CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

last night's debate in a nutshell

3tAzJm3.jpg

and @@Hard Way this is the visual form of Melvin

*Raises index finger and pushes up glasses*

Well actually...

• Upvote (+1) 2

Where was that post about building off of H5's base gameplay for future Halo games? Neogaf?

Where was that post about building off of H5's base gameplay for future Halo games? Neogaf?

Well, that's the only place that Frankie ever posts, so yeah.

Which Warzone playlist gives me the most jackals to kill?

Do Heroic Firefight.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Not even going to lie I hate Halo 5 because deep down I'm still ashamed I lost a 1v1 to a platinum ranked random online last weekend

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just heard that phil spencer said that "no new FPS Halo this year." RIP H3A. Welp time to break out xlink kai again there's no way im playing H5 for another year +.

Well Halo 3 ain't exactly new since it was released back in 07, so hope still lives on for that H3A with 4k and 60 fps support on the Scorpio.

Not even going to lie I hate Halo 5 because deep down I'm still ashamed I lost a 1v1 to a platinum ranked random online last weekend

And then I beat him 69-6. RIP

*Raises index finger and pushes up glasses*

Well actually...

you ackchually spelled actually wrong
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Man, had some friends over recently and I was having a conversation about Halo Wars 2 with two friends and one of them ended it eventually by saying "Who cares anyway? Halo is an irrelevant franchise and sucks now. No one cares." Kind of dickish, but still has a depressing truth to it for me.

That was an unfortunate downer coming from someone who kinda used to like Halo.  :(

Let's not forget that this all stemmed from one guy saying Evolved was objectively better in every way based off a few games of 2v2 and little to no experience with Halo 5.

I don't think anyone disagrees that H5 has balance issues, or that a more effective strafe benefits the game. It's just annoying that Evolved is touted as the savior of competitive Halo when it is not and doesn't even try to be. It's a niche game mode with the goal of imitating classic Halo games without the massive sacrifices to skill that other classic modes have made (such as h2 BR starts).

IMO, it makes some improvements but also takes away some things that I believe add more to the game than they take away. I also think that it's disappointing that no one has taken it upon themselves to make an "H5 Pro-mod" that attempts to maximize the skill-gap of H5 while leaving the Spartan Abilities intact.

In the end, we should all be more like Hard Way and stop being assholes to eachother because person A likes a mechanic that person B dislikes.

I didn't say objectively better. I said objectively more competitive.

And it is

And it doesn't take more than a few games to see this

Anyone can boot up COD for 10 minutes and then quake for 2 games and see that objectively, quake is more competitively viable.

I don't even see how this is an argument. It's not even close. The difference between h5 evolved and default h5 is massive in terms of competiveness.

I didn't say objectively better. I said objectively more competitive.

And it is

And it doesn't take more than a few games to see this

Anyone can boot up COD for 10 minutes and then quake for 2 games and see that objectively, quake is more competitively viable.

I don't even see how this is an argument. It's not even close. The difference between h5 evolved and default h5 is massive in terms of competiveness.

"But the casuals won't watch Halo tournaments if the settings are different!"

-Idiots 

• Upvote (+1) 8