CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Let's just assume Halo Ce as a base.

Wall Running and Wall Kick - These would allow players additional juking and route options. I assume your point about non-recharging shields is concern towards these abilities being used to flee. Yet sufficiently fast killtimes, as well as the health system if you choose to include it, both make that an infeasible usage of these abilities. I mean your shields recharge in Ce, but the killtimes are so fast and the recharge so slow it only really matters after you actually won the fight.

Slide - I don't recall a single person ever complaining about its inclusion in Halo 5. It doesn't have much of an impact but it's hard to make the argument it has any negative effect on the game.

Alternate Firing Modes - Bungie thought about doing it as far back as Halo 2, 343i tested the waters with this in Halo 4 and Halo 5, and if you count the Plasma Pistol it's been in the franchise in some form since Ce. I think more weapons with alternate firing modes would do wonders for the depth and variety of the sandbox, without necessitating the inclusion of tons of pointless redundant weapons. The new weapons that utilize it, such as the Plasma Caster and Lightrifle, seem to have been received well.

I realize 343i's assorted bullshit has left a sour taste in people's mouths, but I don't think we should just handwave new or different ideas altogether because of it.

@

He had me at 10-shot Magnum.

Because history has proven something like that could actually happen...

wall kick, air control, maybe lower crouch along with regular crouch While moving slowly.

@

Halo 2 Pistol takes nine to the head and fifteen to the body.  Pretty sure anyways.

Makes me cringe just thinking about it.

Considering that much of the Halo community regards Halo 5 as a return to form, I'd wager your bet is true.

Frankie also has said that the foundation that Halo 5 has laid down, at least in regards to how it plays, is something to be refined and not reinvented. :/

And when you have a 343 employee lowkey mocking us when they sarcastically say that Mass Effect Andromeda having a ground pound breaks the game, you know we're in for a rough time.

(Yes, the last part happened, I engaged with them myself).

It doesn't though.

And if so, someone please point me to the evidence.

@@Killmachine

Who?

If 343 (686 now?) hired people who hate Halo 5 because of X to work on Halo 6, what the fuck would that end up as???

I want to say that it would end up like a classic Halo game, as X would be all the stuff we hate, but I guarantee that the people they hired would be the guys that thought X was that there weren't enough micro transactions.

Alright, enough negativity, lets get some positivity going.

List things 343 did RIGHT with Halo 5. Because its a shorter and easier list than what is wrong with it...

Thats Queen Ashley to you sir

no one here is going to get that you shitsickle

Ah, the good 'ol "we need a classic playlist desperately" part of the Halo timeline, as is tradition for every game. And as is tradition, it will be removed due to low population because all the people who would play that left long ago and then the developer will say "Looks like the fanbase doesn't like classic Halo after all."

Can't wait.

Too fuckin' sharp.

Dual wielding Magnums in Halo 3 got you an 8SK TTK IRCC. We got close, even if by a technicality. XP

It's actually just a 5 or 4 shot. It's just the hardest gun to aim with by far in the whole series. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

If 343 (686 now?) hired people who hate Halo 5 because of X to work on Halo 6, what the fuck would that end up as???

I want to say that it would end up like a classic Halo game, as X would be all the stuff we hate, but I guarantee that the people they hired would be the guys that thought X was that there weren't enough micro transactions.

Alright, enough negativity, lets get some positivity going.

List things 343 did RIGHT with Halo 5. Because its a shorter and easier list than what is wrong with it...

-The killtimes aren't dreadfully slow.

-The spawn weapon isn't a piece of trash like the Halo 3 Battle Rifle (or even worse the AR).

-Forge is amazing.  Why can't Tom French post here instead of Frank...

-The weapon sandbox isn't as bad as the one in H2 and H3 (in many aspects it's better).

-Maybe like 25% of the spartan abilities aren't awful.

-They got custom game settings right this time.

Yeah that's about all I can think of at the moment.

• Upvote (+1) 2

@

Halo 2 Pistol takes nine to the head and fifteen to the body.  Pretty sure anyways.

Makes me cringe just thinking about it.

Oh, damn. I completely blocked that piece of shit out of my mind. I forgot you needed to RELOAD before the killing shot, even if you hit every bullet in the mag. TERRIBLE.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So we know the reveak of the update is split over two days, Tuesday and Wednesday, and Frankie said its a big update.\

So assuming for once Frankie is actually telling the truth, Tuesday will be REQ reveal, and Wednesday will be gametypes and maps?

Something sounds off about Jeff's voice. Can't quite put my finger on it.

Something sounds off about Jeff's voice. Can't quite put my finger on it.

He sounds so weird in H4/H2A/5. Like they added a phaser effect or something.

It doesn't though.

And if so, someone please point me to the evidence.

@@Killmachine

Who?

I know it doesn't, but the fact that employee said it, even jokingly, says something about their attitude toward our concerns.