CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I seriously have to stand in a hot shower for 5-10 minutes before I play this game or else I play like shit because it's impossible to fight this garbage aiming system if your body is even remotely cold.

What i hate the most is getting destroyed by to4s
  • Upvote (+1) 1

What i hate the most is getting destroyed by to4s

That too. Me and 3 randoms took down a TO4 last night on Collesium CTF. Felt good man.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

snip

ahh, gotcha. I was getting your earlier posts mixed up with someone else. Your logic is sound but I still disagree. Gears of War 4 tried this and they're backtracking on it now.

First of all, I play a lot of social, and I don't want that half of the game to be completely fucked just to cater to the no-talent hordes that refuse to develop basic Halo skills and want the whole game made easier just to suit them.  Let skill matching handle that problem, instead of raping half of the game.

Halo has been trying to bend and change it's identity to chase trends and acquiesce to focus groups for six years now, and it's gotten us onto the second page of the Most Played list.  Just be who you are, do it well, teach people how to play with good tutorials, and match them appropriately. Rely on your graphics, sound, marketing, controls, and content to draw in the masses. DO NOT let their uneducated opinions corrupt the balance of the game. They don't know what they're fucking talking about, and their opinions would change if they played the game enough, just like all of ours have.

And just to be clear, I'm not pushing for a useless auto secondary. I switch to my AR all the time in H1. I did it in H3 and H4 as well.  Those games had a respectable AR (as a secondary). It was really useful at certain ranges and for cleanup, but it shouldn't be a tossup of whether it'd beat the primary precision in most fights like it is in H5. The ease of use/effectiveness ratio is totally fucked. And that isn't okay just because Reddit Randy likes his low effort kills. He'd still be here if that wasn't the case. And eventually he'll get better at the game and his opinions will change. In the meantime he should be protected by reasonable skill and party matching.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Snip

Im not calling for what gears did. Im not calling for a rebalancing of social playlist. Im not calling for a change in identity either (much the opposite).

I want halo to go back to placating the competitive audience and the social/casual audience seperately, so that everyone can play the game they want w/o compromise.

I'm calling for the removal up non-competive weapons from Team Arena, and replacing them with weapons that actually work for hcs. All other playlists untouched.

They would play it regardless. They do not have discerning taste. If the aesthetics are there then they're good. Well balanced weapons only become a problem for them when they play against better players that can consistently kill them. The solution is skill matching, not ruining the weapon balance for everyone.

Exactly this. Skill matching and precision weapons that are sufficiently hard that the kind of players who want AR dominance won't be using them that much and you have a competitive game that caters just fine to casuals, without fucking with high level paly at all. The solution is not and NEVER has been balancing the game for idiots and hamstringing skilled players so the trashcans feel better and there is no reason to separate settings to a significant degree because SKILL will naturally separate players. This is why I have asked for weapons that balance skill requirement with kill time. If the H5 magnum could kill in 3-4 shots but the AVERAGE kill time was longer than that of the AR (as a result of increased shooting difficulty) low level players would be able to lean on bullet hoses, while high level play would trend towards a utility weapon-centered meta, because players with high shooting skill would take full advantage of the difficult utility. You know... Like HALO CE. :walshy: 

There is literally no good reason to balance the game for the lower common denominator of trashcan players. Having to swap out weapons to make casuals feel good about themselves is just a result of bad game design, which I guess is what we're stuck with now.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I can imagine Bonnie, Frankie and Quinn all sitting around the tree, sharing bad ideas like presents.

That's my Christmas post. Merry Christmas everyone, and heres to another year of shitty Halo games under the bald man

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's good to be basically locked out from matchmaking on Christmas morning 'cause finding a game before 2 PM has become nearly impossible even in social arena.

Damn people, how can be possible talking every single day about sprint, smart link and every other things you clearly dislike because too nostalgic about the old halo formula (not arguing about that) when there are many really important problems affecting this game and coming out from its own infrastructure and basement?

