CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Why is doubled ranked again? It obviously doesn't mean anything while searching. I'm unranked and my team mate is always some Gold 5 player, yet my opponents are always Diamond/Onyx?

So It actually looks like that Mass Effect Andromeda MIGHT have a ground pound power, or ability.

Watch very closely @4:14.

Either way, I'd be okay with its addition, it's one of the more benign abilities in Halo 5.

Edit because I'm a Grammar Nazi.

Rules against leaks in a fan site are ridiculous and unnecessary. In /r/Halo, we allow 100% allow leaks because it isn't 343's blog and blocking off leaked content on the Internet is absolutely worthless and only drives fans away from your site. If they want to know, they'll just google it. Every fan wants to talk about so you might as well let them. If you don't, they'll go somewhere else to discuss it and they might stay there.

Everything deserves to be leaked out of that shitty company.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

@@Hard Way Shout out to the gaming night. Was super fun! Need to do it a lot more as well, for both fun, and commendations. Grinding to the Achilles helm (Especially when half the people in our company don't play) is gonna be a grind. .-.

Agreed. The game is so much more fun with you guys.

Everything deserves to be leaked out of that shitty company.

Leaks are a part of "internet culture". All i would ask for is a spoiler tag for courtesy but come on, getting banned for it? It seems like you cant argue with some of the mods there because they will look for a reason to ban you. Some mods are good (tsassi comes to.mind for me too. And stckrboy. Tech not a mod but has the same powers).

I have never been afraid to debate with mods here provided it didnt get truly nasty

Leaks are a part of "internet culture". All i would ask for is a spoiler tag for courtesy but come on, getting banned for it? It seems like you cant argue with some of the mods there because they will look for a reason to ban you. Some mods are good (tsassi comes to.mind for me too. And stckrboy. Tech not a mod but has the same powers).

I have never been afraid to debate with mods here provided it didnt get truly nasty

Banning for talking about leaks is literally banning the most excited fans. I was part of the mass permanent ban of B.net after the first Reach pics were leaked. Now this was after Halo 3 so everyone was just showing their excitement and it was also the first pics we've seen of Reach. It was nothing but positive comments like "This looks so cool" and stuff like that. Every single person who posted in a thread about the leak got a permanent and Bungie said in the Weekly Update that basically we're all assholes. It was the most confusing an un-Bungie thing I've ever seen. Little did I know that this was the start of the new Bungie persona that we came to know with Reach.

These were the leaked pics btw.

Halo-reach.jpg

Halo_Reach_First_Person_View.jpg

Halo_Reach_2.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 7

Why is doubled ranked again? It obviously doesn't mean anything while searching. I'm unranked and my team mate is always some Gold 5 player, yet my opponents are always Diamond/Onyx?

No the problem is, that it's inconsistent.

Why can't 343 properly manage a consistent ranking/placement system

Well, they removed all of the forge maps that were actually fun to play on, so the natural extension of that is to add broken skill ranks to make it even better! :bman: 

• Upvote (+1) 2

huh

Wasn't there some chess gametype in Halo 4 or something? I guess an official version the announcement tomorrow.

They all keep saying they hopes its Halo 3 Anniversary, but its not going to be H3A.

THE BACKGROUND IS THE NEW FORGE CANVAS FFS.

Wasn't there some chess gametype in Halo 4 or something? I guess an official version the announcement tomorrow.

Is it the return of Dominion" Wait, Warzone Dominion. Dominion was my favourite gametype in Halo 4, but it suffered the same fate as invasion, or its not a gametype at all and is the symbol for the customs game broswer.

They all keep saying they hopes its Halo 3 Anniversary, but its not going to be H3A.

THE BACKGROUND IS THE NEW FORGE CANVAS FFS.

It's H3A dude.

• Upvote (+1) 2

That was Reach. You had like all the members of Noble Team as the pieces for one team, while the other was the Covenant.

That was Reach. You had like all the members of Noble Team as the pieces for one team, while the other was the Covenant.

I simply acknowledged that as nuts when they revealed forge and then went to not play it, ALL THE WHILE still thinking it was nuts.

Adding chess as a new gametype when KoTH and Oddball aren't in the game would be a whole new level of dumb, even for 343.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Adding chess as a new gametype when KoTH and Oddball aren't in the game would be a whole new level of dumb, even for 343.

What I posted in the HCS thread:

And the text they used in the tweet is a quote from the movie "Wargames" where the computer asks that question and suggests a "friendly game of chess".

Although some people are suggesting that it's not necessarily chess they're teasing but just games in general. Ske7ch and I believe either Tashi or Grim have already teased at King of the Hill and Race on twitter. Over the last couple of months and even more recently Gamecheat has found audio files for modes like REQ Slayer, Gun Game, and Warzone CTF/Assault.

Plus we don't even know if they'll improve other game types. The mechanics for oddball are there in Assault, it's just a matter of them making it work.

Is there any meaningful proof/rumor that points to oddball coming in this update? People keep saying that it's rumored, but I feel like what they're TRYING to say is "well, I see a lot of people talking about it, and by all means it SHOULD be in the game already, so it's coming out this update.....probably...." I'm holding out hope. I just really want to KD boost with all the people that rush in to a room single file to pick up the ball

Is there any meaningful proof/rumor that points to oddball coming in this update? People keep saying that it's rumored, but I feel like what they're TRYING to say is "well, I see a lot of people talking about it, and by all means it SHOULD be in the game already, so it's coming out this update.....probably...." I'm holding out hope. I just really want to KD boost with all the people that rush in to a room single file to pick up the ball

Some things have been directly hinted at by 343 like Race, KotH and Chess (or at least the necessary scripting for forgers)

Things like Oddball, Gun Game and REQ Slayer are rumored via voice files found in the game. 

I think that after this update all the gametypes that should have been there at launch will be there **he says with fingers crossed and pang of doubt in his heart**

This update is going to probably have an arcade-y game focus. Alongside the obvious Custom Game browser and custom game options, it'll probably provide a base King of the Hill gametype that can be modified to become Race or other modes that require movable zones. Add in other whacky modes like REQ Slayer (Arena w/ Warzone REQ System?) and Gun Game and it'll round off the update as another big drop for UGC.

• Upvote (+1) 1