CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

343i: "On the topic of sprints - there's a large amount of work happening all across the studio on some foundational work and secret sauce for unannounced future stuff. There's a lot I haven't had time to digest yet but it's been very interesting seeing a lot of production, tech and workflow frameworks being refined and improved in addition to some high level proof-of-concept testing. Expect a lot of vague teasing for quite some time."

This line of thinking annoys me. I don't understand why so many AAA game studios are so secretive. Tell me what you're working on, show us some images, and perhaps some gameplay, and maybe even it's release date so we can tell you if we like it, so we can get hype and start talking about it, and so we know how much money we need to have and when so we can buy it when it comes out.

HOLY FUCK.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd assume the italicized is just referring to Halo 6 (not announced) or some Halo 5 DLC.

They'll announce it when they feel they have enough to announce.

Hype building 101.

"Today we announce that we will make announcements on the announced date, where we will also show of SECRET ANOUNCEMENTS!!!!"

• Upvote (+1) 3

There are plenty of triple-A studios that are pretty transparent about what they're working on. 343 in particular just has a habit of saying literally fucking nothing until right before they release anything. "we're working on some totally great stuff, we promise!" Wonderful. Thanks, Barvo.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Did anyone else notice they removed the Classic Throwback CE playlist? Are they going to reintroduce a new throwback playlist with the next update? That playlist was fun but I hope they add one without sprint this time if they do bring it back.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My favorite H5 kids are the ones who seek out people just to berate them. It's actually funny.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Update on Thursday maybe???

Ske7ch posted this on Reddit. "So the actual game update won't be happening next Mon, Tues or Wednesday but safe to say it's fair game any point thereafter and we don't really look to do updates of this magnitude on a Friday."

He said the update is coming in a matter of days, and in this post excludes every day BUT Thursday, the day Halo 5 updates have typically been released on.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hype building 101.

"Today we announce that we will make announcements on the announced date, where we will also show of SECRET ANOUNCEMENTS!!!!"

Taking lessons from Blizzard. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Update on Thursday maybe???

Ske7ch posted this on Reddit. "So the actual game update won't be happening next Mon, Tues or Wednesday but safe to say it's fair game any point thereafter and we don't really look to do updates of this magnitude on a Friday."

He said the update is coming in a matter of days, and in this post excludes every day BUT Thursday, the day Halo 5 updates have typically been released on.

Lmao he's not trying to hide it'll be Thursday there

Can you get commendations in Warzone?

Did anyone else notice they removed the Classic Throwback CE playlist? Are they going to reintroduce a new throwback playlist with the next update? That playlist was fun but I hope they add one without sprint this time if they do bring it back.

Super Fiesta replaced it.

No doubt it'll be back in the future with new maps and stuff.

So you mean that I can't play slayer anymore without sweating my balls off.....?

Great.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Titanfall 2 has a free trial on the dashboard

It's free on all platforms for this weekend!

@OG Nick and I have been having a blast with TF2.  I highly recommend trying it while it's free this weekend.  The movement mechanics and depth alone are worth your time.

@OG Nick and I have been having a blast with TF2.  I highly recommend trying it while it's free this weekend.  The movement mechanics and depth alone are worth your time.

Depends on how quickly they nerf that stupid wall.

Depends on how quickly they nerf that stupid wall.

Oh yeah no doubt theres tons of dumb shit in that game that stinks up a pretty stellar core.  My big thing is the pulse knife and map hack. Those are AWFUL and there appears to be no counter to them. I think cloak helps, but it just reveals you for less time if I'm not mistaken.  I'd love to see Map Hack completely removed, and Pulse Knife replaced with a minimap decoy that emits fake shots, like the one from BF4.

Also, back on the topic of Halo, our boy @@Batchford is playing in the EU Season Finals on LAN today. It's a big day for him and we should all show our support.  Good luck today bud! https://www.twitch.tv/halo

Oh yeah no doubt theres tons of dumb shit in that game that stinks up a pretty stellar core.  My big thing is the pulse knife and map hack. Those are AWFUL and there appears to be no counter to them. I think cloak helps, but it just reveals you for less time if I'm not mistaken.  I'd love to see Map Hack completely removed, and Pulse Knife replaced with a minimap decoy that emits fake shots, like the one from BF4.

Also, back on the topic of Halo, our boy @@Batchford is playing in the EU Season Finals on LAN today. It's a big day for him and we should all show our support.  Good luck today bud! https://www.twitch.tv/halo

Tomorrow.

Online relegation today.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So they teased KotH but the only way i see that working is with a real classic playlist with no sprint or AAs. Backdoor classic playlist tease??

I know they're going to introduce a true classic playlist using either old school settings or evolved settings. I just don't know when or if that's why.

• Upvote (+1) 1

halo 6 will have wall running

quote this in a year when its first trailer is released

Maybe not Halo 6 but if you go back to 2009 with everyone laughing at the thought of Halo having Sprint and ADS, wall running eventually coming to the series isn't far fetched at all.

Adapt

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just got an email from Certain Affinity, they said they don't have any openings in level design at this moment but they loved my work and they'll get back to me the second there's a position available. Such an awesome feeling :)

• Upvote (+1) 8

I know they're going to introduce a true classic playlist using either old school settings or evolved settings. I just don't know when or if that's why.

If we get an evolved playlist, I will probably pee my pants.

• Upvote (+1) 4

If we get an evolved playlist, I will probably pee my pants.

Quinn was asking for the gametypes the day the throwback playlist launched to horrible reception

• Upvote (+1) 3