CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

So are you supposed to get stuck in your rank forever if you're playing alone?

Sniping in Halo 5 feels like Halo 4. It seems WAY to easy.

I think that has to do with the bullet Magnetism, I'm sure i've hit several shots that should have actually missed.

So are you supposed to get stuck in your rank forever if you're playing alone?

Nah, Just need to get better bro and carry the 2-15, and 1-14 players on your team /s

• Upvote (+1) 1

At the heart of it GoldenBoy is just a COD kid that made some money casting Halo. His knowledge of competitive Halo is minimal and shows in his casting, I'm not sure why people would "trust" his opinion in the first place.

Because immersion

Sniping in Halo 5 feels like Halo 4. It seems WAY to easy.

Feels like the Reach sniper too me, which is maybe why I like it.

Automatics, which inherently require less skill to use effectively, were perfect only being useful at short range because it meant the utility weapons, which require more skill, were still dominant at mid range. The closer you shift automatics to being effective at the same range as precision weapons, the more you lower the shooting skipl-gap.

I8kq0uJ.gif
No?

No?

There's nothing inherently more or less skillful about having more shots to kill / ToT. Bullet spread, RRR, headshot damage multiplier etc are all interchangeable variables (as we've seen in h5), thus you could very easily create an automatic weapon as or more skillful within its niche than its 'utility' counterpart. Just as the Lightning Gun in contrast to the Rail offers an equally skillful method of testing different types of aim in Quake.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just don't understand the direction we are trying to go with Halo anymore.

Granted it wasn't 343 who started this but every single Halo game has been so fundamentally different that it's caused smaller sub-communities to form because everyone has their own opinion on Halo and what they find to be competitive. We have people within our own community who trash each other because of the Halo game they play and it's so unusual to see it so commonly in a gaming community.

I mean most developers are smart enough to recognize not to alienate your core fan base but this franchise continues to do it at all time new levels. Every single sequel just does something so drastically different its hard to keep supporting this developer who doesn't truly support us. Everyone raised their pitchforks when we had sprint and thruster in H4 and now we have some of these same people supporting it in H5 because its "balanced". Unreal. 

I mean if it's sales they are trying to make then I guess they will do the job, but if they are trying to keep a thriving growing Halo community there is no way this game does it. It'll be another game that dies down completely once the new COD comes out or people have more time to see its flaws. Oh and I'm also told to support H5 for the HCS because 343 just says so? Like what the fuck nothing in this game resembles anything I and many others even supported them for in the first place.

In the end they will make their sales but I seriously question their long term plan for this franchise because Halo has not offered anything to grow as a community in a very long time, and H5 seems to continue this trend. If anything these newer games are changing peoples perception on what Halo should be because we are just forced to accept whatever BS they put out. I facepalmed at Gandhi saying we need sprint in shooters now in this generation. That is the brainwashing bullshit Bungie/343 have put into our community and its so unreal. 

I don't see this game growing much outside of the HCS.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I don't get this game's ranking system. I'm Onyx II at the moment with a 1.7-ish K/D and a W/L of like 16-6 or something. But I see plenty of guys who have better K/D's than me, better win% than me, and more games played, and they're in gold and silver. Wat.

Geez guys is it so hard for you to understand that this is not a linear system, since it values your team skill and your enemy skill, so it doesnt matter if you beat those poor iron kids 50-10 you wont be getting much points, but if you beat that semipro party team you will get a shitload of points.

Geez guys is it so hard for you to understand that this is not a linear system, since it values your team skill and your enemy skill, so it doesnt matter if you beat those poor iron kids 50-10 you wont be getting much points, but if you beat that semipro party team you will get a shitload of points.

Except on average while outside of the placement matches, i get more points for winning agisnt teams filled with unranked people over teams filled with semipro/onyx people when i'm GIII

Edit:  Since i haven't seen it on here, Exact time for Week 2 Update on Friday is 9am Pst as well.

Nah, Just need to get better bro and carry the 2-15, and 1-14 players on your team /s

Yeah, I don't get it. You should get promoted eventually if you're constantly the only person on your team who doesn't go negative.

