CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

It would be easier to organize the 20 things that don't annoy you.

It just wouldn't have 20 things on the list.

You mean people don't like slippy moonman physics and claustrophobic FOVs?

Shouldn't they be doing something special to get people to play their game? Titanfall 2, and both CoD's are having Double XP right now. CoD remastered has a christmas themed map. Gears is doing a promotional Gearsmas event, and there's so many more games that I play that are doing cool things for Christmas. How long has it been since Halo 5's last "bonus xp/rp" weekend? It's a damn shame really. Honestly, does 343i care anymore?

The lack of meaningful promotions is mind boggling to me.

They had the free trial when Firefight released and then...nothing. it's makes no sense because they seemed to be so excited by how it helped boost sales and player counts.

A double xp/rp weekend here, a free trial there would wouldn't hurt anything...only help, especially when they no people will be having time if from work/school.

They just recycled a Santa emblem and called it a day...

The lack of meaningful promotions is mind boggling to me.

They had the free trial when Firefight released and then...nothing. it's makes no sense because they seemed to be so excited by how it helped boost sales and player counts.

A double xp/rp weekend here, a free trial there would wouldn't hurt anything...only help, especially when they no people will be having time if from work/school.

They just recycled a Santa emblem and called it a day...

Damn shame. Apart from hopping on and having fun with friends I have zero reason to get onto Halo 5. I'm SR148, the next four ranks are just absurd and will take me literal years to get. My REQ collection is complete.

Double (not bonus, that's worthless), triple or quadruple XP and maybe just double RP payouts (because no doubt it would result in lower real money purchases on REQ packs) would absolutely get me to hop on because at least then SR-152 becomes more achievable. 

They've kind of got the right idea going with Mythic Warzone Firefight rotating in every weekend with more XP/RP than both Heroic and Legendary but it's not enough. Action Sack should be removed (the custom games browser replaces the need for this) and rotational playlists should be coming in each weekend in Arena. Maybe have Warzone Turbo come in every third week instead of Mythic Warzone Firefight.

Just more things that need to be done right now and kept going forward into Halo 6. 

Damn shame. Apart from hopping on and having fun with friends I have zero reason to get onto Halo 5. I'm SR148, the next four ranks are just absurd and will take me literal years to get. My REQ collection is complete.

Double (not bonus, that's worthless), triple or quadruple XP and maybe just double RP payouts (because no doubt it would result in lower real money purchases on REQ packs) would absolutely get me to hop on because at least then SR-152 becomes more achievable.

They've kind of got the right idea going with Mythic Warzone Firefight rotating in every weekend with more XP/RP than both Heroic and Legendary but it's not enough. Action Sack should be removed (the custom games browser replaces the need for this) and rotational playlists should be coming in each weekend in Arena. Maybe have Warzone Turbo come in every third week instead of Mythic Warzone Firefight.

Just more things that need to be done right now and kept going forward into Halo 6.

In Halo4 it took weeks to get to SR130 and in Halo5 it is just insane. I wonder how the thought process was behind that decision. Looking at HTR there are around 20 who have reached SR152 but few seems legit, idk.

Edit: Correction, it was 130 in H4, not 152.

(From Halotracker)

b22z4ai.png

In Halo4 it took weeks to get to SR152 and in Halo5 it is just insane. I wonder how the thought process was behind that decision. Looking at HTR there are around 20 who have reached SR152 but few seems legit, idk.

(From Halotracker)

b22z4ai.png

This is unreal. I'm barely to 146, and just seeing this graph makes me not want to play LOL

In Halo4 it took weeks to get to SR152 and in Halo5 it is just insane. I wonder how the thought process was behind that decision. Looking at HTR there are around 20 who have reached SR152 but few seems legit, idk.

(From Halotracker)

b22z4ai.png

The whole SR system is idiotic imo anyway. Bring back the Halo 3 military per-playlist ranks.

And why they dont have double xp/rp weekends every weekend is beyond me. Alternate double xp and double rp weekends

• Upvote (+1) 3

(From Halotracker)

b22z4ai.png

I imagine the amount of people hitting SR-130 in a short time forced their hand but man did they overshoot. Halo: Reach was a perfect amount and was completely achievable through normal gameplay and that was even with the credit cap in play (60k, 120k and eventually 200k). 

Halo 4 also had the absurd amount of double XP tokens being handed out like it was candy as well as unlocks being tied to the progression system with specializations that had impacts on gameplay (see: perks like Stability).

Realistically anyone who has hit SR152 in Halo 5 has either farmed/grinded Warzone for an entire year and ultimately for shit all as a reward. There should have been cool weapon skins, cool armour and all that shit and instead - a single emblem. 

Poor reward, poorly done progression system and just more major step backs from stuff Bungie did so well with Halo 3 and Halo: Reach. 

The whole SR system is idiotic imo anyway. Bring back the Halo 3 military per-playlist ranks.

