CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Holy shit man. Halo 5's aiming is still the worst thing ever.

Try unplugging your Xbox before you play next time. Some people think it helps "clear the cache" or something. Worth a shot anyway.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If this game ever got announced, people would have claimed it was milking the franchise (see: Spartan Assault, Spartan Strike). But since it got cancelled and now leaked, it is apparently amazing.

Looking at it just now, it looks pretty boring.

Yes, it doesn't even seem like you aim yourself. You basically just press a button and it shoots for you.  

Don't you find weird Microsoft delaying Crackdown to 2017? Same year as the Halo 3 anniversary?

THEY ARE GIVING US H3A BETA ACCESS IF YOU PURCHASE CRACKDOWN 3

<3

Yes, it doesn't even seem like you aim yourself. You basically just press a button and it shoots for you.  

Sounds like how the Lego games handle guns. If you look in the general direction of an enemy the game will aim for you. There's also a mechanic in those games that is similar to bullet time where if you hold down the fire button you can drag your cursor across multiple enemies and kill them 

If this game ever got announced, people would have claimed it was milking the franchise (see: Spartan Assault, Spartan Strike). But since it got cancelled and now leaked, it is apparently amazing.

Looking at it just now, it looks pretty boring.

You can milk something and still get quality products out of it. Seeing that this was a vertical slice I'm sure the game would have expanded on mechanics and made it more interesting, but if you don't like the Lego games then you probably won't enjoy it. 

@@Deez

Please remove Pegasus and Orion from all playlists or put back the old ones. The new ones are literally unplayable especially Pegasus. The frames drop constantly

• Upvote (+1) 1

Don't you find weird Microsoft delaying Crackdown to 2017? Same year as the Halo 3 anniversary?

1lRpfo.png

The Halo gods have given us a sign! :prayers:

• Upvote (+1) 7

Playing ODST. Arrive at the Mombasa Uplift plaza and I'm greeted by a sign that says, "Mombasa Uplift - Handling Every Package".

This is why Bungie will always be better than 343.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Playing ODST. Arrive at the Mombasa Uplift plaza and I'm greeted by a sign that says, "Mombasa Uplift - Handling Every Package".

"Take my advice, Rookie. If you ever fall for a woman, make sure she's got balls." -Buck

"Take my advice, Rookie. If you ever fall for a woman, make sure she's got balls." -Buck

Bungie simply had much better talent in almost all departments. Joseph Staton is one hell of a creative talent. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

@@Deez

Please remove Pegasus and Orion from all playlists or put back the old ones. The new ones are literally unplayable especially Pegasus. The frames drop constantly

Lump the BTB maps in this. ANY map with frame drops needs to be taken out and refined. They're legitimately unplayable otherwise and are entirely detrimental to the game and its population.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lump the BTB maps in this. ANY map with frame drops needs to be taken out and refined. They're legitimately unplayable otherwise and are entirely detrimental to the game and its population.

I'm going to disagree with that

Because forge right now is way more susceptible to frame issues than it was pre-monitors bounty. Now, sometimes, there is no refining them. The update broke them, and most good forgers will attempt to be as piece efficient as possible.

Since the update, frame rate is enivitable I'm afraid, and Tom French has already told us it cant be fixed, it is an inherent flaw in the Halo 5 engine.

So I'll take good designs for multiplayer maps with some frame drops over the shit 343 shovels as "maps" any day

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

343 just needs to fix their shit. Whatever rendering performance they fucked up has placed significant limitations on the ability of forgers to use the feature set that made this Forge the most impressive part of the game. Pretty much any forge map that wasn't intentionally made with an extremely small number of pieces will have performance issues now. Of course they've said that isn't going to be fixed, so there's really no point talking about it.

Orion and Pegasus need to be removed because they are fundamentally garbage maps and the frame drops only make it worse, which, in fairness, is also true of many of the BTB maps.

I'm going to disagree with that

Because forge right now is way more susceptible to frame issues than it was pre-monitors bounty. Now, sometimes, there is no refining them. The update broke them, and most good forgers will attempt to be as piece efficient as possible.

Since the update, frame rate is enivitable I'm afraid, and Tom French has already told us it cant be fixed, it is an inherent flaw in the Halo 5 engine.

So I'll take good designs for multiplayer maps with some frame drops over the shit 343 shovels as "maps" any day

I dont care how good your map is designed if I have to play on it in 20fps 

And Scorpio this year.

Crackdown Demo on Scorpio at E3. Ends with "Pre-order for Halo 3 Anniversary beta access" Stage person leaves without saying anything.

Crowd loses it!

343 won't do that, it will break the immersion.

At best they can't apply their logic consistently.

Pizza Skins, Lime-Green Hogs, and wonky armor all absolutely destroy my immersion.  Not even trying to be a contrarian for 343i, they legitimately do.  Don't even get me started on Team Fortress 2's art direction for example, I could ramble on and on.

They claim sprint and such are for immersion, yet they're so eager to throw their game's art direction under the bus for a quick buck (because you know the kids are going to buy up all the silly shit).  It makes it hard for me to believe they are sincere in such claims.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Also started a nice little discussion between the old Bungo boiz with the "handling packages" debacle.

Made my night.

(Oops, the full thread didn't link :/)