CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

You get a medal! And you get a medal! EVERYBODY GETS A MEDAL!

oprah-you-get-a-car.gif

"generic kill"

"distraction"

Just let this franchise die please

• Upvote (+1) 3

My tin foil hat theory is they made multikills easier to get in order to increase eSports hype. Same with making the sniper easy as balls.

it also keeps people playing by making them feel like they're good. but honestly its insulting to have them baby me like that

it also keeps people playing by making them feel like they're good. but honestly its insulting to have them baby me like that

Welcome to FPS gaming in 2017.

Is it just me, or did 343 get carried away with the balance of the banshee in halo 5 with its accelerated banshee bombs and being given shields?

Is it just me, or did 343 get carried away with the balance of the banshee in halo 5 with its accelerated banshee bombs and being given shields?

The H5 banshee is the easiest in the series. The shield, the flip spamming, the super banshee bomb when you backflip, the backflip breaking lock and red reticle, the seemingly endless boost...you can fuck up so bad in the banshee but if you spam backflip enough times and boost away you won't be punished. The vehicle is a fucking joke, and there were so, SO many things they could have done to balance it.

The H5 banshee is the easiest in the series. The shield, the flip spamming, the super banshee bomb when you backflip, the backflip breaking lock and red reticle, the seemingly endless boost...you can fuck up so bad in the banshee but if you spam backflip enough times and boost away you won't be punished. The vehicle is a fucking joke, and there were so, SO many things they could have done to balance it.

What are your suggestions?

The banshee is ridiculous. There is no cool down for the flips, so people spam it over and over and you can't kill it unless every single person is shooting it.

I don't know who played halos before and thought the banshees were weak. Maybe warthogs need a health boost but that was it.

And why can't we even get h4 btb maps? Why must everything be forge

• Upvote (+1) 1

I honestly still think Reach's Banshee was, and still is, strong as all hell. Every other Banshee feels like it's made out of paper in comparison.

my first task when i play invasion is to, at the start of the final part, go for the banshee any way i can. its stupid powerful in reach.

Don't play Halo 5.

This guy gets it. Seriously, there were so many amazing games that came out in 2016, you're just wasting time playing Halo 5 and not enjoying it. I read someone say they had one night off from their shitty job. Why not spend it doing something you actually like? Or something productive, like learning an instrument?

Honestly, I think the Reach one is worse. Faster boost and flip and a more potent projectile. Granted, I get the point's that the Halo 5 Banshee's idiotic, and it is, but it's outclassed by Reach's.

lol @ people complaining about the reach banshee.

You spawned with the perfect anti banshee weapon and if you had snipe you could decimate the thing.

The only thing that made it "strong" was the fact that people were too stupid to shoot at it.

• Upvote (+1) 4

You get a medal! And you get a medal! EVERYBODY GETS A MEDAL!

oprah-you-get-a-car.gif

Definetly one of the worse changes imo going into H4 and 5. The classic medals used to look and feel so unique and rewarding and now they are just boring and over the top.

Big game hunter? Distraction? I just dont get it

and whoever thought up snipultanious needs to be fired

lol @ people complaining about the reach banshee.

You spawned with the perfect anti banshee weapon and if you had snipe you could decimate the thing.

The only thing that made it "strong" was the fact that people were too stupid to shoot at it.

What made it strong was a very rigid static spawn system and insanely large OHK AOE. Most maps had spawns which were easily to manipulate for a to8 which meant you often didn't have a chance to shoot at it, let alone get a weapon to counter it. I personally think the way it was designed (with low health, swift movement, and a huge weakness to surface impacts) meant bad banshee pilots didn't actually do much with it, because they wouldn't know how to manoeuvre properly, avoid obstacles, avoid getting shot and get kills at the same time.

It was still too strong, even with it's weaknesses, but it wasnt skilless. On the other hand H5's banshee has substantially less skillgap and counters because of it's shield regen. and even though it's not as deadly as the Reach banshee it's significantly harder to shoot down.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Definetly one of the worse changes imo going into H4 and 5. The classic medals used to look and feel so unique and rewarding and now they are just boring and over the top.

Big game hunter? Distraction? I just dont get it

and whoever thought up snipultanious needs to be fired

Nah, give them a promotion. That shit is amazing.

• Downvote (-1) 1

What are your suggestions?

Get rid of flips and just let the damn thing control like a jet in Battlefield, or..

Tie flips and Fuel Rod to the boost meter and make the pilot actually have to manage a resource, or...

Put a cooldown on the flips, or...

Don't let the flips break red reticle and lock despite still aiming right at it, or...

Drastically reduce it's hitpoints, or...

Get rid of Fuel Rod again like in H2

Theres loads of things they could have done, but they did none of them. The three things I think are indisputably bad decisions are the shield, the backflip buffing the FRC when done simultaneously, and the zero-cooldown flip spam.

This guy gets it. Seriously, there were so many amazing games that came out in 2016, you're just wasting time playing Halo 5 and not enjoying it. I read someone say they had one night off from their shitty job. Why not spend it doing something you actually like? Or something productive, like learning an instrument?

That was me, and I do like playing H5, especially BTB with a lobby of friends. That's why.

Honestly, I think the Reach one is worse. Faster boost and flip and a more potent projectile. Granted, I get the point's that the Halo 5 Banshee's idiotic, and it is, but it's outclassed by Reach's.

The Reach one was a little bit more deadly, but it had a much smaller health pool. The H5 one has better survivability I think, which is just as annoying if not moreso. However, H5 does have more/better counters, namely the plasma pistol. The PP sucked butt in Reach. The only viable counters against a good pilot were coordinated teamshots which took way too much effort and time, or a sniper rifle, neither of which is feasible if you're pushed back into your spawn.

They were both so bad though. The banshee is the one vehicle that no Halo has ever really gotten right. I've always thought it was a nuisance and only made games less fun.

I still think the Reach banshee was the most powerful playing against players like Gamesager was the most ridiculous bullshit given how fast it was.

• Upvote (+1) 2