I don't feel that thruster really adds anything. It's used more as a get out of jail free card more than anything else and I find it more of a nuisance than sprint at times.

There nothing inherently more or less skillful about having more shots to kill / ToT. Bullet spread, RRR, headshot damage multiplier etc are all interchangeable variables (as we've seen in h5), thus you could very easily create an automatic weapon as or more skillful within its niche than its 'utility' counterpart. Just as the Lightning Gun in contrast to the Rail offers an equally skillful method of testing different types of aim in Quake.

I mean inherently within a Halo situation where automatics function as they do in terms of spread, and where we have descope.

When two players are shooting each other at mid range - one with a BR and one with an AR, with similar range capabilities - the AR is naturally going to have an easier time descoping the BR player with less effort.

The thing that balanced this before H5 was the fact that the AR's spread meant it wasn't hitting the target so consistently at mid range and leading to the player being constantly descoped. That's what my worry is with automatics having tighter spread while scoped. And my concern seems to have been demonstrated by how often good BR players will easily be destroyed at mid range by automatic weapons in H5.

I don't feel that thruster really adds anything. It's used more as a get out of jail free card more than anything else and I find it more of a nuisance than sprint at times.

I honestly use it more offensively than defensively, usual to quickly/gracefully cut off a person who is trying to sprint away

There nothing inherently more or less skillful about having more shots to kill / ToT. Bullet spread, RRR, headshot damage multiplier etc are all interchangeable variables (as we've seen in h5), thus you could very easily create an automatic weapon as or more skillful within its niche than its 'utility' counterpart. Just as the Lightning Gun in contrast to the Rail offers an equally skillful method of testing different types of aim in Quake.

So wait a second, are you saying that it is no more skillful to 4 shot someone at mid range than it is to hold down R with the AR? Or are you saying that in theory, automatics could have a balanced place in Halo?

When automatics become as useful/more useful than a BR at mid range, it stagnates the mid range gun fights. At that point there is no real reason to choose a BR over an AR, which in turn leads to a bunch of spray fest mid range fights that punish missing a few shots a lot less. If you miss 1 BR shot you are out 25% of your damage output. Compare that to missing a few bullets of an AR burst and the rate of fire/rate of recovery and you can clearly see that the shooting skill at mid range is reduced down when the AR is the go to weapon.

The AR has always and should always be forced into the short range category as Halo stands right now. Now if the mechanics of the guns were changed, there could be a possibility that a powerful mid ranged AR could be balanced. But in Halo's past and present state a powerful Mid/long range automatic weapon breaks the sandbox (see SAW from Halo 4).

• Upvote (+1) 4

You can toggle it off, or at least the auto part of it. Look for auto-stablize in control settings.

Music to my ears. Thanks for the heads up.

I do better running laps around truth then holding a tower down.

If the towers weren't so horribly designed with over sized architecture and terrible sight lines, this might not be the case.

I've been playing this beat a lot and all the BS aside with ARs I'm having a ton of fun. I want to see with BR starts what it's like but I like these 2 maps and I think thruster needs a few more seconds CD. Sprint is useless as a get out of jail free card because it takes you out of the action for a good 7-8 seconds and you usually die anyway.

I do better running laps around truth then holding a tower down.

I personally Do the best Alternating across Carbine and both "Bubbles" depending on where they spawn,  Only real bad thing is with the increase size you can't shoot at pink worth a damn unless they are charging you down the middle.

I've been playing this beat a lot and all the BS aside with ARs I'm having a ton of fun. I want to see with BR starts what it's like but I like these 2 maps and I think thruster needs a few more seconds CD. Sprint is useless as a get out of jail free card because it takes you out of the action for a good 7-8 seconds and you usually die anyway.

Honestly, If you sprint for 7-8seconds and you arn't safe yet, You need to think about where you are heading more, 7-8 seconds is enough to travel the whole map, and generally there's a safe corner you can hide behind, or if they are giving chase you can run into your team which gives you a different type of safety bubble.