CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

ODST is the undisputed best campaign. So much replayability. After that CE and H3 are the next best, then H2 and H4 are in the next tier down. H2 would probably be in or near that CE-H3 tier if jackal sniper spawns, especially in Regret and the first Outskirts fight, didn't have a great deal of randomness to them (i.e. any given sniper gauntlet will spawn anywhere from 3-5 snipers, but there like 8 possible locations for them that you can't check without exposing yourself horribly), and if combat forms didn't have just as high a chance of spawning with a shotgun or rockets as they do a plasma rifle or SMG.

H5 and Reach are tied for the bottom spot. Both are pathetically designed in every respect, from the enemies themselves to the maps.

This backtracking argument is complete bullshit, by the way. Flood and covenant play completely differently, not to mention in Keyes and Maw you have important weapons available to you that were NOT available in TnR and Pillar of Autumn.

Il never understand the love for ODST.

Hce and h2 are widely held up in the pantheon of FPS campaigns. Must play classics that were simply ahead if thier time.

ODST was cool...I guess. Felt very much like the h3 expanison that it was though. Just with a slower, less fun to play as character.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Il never understand the love for ODST.

Hce and h2 are widely held up in the pantheon of FPS campaigns. Must play classics that were simply ahead if thier time.

ODST was cool...I guess. Felt very much like the h3 expanison that it was though. Just with a slower, less fun to play as character.

Halo, but with jazz...

...Need I say more??

H5 and Reach are tied for the bottom spot. Both are pathetically designed in every respect, from the enemies themselves to the maps.

This backtracking argument is complete bullshit, by the way. Flood and covenant play completely differently, not to mention in Keyes and Maw you have important weapons available to you that were NOT available in TnR and Pillar of Autumn.

Are you kidding me, in what world is Reach's campaign comparable to Halo 5? What, did it mess up the precious lore for you? Did jetpack ruin your campaign experience? I know people love to hate on Reach, and there are some very sound arguments against the vanilla competitiveness and multiplayer overall, but afaik only lore freaks have serious hate for the campaign. Its map design and story are generally considered very well done, hence why there are so many youtube videos praising it.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's a decent game, not worth full retail price. Old Doom is better, come at me.

wqIVQIy.gif

I'm going to kill you till ur dead.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

We could have fixed that last night but XBL was a boner.

Lol my son was yacking anyway so i was unavailable due to fatherly duties

You would think with how often im here, i would play with you all more. Random thought of the day

Smh you aren't a real player until I bag the shit outta you. So until then you shall remain a random.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Smh you aren't a real player until I bag the shit outta you. So until then you shall remain a random.

My forehead is ready

• Upvote (+1) 1

You would think with how often im here, i would play with you all more. Random thought of the day

pretty much my mindset. Funny thing is that I own a lot of the games that we would be playing, the problem is that the xbone has so little storage space and I have 2 brothers who want to play cod.

I'm going to kill you till your dead.

How much do you actually know about the original Doom games, and the mod community behind it?

Because honestly, OG Doom does things so much better. Hell, there's a fucking mod where the Doom 4 mechanics are ripped right into the OG Doom, and it's soooooo more entertaining.

Take a look.

• Upvote (+1) 2

How much do you actually know about the original Doom games, and the mod community behind it?

Because honestly, OG Doom does things so much better. Hell, there's a fucking mod where the Doom 4 mechanics are ripped right into the OG Doom, and it's soooooo more entertaining.

Take a look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USOvv7QSBiM

I know quite a bit about Doom I used to stalk the doomworld forums religiously. And it's insane how active that nodding community is.

That mod looks awesome and I'm pumped to get that on my phone but I fail to see how you could say that's better than the current Doom if it's literally ripping all the weapons and enemy types and putting them in a hideous 2D engine.

• Upvote (+1) 2

pretty much my mindset. Funny thing is that I own a lot of the games that we would be playing, the problem is that the xbone has so little storage space and I have 2 brothers who want to play cod.

So delete CoD and make them play MCC

I appreciate what the 'backtracking' levels did for CE thematically and artistically. I always think it's cool to revisit levels and see them in a different aesthetic or with different paths opened up. I just don't like actually playing any of them. Fuck rocket Flood

• Upvote (+1) 1

I appreciate what the 'backtracking' levels did for CE thematically and artistically. I always think it's cool to revisit levels and see them in a different aesthetic or with different paths opened up. I just don't like actually playing any of them. Fuck rocket Flood

Backtracking is just a bad criticism

Dark Souls built a very successful series of games of backtracking.

• Upvote (+1) 3

We could have fixed that last night but XBL was a boner.

MartianMallCop and I intend to do some testing in about an Hour, maybe 2, unless he is otherwise held up again

I know quite a bit about Doom I used to stalk the doomworld forums religiously. And it's insane how active that nodding community is.

That mod looks awesome and I'm pumped to get that on my phone but I fail to see how you could say that's better than the current Doom if it's literally ripping all the weapons and enemy types and putting them in a hideous 2D engine.

It can handle more than a couple of enemies on screen at once, has a real level editor, and supports more than just that one gameplay style. I like the look of old Doom.

Halo is number 3 lol

Surprising that WoW isn't in there. I guess its community has died off compared to what it use to be, but still.

It can handle more than a couple of enemies on screen at once, has a real level editor, and supports more than just that one gameplay style. I like the look of old Doom.

Don't the last levels of new Doom have 15 to 20 enemies spawn in each arena at once? I get what you're saying though I've seen a lot of old doom fans criticize how Doom4 constrains enemies to single arenas with dead time between as opposed to classic Doom which has what seems like a never ending onslaught.

Editor isn't really relevant to gameplay, and I don't know what you mean by only 1 play style.

ODST is the undisputed best campaign. So much replayability. After that CE and H3 are the next best, then H2 and H4 are in the next tier down. H2 would probably be in or near that CE-H3 tier if jackal sniper spawns, especially in Regret and the first Outskirts fight, didn't have a great deal of randomness to them (i.e. any given sniper gauntlet will spawn anywhere from 3-5 snipers, but there like 8 possible locations for them that you can't check without exposing yourself horribly), and if combat forms didn't have just as high a chance of spawning with a shotgun or rockets as they do a plasma rifle or SMG.

Reach is a much better Campaign than Halo 4. Halo 4 really only has one great level.

Halo is number 3 lol

The Halo 3 argument was the weakest one