CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Sorry if this has already been spoke about, I didn't really wanna go back and look. But, why isn't there party restrictions? It's kinda ridiculous and annoying that a person going on solo can match a team of 4. 

Sorry if this has already been spoke about, I didn't really wanna go back and look. But, why isn't there party restrictions? It's kinda ridiculous and annoying that a person going on solo can match a team of 4. 

Just343Things. The community has been asking for party restrictions for over a year now. Just don't expect to get one.

Yea we can't have nice things.  Cuz our dev is more concerned with the latest REQ bundle. Greedy turds. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

There are no party restrictions because the population is so low, the population is so low because there are no party restrictions. 

But seriously, 343 messed up big time on the playlists and their implementations. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

They say the system is supposed to prioritize party size, and in one of their blog posts mentioned tweaking the system because it wasn't working as intended...

So it could be that they never fixed the algorithm or the population isn't large enough to consistently get good matches.

Really it's something they needed to have implimented correctly from the beginning, so it doesn't chase people off...

Remember when people used their mics back in the day to callout instead of sitting in their party chats? good times.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Remember when people used their mics back in the day to callout instead of sitting in their party chats? good times.

Remember when Halo had a skill gap so wide that it wasn't solely based on requiring team shots and thus communication and you could make 1v2 challenges if you were good enough. better times.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Christ on a cracker this kid is good:

xboxdvr.com/Shotzzy/63ff9bd1-ec9f-45aa-93ef-e3ce1a7a26f8

I couldn't even dream of having control over H5's aim like he does.  Also, he YY's after almost all nade tosses, does it make any difference in H5?  Cancelling animation, lowering time needed for next input, etc.?  The grenade animation already seems to not hold up anything, at least just thinking off the top of my head.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I couldn't even dream of having control over H5's aim like he does.  Also, he YY's after almost all nade tosses, does it make any difference in H5?  Cancelling animation, lowering time needed for next input, etc.?  The grenade animation already seems to not hold up anything, at least just thinking off the top of my head.

Average

I couldn't even dream of having control over H5's aim like he does. Also, he YY's after almost all nade tosses, does it make any difference in H5? Cancelling animation, lowering time needed for next input, etc.? The grenade animation already seems to not hold up anything, at least just thinking off the top of my head.

Was playing Warpath Testing customs last night with @@MultiLockOn and some other lads, first two games, my aim felt just like that (adding the fact I am not THAT good into account), was getting all my triples and an exterm. Third game, couldn't aim for shit, fourth and fith games were better, but worse than the first two, last game felt great again.

Remember when Halo had a skill gap so wide that it wasn't solely based on requiring team shots and thus communication and you could make 1v2 challenges if you were good enough. better times.

I never understood this statement, you can't 1v2 in any Halo , if you are playing equally skilled players you can't never challenge in a 1v2.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

But, why isn't there party restrictions? It's kinda ridiculous and annoying that a person going on solo can match a team of 4. 

This was Josh Holmes response about it 6 months ago so it will probably never get properly implemented.

It's definitely not working as well as we would like and it's something we know we need to keep working on. It's just not as easy to solve from a technical & experiential perspective as you might assume. It's something we're committed to improving though.

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/5443-halo-5-guardians-discussion/page-5000?do=findComment&comment=796878

I never understood this statement, you can't 1v2 in any Halo , if you are playing equally skilled players you can't never challenge in a 1v2.

Yes, you are correct. Can't never.

Did it this past weekend during a Halo C.E. LAN against people who are better than me. No consistently, but the skill gap is there to allow it. Some people can do it consistently.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This is post of the year man

Not sure if you've seen my memes in the HCS thread, but I just finished a class on Microsoft Paint++ and now have the tools and skills to pump out memes.

Stay tuned, I anticipate that 2017 will blow away people's expectations.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Did it this past weekend during a Halo C.E. LAN against people who are better than me. No consistently, but the skill gap is there to allow it. Some people can do it consistently.

CE is quite literally the only Halo where that can happen, and the overwhelming majority of Halo players did not play it competitively in any form.

You know, complete lack of online multiplayer and all that.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You can say that in every Halo, I'm sure Ogres couldn't 1v2 Zyos and Walshy and viceversa.
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Not sure if you've seen my memes in the HCS thread, but I just finished a class on Microsoft Paint++ and now have the tools and skills to pump out memes.

Stay tuned, I anticipate that 2017 will blow away people's expectations.

My man, I am ready
  • Upvote (+1) 1

CE is quite literally the only Halo where that can happen, and the overwhelming majority of Halo players did not play it competitively in any form.

You know, complete lack of online multiplayer and all that.

Who gives a shit if the majority of anyone did anything? What the hell does that have to do with what he just said? :walshy: 

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Who gives a shit if the majority of anyone did anything? What the hell does that have to do with what he just said? :walshy:

CE is an exception, not the norm, because the game plays completely differently from the others. Saying that you can't 1 v 2 in "any" Halo is a completely valid statement because when the vast majority of players think of Halo, they're thinking of Halo 2 and up.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 7

Have the servers not been fixed? I'm searching on focused and every game there's lag.