CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Finished watching it earlier. Well put together as always, even if I don't necessarily agree with everything.

While I found his analysis of the multiplayer a bit hit-or-miss, his analysis of the campaign was almost spot-on. It felt like it was being yanked around in so many different directions without a true sense if identity, had a general disregard for storytelling fundamentals, while being far below par in the quality of the gameplay experience that one expects from Halo.

And while most of us will likely differ in opinion from him on the Arena gameplay experience, he does bring up a good point in that it felt like the team behind it at least had a clear focus in what they wanted to accomplish (which you'll be hard pressed to say for the campaign and arguably Warzone).

Good stuff as usual.

It's 2017, and I just had to QTB because I couldn't start up a matchmaking, custom, forge, or theater game. Great game

Not the game. Xbox Live and PSN have been getting DDoSed these past few days.

Case in point, I've been also getting lots of problems with BF1 and Infinite Warfare matchmaking.

Not the game. Xbox Live and PSN have been getting DDoSed these past few days.

Case in point, I've been also getting lots of problems with BF1 and Infinite Warfare matchmaking.

Halo 5 is perfect. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Halo 5 is perfect. 

We already know this! We need new things to discuss, like how Halo 6 should just be Halo 5 but new maps.

• Upvote (+1) 2

We already know this! We need new things to discuss, like how Halo 6 should just be Halo 5 but new maps.

That would be boring. Remember Halo has to evolve each title. So I suggest 343i should add Spartan Hook, and Spartan Wall Running to Halo 6 to keep up with the trends.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That would be boring. Remember Halo has to evolve each title. So I suggest 343i should add Spartan Hook, and Spartan Wall Running to Halo 6 to keep up with the trends.

Spartan killstreak

Spartan Lock

Spartan Bloom

Spartan Hack

• Downvote (-1) 1

Spartan killstreak

Spartan Lock

Spartan Bloom

Spartan Hack

If we are REALLY following the latest trends, we are going to have a Hero Shooter Halo tbh

Regarding that "Halo 5: Guardians... 1 Year Later" video...

I was on the actual thread and someone said something like "You guys should watch this!" or something and someone responded with "No, his videos are like an hour long. I have better things to do."

Why do people do this? It's weird to me and it just comes across as being pretentious as hell. If you don't want to watch, just go do other things. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just re bought this game for 5 bucks after not playing it for like a year. I like how they have social/ranked split and a custom game browser. However this game just feels sluggish to me. I thought I was just bad at Halo now after not playing for like a year but I went back to H3 and dominated so I know its not that. I can't put my finger on what it is exactly but I think it has something to do with the aiming.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I just re bought this game for 5 bucks after not playing it for like a year. I like how they have social/ranked split and a custom game browser. However this game just feels sluggish to me. I thought I was just bad at Halo now after not playing for like a year but I went back to H3 and dominated so I know its not that. I can't put my finger on what it is exactly but I think it has something to do with the aiming.

Where'd you get it for 5 bucks? Preowned?

The aiming is pure elite shit, it amazes me that CE set the formula for Halo Aiming and 343 has fucked it up
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Where'd you get it for 5 bucks? Preowned?

Friend was selling a bunch of Xbox one games and sold it to me for $5 since he didn't play Xbox anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What is stopping them from putting koth in skirmish?

It's unpolished as hell (no announcer, no indication a hill has moved, etc) and having to rework current maps to work with it.

I hope with the next update they reduce the number of playlists. Half the shit should just be in Actions sack, and the other shit should be rotational again.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

It's unpolished as hell (no announcer, no indication a hill has moved, etc) and having to rework current maps to work with it.

Honestly, I feel like this was the Forge team doing the multiplayer teams job for them to the best of their ability. The realised the MP team wasn't really doing it and allowed us to make it ourselves

Which would totally not be from COD because it says spartan in front of it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I hope with the next update they reduce the number of playlists. Half the shit should just be in Actions sack, and the other shit should be rotational again.

I hope they go a step further and remove Action Sack. We have a custom game browser now, Action Sack is obsolete. 

Honestly, I feel like this was the Forge team doing the multiplayer teams job for them to the best of their ability. The realised the MP team wasn't really doing it and allowed us to make it ourselves

Yeah, pretty much.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hope they go a step further and remove Action Sack. We have a custom game browser now, Action Sack is obsolete.

Yeah, pretty much.

And don't get me wrong, the Forge team are legendary already, now they are fucking mythical for allowing us to make basically any mode we want

But it pretty much rules out ever having KOTH and other actually unique and iconic Halo modes (Because Domination but with better scoring mechanics is something iconic to Halo right?) in matchmaking permanently.

You can just tell that Strongholds and Breakout exist and were pushed hard because some guys on the design team of 343 like Domination and Search and Destroy in CoD

And don't get me wrong, the Forge team are legendary already, now they are fucking mythical for allowing us to make basically any mode we want

But it pretty much rules out ever having KOTH and other actually unique and iconic Halo modes (Because Domination but with better scoring mechanics is something iconic to Halo right?) in matchmaking permanently.

You can just tell that Strongholds and Breakout exist and were pushed hard because some guys on the design team of 343 like Domination and Search and Destroy in CoD

Territories has existed for nearly Halo's entire lifespan, though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Territories has existed for nearly Halo's entire lifespan, though.

So make 343 should have made Strongholds a fucking territories variant, and not dropped all the other gametypes because reasons.

Not play up Strongholds as some new gamemode that isn't really new, even to Halo

• Upvote (+1) 3

I couldn't think of a more generic game mode than strongholds if I tried. Everything unique like oddball and koth are gone. Both of which are way more competitive gametypes.

• Upvote (+1) 4