get rid of that?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Woaaaa

And who said that fall damage and health packs suddenly make up for a skillful halo game? That's just the cherry on top.

Default Halo3 also had less damage and slower movement speed than MLG , MLG had more damage so that you only needed 11 BR bullets instead of 12 to mitigate a litle the random spread.

Thank you for this exclusive info that nobody ever knew before.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The armor was missing markers when shipped (not sure how that was missed). Fix is coming soon. 

In this context, what is "markers" referring to? 

Related PSA: Always upvote real answers 

There are better Halo settings and it's called Quake. 

Halo will always be bad until they double the default movement and bring back health and fall damage. Fuck recharging shields and slow kill times with defensive abilities. 

Yeah, no.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's where we place the effects on the armor. For example, the reason why you cannot see the secondary weapon on the back of the biped is because the marker was not placed at the proper location. This created the bug. Real simple fix, an accidental mess up on our end. 

Interesting, thanks for the information. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Woaaaa

Ever since Halo 1, we have lost 

Health

Fall Damage

Fast kill times

Powerful grenades

Responsive strafe

And we have gained 

Defensive abilities 

All that means is people are no longer punished for playing like idiots or camping. Small team Halo blows chunks.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Go ahead and neg me instead of use your own goddamn brains and think for yourself. There's a reason Quake kids used to shit on Halo and it has finally dawned on me how awful this game is. 

Instead of improving upon the gameplay in Halo CE - which is still widely regarded as the most profound Halo game - Bungie dumbed it down in Halo 2 by: 

• Making most of the maps shallow symmetric arenas or standoffish cross mappy towers like Lockout
  • Removing health and fall damage and weakening grenades, which no longer punished people from camping on the aforementioned maps
  • Nerfing the entire sandbox, including starting weapons 

And this has more or less continued to get worse ever since. Halo's most interesting gunplay dynamic in my opinion was the strafe battles, and nobody even does that in Halo 5 because of Thruster.  

Meanwhile, Halo's weakest combat, melee combat, has continued to be buffed and all I ask is why? Why are we still promoting double melees? Why are we still encouraging people to crouch around to drop off radar? Why are we not punishing players who sit behind doorways and thrust after taking one sliver of damage? Why is a hallway in Quake a harmless transition, but a cancerous dead end in Halo? 

Because Halo is bad. At least, in a small team setting. It looks like the series is expanding with Halo 5's focus on Warzone, so I can at least acknowledge that if they decide to double down. But If they don't bring back everything I listed, the game wont be worth playing for smaller player counts. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

Ever since Halo 1, we have lost

Health

Fall Damage

Fast kill times

Powerful grenades

Responsive strafe

And we have gained

Defensive abilities

All that means is people are no longer punished for playing like idiots or camping. Small team Halo blows chunks.

I agree. But not about health pickups. I don't think it would fit in with the rest of halo.

I also don't personally like health pick ups either because it leads to too many lopsided fights and too much running around the map gathering health/armour.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I agree. But not about health pickups. I don't think it would fit in with the rest of halo.

I also don't personally like health pick ups either because it leads to too many lopsided fights and too much running around the map gathering health/armour.

GOOD

Get people to move from their towers and their hallways to pick up health. I'm done watching kids take pot shots and thrust back into doorways to reset fights. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

Go ahead and neg me instead of use your own goddamn brains and think for yourself. There's a reason Quake kids used to shit on Halo and it has finally dawned on me how awful this game is. 

Instead of improving upon the gameplay in Halo CE - which is still widely regarded as the most profound Halo game - Bungie dumbed it down in Halo 2 by: 

• Making most of the maps shallow symmetric arenas or standoffish cross mappy towers like Lockout
  • Removing health and fall damage and weakening grenades, which no longer punished people from camping on the aforementioned maps

And this has more or less continued to get worse ever since. Halo's most interesting gunplay dynamic in my opinion was the strafe battles, and nobody even does that in Halo 5 because of Thruster.  

Meanwhile, Halo's weakest combat, melee combat, has continued to be buffed and all I ask is why? Why are we still promoting double melees? Why are we still encouraging people to crouch around to drop off radar? Why are we not punishing players who sit behind doorways and thrust after taking one sliver of damage? Why is a hallway in Quake a harmless transition, but a cancerous dead end in Halo? 

Because Halo is bad. At least, in a small team setting. It looks like the series is expanding with Halo 5's focus on Warzone, so I can at least acknowledge that if they decide to double down. But If they don't bring back everything I listed, the game wont be worth playing for smaller player counts. 

I negged you because you oversimplified things way too much and overgeneralized the things lost and added since CE.   As well as saying small team Halo blows chunks.  CE 2v2 is still fun as hell to play today. Maybe you were talking about in Halo 5?  

I agree people aren't punished for bad movement.   I neeged for the last statement in your post.  Because not all small team Halo "blows chunks" as you say.   ----> CE. 

I negged you because you oversimplified things way too much and overgeneralized the things lost and added since CE.   As well as saying small team Halo blows chunks.  CE 2v2 is still fun as hell to play today. Maybe you were talking about in Halo 5?  

I agree people aren't punished for bad movement.   I neeged for the last statement in your post.  Because not all small team Halo "blows chunks" as you say.   ----> CE. 

I don't have any reservations in saying they have largely sucked ass for the reasons I mentioned. The exceptions are not worth bypassing my "oversimplification" for because I do not think we have gained more than we have lost.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

GOOD

Get people to move from their towers and their hallways to pick up health. I'm done watching kids take pot shots and thrust back into doorways to reset fights.

But there would be so much of it everywhere that it wouldn't really create conflict. It would be akin to forcing people to find weapons in AR starts.

Meanwhile, Halo's weakest combat, melee combat, has continued to be buffed and all I ask is why? Why are we still promoting double melees?

This is something that bothers me. Why don't more people complain about mile-long lunges that kill in 2 hits?

• Upvote (+1) 8

definitely agree bout the ever decreasing importance of strafe in this series. it sucks that they felt the need to hold our hand and up aim assist/lower strafe speed vs letting us learn the mechanics and perfect strafe

i cant find the video i wanted breaking down the pull of the reticle between h1, 2, and 3 but as the series went on, the strafe was slower and the gun pulled itself more. i did find this though showing increase of aim assist with snipers

@@Infinity

They updated "Team Arena" to "Team Arena Winter Preview" today. It says it's the preview to the Worlds 2017 settings. I'm curious about what the changes are.

This is something that bothers me. Why don't more people complain about mile-long lunges that kill in 2 hits?

Most people are oblivious

• Upvote (+1) 3

Melee combat has the potential to be the deepest coolest part of Halo combat, ESPECIALLY in Halo 5 with thrust and slide.

Instead they make it more brainless

• Upvote (+1) 4

@@Infinity

They updated "Team Arena" to "Team Arena Winter Preview" today. It says it's the preview to the Worlds 2017 settings. I'm curious about what the changes are.

Probably some weird bug/accident that reverted the playlist back to preview. Probably nothing actually happening.