You should be talking before anything else about server issues, impossibility to find games if reached too high ranks, disconnecting, teleporting, absence of selectable datacenters that is very shameful IMO.

Do you really want an H6, maybe with all the changes you continuously talk about, based on the actual immutated matchmaking infrastructure?

It would be like killing the game before even starting if you think about the actual population drop and that, maybe, not many people will buy the game on day one. How good would be not finding a game on release because matchmaking system cannot sustain a low population number (and H5 is failing badly in this)?

It's a bit like Titan fall 2 and it's shameful release (EA's fault, not IW's): if that game would have an H5-like matchmaking, with the few people that brought it in the first place, the game would be dead in 2 days. Is resisting right now instead thanks to a flawless matchmaking system, very low pings thanks to selectable data centers and a system that finds you a game in less than a minute even if 30 players are playing in that moment (this would be applicable to social Halo for example) making you able to play quickly without waiting ages for a match (waiting for me has become more like "hoping" for a match).

The current halo state is shameful IMHO, and for what i'm seeing movement or weapon balancing alone cannot fix it. Only a complete infrastructure revise on servers, ranking system, matchmaking algorithms etc. could do something.

The competitive-casual gap seems to be the same as the political gap. Left-wingers tend to aim to change and perfect the framework itself, and right-wingers tend to aim to perfect the variable systems within the already-established framework. Casuals tend to want novelty within the changing of the rules and preconceived ideas of what "Halo" is, and competitive players tend to want to do well within (and demonstrate the scale and potential of) the confines of the restrictive competitive gametypes.

Also merry Christmas. My avatar looks like an evil Santa.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's good to be basically locked out from matchmaking on Christmas morning 'cause finding a game before 2 PM has become nearly impossible even in social arena.

Damn people, how can be possible talking every single day about sprint, smart link and every other things you clearly dislike because too nostalgic about the old halo formula (not arguing about that) when there are many really important problems affecting this game and coming out from its own infrastructure and basement?

You should be talking before anything else about server issues, impossibility to find games if reached too high ranks, disconnecting, teleporting, absence of selectable datacenters that is very shameful IMO.

Do you really want an H6, maybe with all the changes you continuously talk about, based on the actual immutated matchmaking infrastructure?

It would be like killing the game before even starting if you think about the actual population drop and that, maybe, not many people will buy the game on day one. How good would be not finding a game on release because matchmaking system cannot sustain a low population number (and H5 is failing badly in this)?

It's a bit like Titan fall 2 and it's shameful release (EA's fault, not IW's): if that game would have an H5-like matchmaking, with the few people that brought it in the first place, the game would be dead in 2 days. Is resisting right now instead thanks to a flawless matchmaking system, very low pings thanks to selectable data centers and a system that finds you a game in less than a minute even if 30 players are playing in that moment (this would be applicable to social Halo for example) making you able to play quickly without waiting ages for a match (waiting for me has become more like "hoping" for a match).

The current halo state is shameful IMHO, and for what i'm seeing movement or weapon balancing alone cannot fix it. Only a complete infrastructure revise on servers, ranking system, matchmaking algorithms etc. could do something.

Alot of the people here are quite happy to play a slightly dysfunctional MCC Traditional Halo over Halo 5: What Has Been Trendy Since Halo 4?, so that doens't mean we don't think it's important, but if you're gameplay is still fucking awful and struggling with identity worse than a transgender shemale, doens't matter how good the overall infrastructure is, people don't like the game

• Upvote (+1) 2

Alot of the people here are quite happy to play a slightly dysfunctional MCC Traditional Halo over Halo 5: What Has Been Trendy Since Halo 4?, so that doens't mean we don't think it's important, but if you're gameplay is still fucking awful and struggling with identity worse than a transgender shemale, doens't matter how good the overall infrastructure is, people don't like the game

Every frontend has to base on a solid backend. Titanfall, GOW and BF1 have it, halo clearly doesn't.

