CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Halo is number 3 lol

Even the first 2 seconds were unprofessional. It's "Deutsch", not "Deutsche". Typical WatchMojo.

Also happy new year.

Don't the last levels of new Doom have 15 to 20 enemies spawn in each arena at once? I get what you're saying though I've seen a lot of old doom fans criticize how Doom4 constrains enemies to single arenas with dead time between as opposed to classic Doom which has what seems like a never ending onslaught.

Editor isn't really relevant to gameplay, and I don't know what you mean by only 1 play style.

The engine only supports like 12 enemies at a time, that's why there are wave spawns and lockdown arenas. What I mean by more than 1 playstyle is that D4D is only a single mod in a sea of many that modify gameplay.

• Upvote (+1) 1

MartianMallCop and I intend to do some testing in about an Hour, maybe 2, unless he is otherwise held up again

NYE festivities this evening sir. Perhaps tomorrow? I'm off Monday.

The Halo 3 argument was the weakest one

I think it has more to do with the out-of-game communities, like on forums. But back when people actually used game chat, it could get pretty ridiculous. Especially ranks 25-36 in Halo 2, hooooly crap. The vile things people used to say to each other. And don't forget that in Halo 2, when you were close to your opponents you could talk to them, but you couldn't talk when you were dead. So someone would kill you, talk loads of shit to you, and you couldn't even say anything. You just had to take it and try to do it back to them. And then the post game lobbies! lmao the postgame lobbies were INSANE in Halo 2. The instant both teams could talk to each other there was an eruption of name calling almost every time, especially when full teams matched each other. It was a crazy game.

• Upvote (+1) 3

NYE festivities this evening sir. Perhaps tomorrow? I'm off Monday.

I think it has more to do with the out-of-game communities, like on forums. But back when people actually used game chat, it could get pretty ridiculous. Especially ranks 25-36 in Halo 2, hooooly crap. The vile things people used to say to each other. And don't forget that in Halo 2, when you were close to your opponents you could talk to them, but you couldn't talk when you were dead. So someone would kill you, talk loads of shit to you, and you couldn't even say anything. You just had to take it and try to do it back to them. And then the post game lobbies! lmao the postgame lobbies were INSANE in Halo 2. The instant both teams could talk to each other there was an eruption of name calling almost every time, especially when full teams matched each other. It was a crazy game.

Post game lobby trash talk was awesome
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Grenade hitmarkers are quite possibly one of the biggest irks to me in Halo 5.

Yup. They promote spamming, and downplay the sound based aspects of play by proxy.

Also, Happy New Year fellow Beyond-ers. :)

Yup. They promote spamming, and downplay the sound based aspects of play by proxy.

Also, Happy New Year fellow Beyond-ers. :)

Oh, entirely. Then there's the aspect of it giving out free information about where people are, even if you don't see them which is hilariously stupid on its own. Nothing good comes from them. 

Happy soon to be new year. (for me).

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh, entirely. Then there's the aspect of it giving out free information about where people are, even if you don't see them which is hilariously stupid on its own. Nothing good comes from them.

Happy soon to be new year. (for me).

Funny how Ramir3z actually supported grenade hit markers when he was still active in waypoint.

Funny how Ramir3z actually supported grenade hit markers when he was still active in waypoint.

WHAT?! Ram...why?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Was about to respond but he beat me to it.

I'm not going to complain if hitmarkers / hitsounds were removed for grenades, but it honestly doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I'm shit-faced but I just wanna say that Halo is dead. GG.

Microsoft or 343 will find some way to entice everyone to play the game if only for a moment.

Was about to respond but he beat me to it.

I'm not going to complain if hitmarkers / hitsounds were removed for grenades, but it honestly doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Same case for me if fall damage was to come back in halo 7.

Same case for me if fall damage was to come back in halo 7.

after that opening cutscenes for h5 they CANNOT bring back falling damage and expect me to still be immersed.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I'd only want to see fall damage if they're actually capitalizing on the fact that it exists.

If the one and only reason you have fall damage is to prevent people from going from top to bottom on one of your maps (I.e. it outright kills them if they try)  then there's other ways of accomplishing that.  Such as fencing around the ledges that doesn't block bullets.

Unless there are weapons I can use to knock people to their death, or routes designed around taking a specific amount of health as a tradeoff for using them, then it's just not serving any real purpose in the game.  Like they could add fall damage to Halo 2 and if you're someone playing a map like Midship you wouldn't even know fall damage was in the game because it's not even being used.

Regardless it's unlikely to return now that there's abilities designed around launching yourself downwards.

• Upvote (+1) 1

after that opening cutscenes for h5 they CANNOT bring back falling damage and expect me to still be immersed.

Right, that'd be too conflicting with their vision of accessibility and immersion over replayable game play.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Remember when Chief literally fell to earth from outer space in Halo 3?

BUT FUCK ME IF I FALL OFF THE TOP OF HANG 'EM LOL.

• Upvote (+1) 4

What would you guys think of a weapon that shot a paralysis core similar to the device Locke attempted to implant on Chief on their big encounter? It would disable movement for 2 seconds as a projectile weapon and potentially stop a push by exploiting the paralysis to reverse the advantages.

I think the idea of fall damage bringing skill to quick map movement makes sense. You could fence off parts of the map to stop a player from going somewhere, however the goal should be to simply make movement harder to master not really impossible per say, like you wouldn't fence off the top of damnation for example. Fall damage with negation allows players good at negating it to move around maps faster and execute different strategies.

Remember when Chief literally fell to earth from outer space in Halo 3?

BUT FUCK ME IF I FALL OFF THE TOP OF HANG 'EM LOL.

Space magic bro