And why they dont have double xp/rp weekends every weekend is beyond me. Alternate double xp and double rp weekends
Yeah. I'd love to see the return of unique emblems for rank ups even if it meant less rank ups. Nothing made me happier than going from Major Grade 3 to Brigadier or Lt Colonel Grade 3 to Colonel. The numbers are just plain and boring as shit.

XP per playlist was dope too. 

EDIT: Also, who the hell was like "lets make an XP curve that not only takes years to achieve max rank but it also randomly ends on 152, not 150"?
  • Upvote (+1) 4

re: double RP weekends. I can see why they backtracked on that because no doubt it would have hurt REQ pack sales. The solution in my eyes would be double RP in a single playlist in Arena. Whether that be a rotating playlist or just Team Arena, SWAT, etc for that weekend. Man, that sounds awfully familiar to how Bungie did it for Halo 3 and Halo: Reach with Super Jackpot Weekends  :thinking:

At this point, Warzone doesn't need bonus RP. 2k RP for a win on Heroic (and even higher on Legendary & Mythic) is more than enough and that's not even taking boosts into account.

re: double RP weekends. I can see why they backtracked on that because no doubt it would have hurt REQ pack sales. The solution in my eyes would be double RP in a single playlist in Arena. Whether that be a rotating playlist or just Team Arena, SWAT, etc for that weekend. Man, that sounds awfully familiar to how Bungie did it for Halo 3 and Halo: Reach with Super Jackpot Weekends :thinking:

At this point, Warzone doesn't need bonus RP. 2k RP for a win on Heroic (and even higher on Legendary & Mythic) is more than enough and that's not even taking boosts into account.

For people in 144+ RP is meaningless.

The biggest problem with the SR system is not the ridculous XP curve and time-investement required, it's that "SR" is completely soulless and bland and the payouts for progression suck ass. I would assume that is because decent rewards would have required taking shit people actually want out of the REQ pool thus decreasing the incentive for people to pay real money for REQ packs, but there is no satisfaction to be taken from the SR system. You're not cool because you have "SR 152." You're just a loser who farmed a ludicrous amount of Borezone for no reason other than to see a meaningless number increase.

• Upvote (+1) 5

They just need to rework a lot of things with progression and in-game rewards.

I don't mind a grind but that grind has to be meaningful in a way. They could reduce the grind and make it to where each REQ pack you get for leveling up includes an armor set and that would be how you get your armor. We have enough variations to make that work in future games.

- Make cosmetic items you get in REQ packs be just weapon skins, armor effects, stances, and assassinations.

- Visors shouldn't be unlockable(a lot of them are the same anyways) and see if adding a color wheel with a pattern feature is possible for them.

- Unlock all emblems from the start minus weapon, vehicle, etc that you could unlock via commendations

- Payouts for commendations should be more meaningful

- Double, Triple, Quad exp events need to be more frequent. For example, Battlefront had 4x exp for its one year anniversary. What did Halo 5 have?

And why they dont have double xp/rp weekends every weekend is beyond me.

REQ packs. Get used to it. It's not only ever going away but it's going to get far worst in Halo 6.

Kli0RO.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 4

REQ packs. Get used to it. It's not only ever going away but it's going to get far worst in Halo 6.

Kli0RO.jpg

I am fully prepared to not buy Halo 6, yes. :holmes: 

• Upvote (+1) 1

What were the other 19 things, out of morbid curiosity.

Sprint

Weak utility weapon

Op autos

Gun down for anything

Thrust

Charge

Insanely easy sniper

Ads on autos

Map design

Req pack system

Warzone

Sandbox design

General weapon ease of use

Req pack system

Map remixes

Art style

Power up animation

Flagnum

The lighting

Aiming

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sprint

Weak utility weapon

Op autos

Gun down for anything

Thrust

Charge

Insanely easy sniper

Ads on autos

Map design

Req pack system

Warzone

Sandbox design

General weapon ease of use

Req pack system

Map remixes

Art style

Power up animation

Flagnum

The lighting

Aiming

Wow what a negative post.

Kli0RO.jpg

Ohhh boy. Cannot wait for gamemodes and maps behind REQ wall.

My wishlist for Halo 6:

- pay to win stuff

- op autos

- shitty maps

- shitty campaign

- shitty online

- op spartan ability ( one-hit kill spartan charge)

- broken launch

- shitty aiming system

- little content at launch

- bullshit pr from 343/MS about highest revenue in franchise so far.

There's more but i don't have enough energy to name

Gonna be honest here: I've lost faith in 343. Everytime they screw up, 343 kids come up bs like this:

-Bu bu but. free dlc!!!!!

- Bungie and destiny!!!!!

- Stop complain!!!!!!!

- Halo need to change!!!!!!!

- Bu bu but. we're playing as super soldier

- Bu bu but. Lore!!!

I'm so sick and tired of 343's fanbase right noe.

end/ rant

• Upvote (+1) 5

My favorite is the argument that Halo needs to change, despite literally ALL of the evidence saying otherwise.

It's been six years and three games, and people still say this shit.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Goes great with his negative K/D ayyyy

if my k/d was negative this would mean something.