Having a bulletproof backend you can build everything you want on its top.

It's just a priorities matter.

Every frontend has to base on a solid backend. Titanfall, GOW and BF1 have it, halo clearly doesn't.

People play games because they like the front end. If all we talk about is the back end we'll get another sub par game with a shrinking population. Yes ofcourse it needs to work better, but to say all beyond talks about is the front end is a false argument. There are plenty of posters that complain about shit servers. I'm glad there are just as many who complain about Halo: In Name Only 2.

• Upvote (+1) 3

And who are you to decide what is the most important priority?

Just to strength what everyone else and myself are saying about gameplay, Battlefield 1 has possibly a worse UI than Halo 5: Just Let Me Die Frankie, but people fucking love it, because it plays quite well, in regards to Battlefield. Likewise when Halo 3 had crap aiming, horrible hit detection and dropped a clan system people didn't just stop playing Halo all of a sudden.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just to strength what everyone else and myself are saying about gameplay, Battlefield 1 has possibly a worse UI than Halo 5: Just Let Me Die Frankie, but people fucking love it, because it plays quite well, in regards to Battlefield. Likewise when Halo 3 had crap aiming, horrible hit detection and dropped a clan system people didn't just stop playing Halo all of a sudden.

What do you find wrong with BF1's UI? Its visual appeal to me is enough to ignore all the blatant problems with it that I don't even know what they are.

it's my opinion of course but usually it's better to build good foundations before starting build a house.

However I understand your point of view, I'm not trying to change it. I'm just reporting something happening to me that i find unbearable: not being able to play your favourite playlists of your favourite game when everyone playing other ones (some of which I like, but finding them far inferior to halo franchise in general) are having lot of fun just makes me furious.

Every vacation day I have I try to play some halo, spending 80% of time hoping and trying to find a game instead playing effectively. I think this is honestly the biggest problem currently. But again it's only my opinion.

What do you find wrong with BF1's UI? Its visual appeal to me is enough to ignore all the blatant problems with it that I don't even know what they are.

What's not wrong with it? BF1's UI is easily the most confusing shit I've encountered in a while. Great game overall.

People play games because they like the front end. If all we talk about is the back end we'll get another sub par game with a shrinking population. Yes ofcourse it needs to work better, but to say all beyond talks about is the front end is a false argument. There are plenty of posters that complain about shit servers. I'm glad there are just as many who complain about Halo: In Name Only 2.

I'm just saying that these issues are so heavy to be completely game breaking, like the entire azure server infrastructure was on fire or completely unusable. The result is the same (for what i'm seeing).

And these are not getting enough attention (from devs especially) if compared to their seriousness.

I can link thousands of pages of complaints about servers I'm currently following on waypoint. Especially EU and AUS people; only US gamers (not everyone) deny every issue like rest of the world is populated by fools and haters. They just not understand that the few thousands of players remained are concentrated in NA, so less search times, latency issues etc. if compared to other zones.

Why would I care about these things if I don't enjoy the game on a fundamental level? Granted, there are plenty of significant technical issues, but if you fixed those, you would still be left with... Halo 5. The technical problems are just the icing on the shit cake. It says a fair amount that I would rather play a BROKEN version of Halo CE than a functional version of H5, but there it is.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Hey I just got an Xbox One S for Christmas with H5, MCC, and BF1; did they ever fix H5's aiming issues? Because I remember finding out about it through this site.

Hey I just got an Xbox One S for Christmas with H5, MCC, and BF1; did they ever fix H5's aiming issues? Because I remember finding out about it through this site.

Most people seem to think it's greatly improved.

Some noticed no change.

It feels good to me now.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't feel any change. When I played last it felt off.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I installed H5 again for 5 minutes, the aimings still garbage

• Upvote (+1) 1

Okay so what they fixed was latency between actually moving your stick and the aim on the screen. Other than that people can still complain about it just feeling a little wonky. If you lived through H3 you can deal with this. 

• Upvote (+1) 1