CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

He sounds so weird in H4/H2A/5. Like they added a phaser effect or something.

It's an ADT/ensemble effect.

Sounds like shit in Halo.

Anyone talking about this yet:

https://twitter.com/tuf0xy/status/805374244054007808

Getting my hopes up about this weeks update

Forgive me for being skeptical, but for some reason I can't buy it just yet. I've come to the point where I absolutely cannot take the word of mouth anymore. Especially when it comes to 343.

Me, more than likely I'm completely done with Halo 5 unless an Evolved playlist comes out. However, if they fix the aiming for people that's awesome news for the people who still play. Not being sarcastic.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I miss hearing killtacular multiple times back to back.  It's also never been anounced as good as it was in C.E.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Is it actually possible to post on r/halo without fucking offending somebody? Holy shit.

I'm pretty respectful over there, but I feel like I'm walking on egg shells a lot of the time. 

Is it actually possible to post on r/halo without fucking offending somebody? Holy shit.

I'm pretty respectful over there, but I feel like I'm walking on egg shells a lot of the time. 

What was your comment?

What was your comment?

Sorry. Probably should have specified it wasn't me.

I just saw a random comment before and it was downvoted to hell. Don't even remember what it was. Just reminded me how some people get offended or taken back by the stupidest shit. 

Halo - Antman crossover?

I'm 90% sure it's their take on Security armor.  Quote me on this.

But Security armour is already in game....

Reticle lag is fixed? 343=gods

Reduced - lets wait until it's out before we assume it's fixed.

And if it is fixed.

"343i finally fixes aiming for an FPS game over a year after launch. People who denied such a bug existed are shocked to hear of its existance, and now blame their Gold ranking in Team Arena on the aim glitch. More at 11"

Aiming bug aside, I've maintained a 52% accuracy rating overwall, with 61% accuracy with the magnum...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Reduced - lets wait until it's out before we assume it's fixed.

At least they didn't say "improved" otherwise we'd be well and truly fawked.

But Security armour is already in game....

You know what, in spite of learning this, I stand by what I said.  Because this is 343i we're talking about.

New Greenskull video about the state of Halo, I'm interested to hear what you guys think of this one.

Sigh, Greenskull...

-Liberal tears.  Nah fuck that, Make Halo Great Again.

-"With the critical success of Titanfall and Overwatch it's hard to imagine a dated feel pulling in a modern audience."  Well first I don't think people want Halo to be "dated", they just want it to be Halo.  Second, granted it's flashier than Halo but Overwatch still relies heavily on old school mechanics.  For all the moaning about how games need sprint, need ADS, need ___...then why is Overwatch so popular?

-Praising the Halo 5 REQ system?  The REQ system is awful, and he even outlined some of the reasons why himself.  I constantly see the same argument that he's using. "Oh microtransaction systems are perfectly fine if they're cosmetic only." I don't care if it's "just cosmetics", it still shouldn't require hundreds of or a thousand hours (or dollars, kek) to get the cosmetics that you want.

-"Ideally Halo 5 would build off of what Halo 5 has already done, starting over wouldn't be good for anyone."  Halo 6 should trim the fat in the same way that Halo 5 did to Halo 4.  Though I have to agree that starting over from scratch would at least be problematic at this point in the franchise's lifespan.

• Upvote (+1) 6

"Halo has always been great in its own way"

BEEN GREAT IN ITS OWN WAY

​GREAT IN ITS OWN WAY

​ITS OWN WAY

​Exactly Greenskull, Halo has been great in its own way, but recent Halo games haven't been doing anything their own way, or anything that makes them different, so they haven't been "Great in their own way"

​MAKE HALO GREAT AGAIN

​Halo 5 reinvented the wheel and bought something different.

IT DIDN'T REINVENT SHIT, ALL THESE NEW MECHANICS YOU LOVE SO MUCH IS STUFF FROM OTHER POPULAR TITLES, SPRINT, AND SPARTAN ABILITIES FOR EXAMPLE.

Halo6 isn't going to be a classic title. 2017 is the 10 year anniversary of halo 3. Which also means it has been 10 years since a game featuring classic Halo gameplay was last released. Face it, 343 have chosen there path, and it doesn't involve classic gameplay. Sprints here to stay, and spartan abilities will be back. The best we can hope for is Halo 3 Anniversary.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm beyond skeptical about this "aiming update", but I'll give it a try. It's too bad that my X1 is in the living room now acting as a Netflix/Blu Ray only box. 

I wonder if this fix was brought about trying to fix the horrendous mouse movement in the PC version?

• Upvote (+1) 1