CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Sorry that I'm being cynical, but I'll bet my left nut that almost nothing will change for Halo 6.

I'd give my right to see that it does

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm willing to bet for multiplayer the difference between 5 and 6 will be similar to the difference between the titanfall games

Try unplugging your Xbox before you play next time. Some people think it helps "clear the cache" or something. Worth a shot anyway.

That's some next level superstition right there.   QuitTheBox

• Upvote (+1) 1

my third

I'll keep saying it til it launches, I believe it will be even more REQier, which sadly means more Warzone.

They are designing the whole game around the cash cow, which means the core slayer gameplay is still going to suck. 

RIP Halo.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

I was a skeptic of their claim since before the game even released; so many of 343 claims are absolute bullshit. The moment they announced PC Forge was the moment when their claim was completely negated.

When PC Forge released, I did a few tests, but never got around to finalizing results or making videos. to a small degree, the "game tied to framerate" statement is partially true. 

• At under 20 FPS, and I mean exactly 20, meaning 19 and lower, pretty much all of the vehicle physics are broken. The lower the framerate gets, the worse they become. It's so bad that at very low fps, vehicles begin to twitch while stationary and unoccupied. Spartan movement and actions seem perfectly fine however.
  • Between 20 FPS and roughly 200 FPS, the game functions as intended, with one small caveat. For whatever reason, the forge monitors speed increases respective to the framerate. Vehicle and spartan movement/actions seem unaffected and do not increase in speed in respect to FPS, but I am not 100% certain on this.
  • Forcing the engine to target framerates above 200/300 results in strange slow motion effects. Regardless if you can actually achieve this framerate or not, the higher you set the target, the slower the game becomes. 

What ever they did with one of the updates really should be fixed, but because its 343 we will receive nothing but apologies and more broken promises. I'm not sure where the performance problem lies, but seeing as how this game mostly looks like dogshit, it should not be an issue. One reason could be due to the quantity of forge pieces on a map and the (possible) lack of culling. To reduce the amount of forge pieces rendered and registered by the engine, I would suggest for 343 to create a tool that merges joined/phased objects into a single entity in game modes outside of forge. Like there could be one variant of a map that is forge editable, and the other is just a complete landscape similar to a PSD and PNG.

This needs more upvotes.

I'll keep saying it til it launches, I believe it will be even more REQier, which sadly means more Warzone.

They are designing the whole game around the cash cow, which means the core slayer gameplay is still going to suck.

RIP Halo.

Ya I have little hope for the future of halo. It seems in thier eyes h5 was an attempt at appeasing hardcore fans (LOL) and it failed.

Ya I have little hope for the future of halo. It seems in thier eyes h5 was an attempt at appeasing hardcore fans (LOL) and it failed.

I do. Mostly just to fool myself into being happy so I don't die of a fucking aneurysm thinking about the logic behind 343's decisions.

Im still waiting for something along the lines of the following statements from frankie or someone.

- " its obvious times change, we tried giving the fans old style halo with mcc and it wasnt successful, it wasnt what the fans wanted"

And

- "we catered h5 to the competitive/esports side and it floped"

• Upvote (+1) 1

God damn, I need a break from r/halo. Fucking hell some of the users there just make me wonder what is going on in their heads to make some of their "logic" they're spouting. I'm not saying I'm perfect or anything, but I just don't understand how some people come to the conclusions that they do. It's so bizarre that I want to spend a day with one of them just to see how they act in normal life.

That sub is just full of strawmans, misunderstandings and bullshit. r/halo: "You guys wanted Forge maps because you hate 343's maps. Now that they're in you hate them! You're a fucking idiot who doesn't know what they want!" Like... how does someone not understand how that works? Just...why? Guess, what? I don't like the Developer made maps and would like GOOD Forge maps with NO drastic FPS issues. There's a clear difference between deciding you don't want something suddenly that you initially asked for and not getting the quality you wanted.

It absolutely blows my mind how it's such a revelation to people with these things. It's like the people who say "Man, you hated Reach when it came out and now you don't mind it! You're a fucking idiot!" You... you mean opinions... gasp...change after years have gone past and getting different perspectives? 

sigh

• Upvote (+1) 6

They're still going. Everyone keeps putting the blame on someone else, it's amazing

what's the deal with Handling Every Package? there some of joke there that i can't see?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Can't believe it only took 3 months for The Coalition to implement this to Gears of War 4:

As of TU3, we’re introducing new features as a first phase of updates to combat quitting in Core / Competitive. As of this update, players who quit a Core or Competitive Match will now be suspended from all matchmaking of any kind for a limited time to discourage drop out behavior – with the biggest time punishments going to the first player to quit the match. In addition, the more you quit, the longer the suspension you will receive from playing matchmaking. 

If your connection temporarily dropped or your pet tripped the power cable, all is not lost. Players can rejoin the match they left (provided it’s still in progress) for up to 5 minutes from the time they quit through a new ‘Rejoin Match’ option in the main Versus menu. Rejoining and completing the match will result in no penalties.

And yet we are still getting banned for losing connection to the servers more than 1 year later from the release of Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Hidden Xperia's new video on the classic art direction.

THe idea behind that video is good, the execution not so much.

The SW argument can be quite powerfull but he delivered in the wrong way, rather then saying "look SW's design evolved, it even changed fundamental aspects like lightsaber disgn (-> kylo ren) but it still manged to pull of this change within a believable "frame" and it still looks and feels like SW" he said "what if X happend" which doesn't really help much without giving examples. 

He failed to tackle architectural chages and didn't really flesh out any of the changes, all he did was saying "well this has changed" while showing pictures that don't make the change stand out for most cases...

The only issue he really managed to talk about was the elite redesign

ANd I can not stand how much praise HW2 gets...irc the Forerunner design is still 343...

• Upvote (+1) 1

ANd I can not stand how much praise HW2 gets...irc the Forerunner design is still 343...

Yup. :/

superior_sky_1920x1080-48e55dcdae5f45c1a

Im still waiting for something along the lines of the following statements from frankie or someone.

- " its obvious times change, we tried giving the fans old style halo with mcc and it wasnt successful, it wasnt what the fans wanted"

And

- "we catered h5 to the competitive/esports side and it floped"

Ya. Based on the ridiculous logic they've presented thus far it's only a matter of time before we start to see stuff like this.

I can't even imagine the monstrosity that h6 will be.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They're definitely going to double down on microtransactions for Halo 6.