CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Those were some pretty dank memes, but please don't flame/harass people and keep it low on the image/gif count :)

That was fucking dank, but now I want even more.

Gazing long enough into the MeMes, one will find that the MeMes shall gaze back into them.

(Can anyone give me the lowdown on when this update drops? I've read next thursday, but I'm not sure.)

People are speculating that it's Thursday based on one of sce7ch's tweets which I don't have at the moment. Either way, we'll most likely find out Tuesday during the update stream.

https://twitter.com/pardontomfrench/status/805535025307402240

People are speculating that it's Thursday based on one of sce7ch's tweets which I don't have at the moment. Either way, we'll most likely find out Tuesday during the update stream.

There is no stream for this update i believe, however, there will be Community update type things on Tuesday and Wednesday revealing everything, including interviews with some of the devs (Like Tom French)

The tweet you are referring to is actually a post on reddit.

"I really would love to just put the Halo 5 update on the calendar and be done with it but the team is understandably wary of committing to a date, even with a million caveats, because any one of a dozen variables could always arise and disrupt the best laid plans. So next Tues/Wed we will be doing a full reveal for the update. Unlike prior cadence this isn't "weeks" before the update itself actually lands. The whole schedule is super compressed. There won't be a live stream this time around because reasons - though we are making a few smaller videos (I'm excited to be filming a little segment with Tom French today since screens/words alone won't do his team's work justice). So the actual game update won't be happening next Mon, Tues or Wednesday but safe to say it's fair game any point thereafter and we don't really look to do updates of this magnitude on a Friday."

​Says no update on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday, adn they they don't release updates on Friday. leavign Thursday as the only date open for the update. (The usual day for halo 5 Content updates) He also said it was coming in a matter of days in the Community Update. Of course its all speculation and we could be wrong, but it seems like a clever way to announce a date, without announcing a date so we can't get angry if it doesn't launch on said date because something goes wrong.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Was it TB or THC that greenskulls videos weren't allowed to be posted on?

Either way we should go back to that.

That's censorship and it shouldn't be allowed. We're better than that. If we don't allow opposing opinions than we look as weak as Waypoint.

Or Neogaf OT. Must be why Frankie posts there so often.

That's censorship and it shouldn't be allowed. We're better than that. If we don't allow opposing opinions than we look as weak as Waypoint.

Waypoint allows the opinions to be posted. But if its even remotely negative towards 343, their lord and saviour, they will shit on you, and then eat you alive, because they obviously love shit.

We allow Opinions, respectfully disagree, and sometimes, if things get nasty, it turns into a gentlemens duel.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Waypoint moderation is far stricter than it needs to be.

The bans leading up to my permaban:

-Criticizing unnecessary mod actions like moving threads into dead forums.

-Making a shrek is love meme (didn't even contain the innuendo)

-Cracking a joke about feminism.

All things which people wouldn't even notice around here.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Anyone up for some BTB tonight? @, @@Killmachine, @My Namez BEAST, @@arglactable, @@Apollo, @@SMARTAN 427

I would ask @OG Nick but I know he uninstalled :(

Anyone else that wants to help me get a lobby going, message "Hard VVay"

I'm interested but I may also have people from my Spartan Company bugging me too since we are down to only like 4 commendations now. But otherwise I would love to start hanging again.

BTW we should start doing Evolved lobbies again. You need to play some.

All snickerdoodle I assume?

• Upvote (+1) 1

The mods on waypoint are an interesting crop, to say the least. Ive gotten temp bans for ridiculous shit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

All snickerdoodle I assume?

Ironically I've usually been on good terms with Snickerdoodle.

No, Kfive or whatever his name is and others.

I'm not even mad, I'm at peace with my ban.  But still, it's like Waypoint tries to enforce a PC image at whatever cost it takes.  Things which no one even remotely cares about here are taken so seriously over there.  I'm so grateful for the freedoms granted here in comparison.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Jesus. And you were one of the few voices I'd look out for on that godforsaken forum. When did this happen?
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Eh, back around September I believe.

Apologies to anyone who left me any messages on waypoint itself.  I actually can't log into my microsoft account at the moment.

Anyways, how about we just get back to memes?

Ironically I've usually been on good terms with Snickerdoodle.

No, Kfive or whatever his name is and others.

I'm not even mad, I'm at peace with my ban. But still, it's like Waypoint tries to enforce a PC image at whatever cost it takes. Things which no one even remotely cares about here are taken so seriously over there. I'm so grateful for the freedoms granted here in comparison.

I tried posting a leak by Game cheat shown by Moa, and everyone was warning me about getting a forum ban because of rules against posting leaked content; it forced me to change my title and remove the hyperlink that led to the video, and I almost regret doing that. The only mods I can respect in that forum are tsassi and Viper Skills.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I tried posting a leak by Game cheat shown by Moa, and everyone was warning me about getting a forum ban because of rules against posting leaked content; it forced me to change my title and remove the hyperlink that led to the video, and I almost regret doing that. The only mods I can respect in that forum are tsassi and Viper Skills.

Well... If it's against the rules, that's your fault. Sooooooo. XP 

Well... If it's against the rules, that's your fault. Sooooooo. XP

The rules themselves seem very unnecessary considering what I was revealing in my original title. People don't have to click if they don't want to, and getting banned for such a leak besides revealing plot lines early in the game's launch is ludicrous.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Rules against leaks in a fan site are ridiculous and unnecessary. In /r/Halo, we allow 100% allow leaks because it isn't 343's blog and blocking off leaked content on the Internet is absolutely worthless and only drives fans away from your site. If they want to know, they'll just google it. Every fan wants to talk about so you might as well let them. If you don't, they'll go somewhere else to discuss it and they might stay there.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Here's a lowdown for those of you that don't know everything about the update next week, don't know if it's everything.

-Improved aiming

-Ghost melee fix

-Functional spectator mode in the form of Observer mode (rumored)

-New gametypes such as oddball (rumored)

-New skins (obviously)

-Player count restrictions for customs

-more Forge stuff

If the first 3 things on that list are a part of the update (things that should have been there since launch), I MIGHT actually consider buying Halo 5, although I will still push for a Classic or Evolved playlist and improved Arena settings.

• Upvote (+1) 4

The rules themselves seem very unnecessary considering what I was revealing in my original title. People don't have to click if they don't want to, and getting banned for such a leak besides revealing plot lines early in the game's launch is ludicrous.

Oh, they're unnecessary and pretty stupid, but they're still rules, yunno?

Edit: NO, this doesn't mean I condone the rules, or believe they should remain the way they are.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3