CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I can't decide whether to commit to Halo or Overwatch. Halo is the game I've played since 2007, but Overwatch has great dev support and just seems like it's going to be the next big thing. Solo queue competitive in Overwatch seems like it would be awful though.

I lived through h3, so h5s aiming was like 20th thing that bothered me about it. It just wasn't as big an issue for me personally.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I can't decide whether to commit to Halo or Overwatch. Halo is the game I've played since 2007, but Overwatch has great dev support and just seems like it's going to be the next big thing. Solo queue competitive in Overwatch seems like it would be awful though.

Solo q in OW is MUCH better than H5. It tries to match equal parties and the skill matching is pretty good. Plus a lot of people use team chat or invite you to their party. It's sooooooo much better than H5 solo trust me.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Solo q in OW is MUCH better than H5. It tries to match equal parties and the skill matching is pretty good. Plus a lot of people use team chat or invite you to their party. It's sooooooo much better than H5 solo trust me.

I always search solo in H5 and the first thing I do is mute everyone lol. I know it's probably not the best way to win but I can't listen to the toxic players anymore at this point in my life haha
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I always search solo in H5 and the first thing I do is mute everyone lol. I know it's probably not the best way to win but I can't listen to the toxic players anymore at this point in my life haha

Nah I do the same for Halo that's understandable. Even not using chat in OW, most of your team probably will anyways. Plus with voice commands you can still do some communication. For the most part people aren't too rude in OW but there are some bad lobbies. H5 it's the opposite. Usually some dude yelling your ear off every other game.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Okay so what they fixed was latency between actually moving your stick and the aim on the screen. Other than that people can still complain about it just feeling a little wonky. If you lived through H3 you can deal with this. 

Oh okay that doesn't sound too bad.

edit: It's gonna take all night to install all of these godforsaken updates... Oh well, at least I finally have the damn game lol

Nah I do the same for Halo that's understandable. Even not using chat in OW, most of your team probably will anyways. Plus with voice commands you can still do some communication. For the most part people aren't too rude in OW but there are some bad lobbies. H5 it's the opposite. Usually some dude yelling your ear off every other game.

Last night I got matched up with a party of three on my team and this dude was screaming at the top of his lungs at one of the other guys. I was like holy shit dude get some fucking help lmao... Like straight up screaming.

Last night I got matched up with a party of three on my team and this dude was screaming at the top of his lungs at one of the other guys. I was like holy shit dude get some fucking help lmao... Like straight up screaming.

Yup. Some people are just straight up insane. Kills the whole team's vibe too and then people start throwing. It's a nightmare.

So is Halo 5 doing anything special for Christmas?

There was the REQ pack with the Christmas emblems but that's about it.

I'm just happy they didn't decide to change all the team colours like they did one year.

Shouldn't they be doing something special to get people to play their game? Titanfall 2, and both CoD's are having Double XP right now. CoD remastered has a christmas themed map. Gears is doing a promotional Gearsmas event, and there's so many more games that I play that are doing cool things for Christmas. How long has it been since Halo 5's last "bonus xp/rp" weekend? It's a damn shame really. Honestly, does 343i care anymore?

Shouldn't they be doing something special to get people to play their game? Titanfall 2, and bother CoD's are having Double XP right now. CoD remastered has a christmas themed map. Gears is doing a promotional Gearsmas event, and there's so many more games that I play that are doing cool things for Christmas. How long has it been since Halo 5's last "bonus xp/rp" weekend? It's a damn shame really. Honestly, does 343i care anymore?

This saddens me the most. One of the bigger missed opportunities to get players to jump on every weekend (or every other weekend).

Shouldn't they be doing something special to get people to play their game? Titanfall 2, and bother CoD's are having Double XP right now. CoD remastered has a christmas themed map. Gears is doing a promotional Gearsmas event, and there's so many more games that I play that are doing cool things for Christmas. How long has it been since Halo 5's last "bonus xp/rp" weekend? It's a damn shame really. Honestly, does 343i care anymore?

What better way to motivate people than a Santa emblem and a daily log-in pack consisting of a mongoose, boltshot, and 3 needlers. Who needs double RP/XP weekends when we have all that?
  • Upvote (+1) 2

This saddens me the most. One of the bigger missed opportunities to get players to jump on every weekend (or every other weekend).

My biggest concern is that there's very little reason for them not to do it. Doesn't affect in-game REQ purchases, won't affect DLC, etc. Hell - only a tiny, tiny percent of the population has hit max rank. So... why not?

• Upvote (+1) 3

My biggest concern is that there's very little reason for them not to do it. Doesn't affect in-game REQ purchases, won't affect DLC, etc. Hell - only a tiny, tiny percent of the population has hit max rank. So... why not?

Too busy making pizza and cat skins.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I lived through h3, so h5s aiming was like 20th thing that bothered me about it. It just wasn't as big an issue for me personally.

What were the other 19 things, out of morbid curiosity. 

What were the other 19 things, out of morbid curiosity. 

It would be easier to organize the 20 things that don't annoy you.

It just wouldn't have 20 things on the list.