CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Through a mixture of some arcane drivers, programs, and Xbox streaming, I played some Halo 5 with my Steam Controller.

I think with time I could recommend it as a casual (and I stress casual) Scuf or Elite replacement, but the input lag honestly wasn't terrible. Getting used to the trackball right stick (which is obviously customizable) was the biggest hurdle, and I think a few day's worth of tweaks and adjustments could make it a really comfy couch controller.

Through a mixture of some arcane drivers, programs, and Xbox streaming, I played some Halo 5 with my Steam Controller.

I think with time I could recommend it as a casual (and I stress casual) Scuf or Elite replacement, but the input lag honestly wasn't terrible. Getting used to the trackball right stick (which is obviously customizable) was the biggest hurdle, and I think a few day's worth of tweaks and adjustments could make it a really comfy couch controller.

How did you manage that? Couldn't you get banned for using a "modded" controller?

Ironically I've usually been on good terms with Snickerdoodle.

No, Kfive or whatever his name is and others.

I'm not even mad, I'm at peace with my ban. But still, it's like Waypoint tries to enforce a PC image at whatever cost it takes. Things which no one even remotely cares about here are taken so seriously over there. I'm so grateful for the freedoms granted here in comparison.

For real though, your posts on Waypoint have always been good. I was surprised when you got banned for what you did, nothing was even remotely inappropriate. It seems as if the mods just wanted an excuse to ban you. Have you tried to appeal it?
  • Upvote (+1) 5

For real though, your posts on Waypoint have always been good. I was surprised when you got banned for what you did, nothing was even remotely inappropriate. It seems as if the mods just wanted an excuse to ban you. Have you tried to appeal it?

What would be the point of trying to repeal his ban? I don't know about you, but if I was Ramir3z, I would hate having to constantly debate in circles in regards to game play affected by sprint against posters who clearly present misguided logic and inexperience of the overall subject. Within this forum, you know you're in for a good debate regardless of the point of discussion, and it isn't just a select few who know what they're talking about.

• Upvote (+1) 3

How did you manage that? Couldn't you get banned for using a "modded" controller?

Followed the instructions here, booted up Xbox Streaming, and I was on my merry way. Customized my paddles to LB and X, which felt awfully nice, but again, the aiming was really wonky with the trackball paired with that teeny bit of input lag (I'm all hardwired and all my stuff is about two feet from each other, so I barely notice it after a bit). Just played a match of Super Fiesta to test, so your sweaty mileage will more than likely vary. Final Fantasy XV is absolutely glorious with it, though.

I doubt it'd be any more shady than using a XIM4, it's just reading the Steam Controller as Xinput. While I technically could get some autofire going, I'm not that desperate to go positive in Halo.

...yet.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nah, I didn't think it would amount to anything and at that point I was getting pretty tired of Waypoint anyways.

I mean, you tell me if you think an appeal would go through, knowing the mods.

What would be the point of trying to repeal his ban? I don't know about you, but if I was Ramir3z, I would hate having to constantly debate in circles in regards to game play affected by sprint against posters who clearly present misguided logic and inexperience of the overall subject. Within this forum, you know you're in for a good debate regardless of the point of discussion, and it isn't just a select few who know what they're talking about.

Well, it had its benefits.  Nice way to blow of steam, got to expose people to alternative ways of viewing it, plus there's a greater variety of opinions on Waypoint.

My one regret is that I won't be around to argue against these mechanics anymore.  I just hope someone else starts doing it now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh, they're unnecessary and pretty stupid, but they're still rules, yunno?

fucking look what you did raven you made me accidentally neg you. Smh.

Lol. Like you go neg intentionally. Smh.

lol like you have any friends irl. Smh

My one regret is that I won't be around to argue against these mechanics anymore. I just hope someone else starts doing it now.

Leave that to me my man.

Appealing? On Waypoint? top kek

I've been waiting since February and apparently it's still in the same position.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There is no stream for this update i believe, however, there will be Community update type things on Tuesday and Wednesday revealing everything, including interviews with some of the devs (Like Tom French)

The tweet you are referring to is actually a post on reddit.

Thanks for the clarification. I thought there was going to be a stream, but I guess not.

lol like you have any friends irl. Smh

I would be his irl friend...

No but for real, we would probably be good friends if we knew each other.

I would be his irl friend...

No but for real, we would probably be good friends if we knew each other.

a lot of us would probably be friends if we knew each other in real life.

Well if you're on the forum and discord all the time, it means there's stuff you're not doing IRL. Would y'all really be 'friend' material?

TEAM BEYOND SKYPE MEETUP 2016

Zedd discovered possible armor effects being added:

No hearts, blue flames or grunt birthday party? Aw. It IS cool to see these making a return, though. Disliked a lot of Reach stuff, customization wise, but armor effects were pretty cool to see in the span of your respawn time.

Well, if Ramirez only got banned until 2552, then his ban will probably expire before his appeal gets processed.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Zedd discovered possible armor effects being added:

I'm actually kind of excited for this.

Now if they actually fix the aiming this time so I don't have to aim like Killer N on addy then I'll be playing more.

• Upvote (+1) 4

@@Hard Way Shout out to the gaming night. Was super fun! Need to do it a lot more as well, for both fun, and commendations. Grinding to the Achilles helm  (Especially when half the people in our company don't play) is gonna be a grind. .-.

• Upvote (+1) 1