CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

"and a sneak peek at the upcoming Halo 5: Guardians update"

By revealing the grenade launcher, that anyone with eyes could see in the teaser trailer, and announcing the Voices of War req pack that was already confirmed.

THE ONLY NEW THIGN WAS THIS, AND IT WAS HIDDEN...

forgecrabby-7eaa574f0a4443e6b70454b349c8

Sanghelios Forge canvas, TOM FRENCH DELIVERS.

French should be lead of theproject for halo 6, HE ACTUALLY LISTENS TO THE FANSz!

• Upvote (+1) 6

• On the topic of sprints - there's a large amount of work happening all across the studio on some foundational work and secret sauce for unannounced future stuff. There's a lot I haven't had time to digest yet but it's been very interesting seeing a lot of production, tech and workflow frameworks being refined and improved in addition to some high level proof-of-concept testing. Expect a lot of vague teasing for quite some time.

H3A?

Does it get good? 5 eps in I was bored as hell.

Maybe not for you then because i was hooked by then, but personally I think so.  I felt that way about the first 2 episodes or so but thought each one was a little better than the last and the last 3 have been excellent.

It does have quite a long build up and you REALLY have to pay attention to detail.  Like, trying to watch and doing other things is a bad idea. You'll just get totally lost and think it doesn't make any sense, but it actually makes perfect sense.

H3A?

Nah, it just means we'll get H3 forge maps in the Anniversary playlist. :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can we just let the forge team run the show over at 343?  They are amazing.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Maybe not for you then because i was hooked by then, but personally I think so.  I felt that way about the first 2 episodes or so but thought each one was a little better than the last and the last 3 have been excellent.

It does have quite a long build up and you REALLY have to pay attention to detail.  Like, trying to watch and doing other things is a bad idea. You'll just get totally lost and think it doesn't make any sense, but it actually makes perfect sense.

Ill try to binge watch a few more. It was kinda getting interesting where I left off. The last major thing I remember was Anthony Hopkins freezing everything while having brunch with the exec lady with the big earth movers in the background. That was kinda cool.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ill try to binge watch a few more. It was kinda getting interesting where I left off. The last major thing I remember was Anthony Hopkins freezing everything while having brunch with the exec lady with the big earth movers in the background. That was kinda cool.

Yeah, there are a few more times this season where he becomes a really scary guy to be alone in a room with.  I don't know where on your priority list good acting is when it comes to shows, but even if you think the show is average, its worth watching for some of the performances.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, there are a few more times this season where he becomes a really scary guy to be alone in a room with.  I don't know where on your priority list good acting is when it comes to shows, but even if you think the show is average, its worth watching for some of the performances.

hopkins is a master though, so subtle

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've always like Anthony Hopkins. He's one of the reasons I watched it in the first place.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

hopkins is a master though, so subtle

I've always like Anthony Hopkins. He's one of the reasons I watched it in the first place.

Yeah, he's ridiculously good.  Everybody on the show is good but he is def. the best.  I can only imagine how expensive this show is with all the sets and actors they have. Hopefully it doesn't go the way of "Carnivale" and get cut off after 2 seasons.  

Why is Tom French so well liked around here? He's a forge guy right? I don't use forge so I wouldn't know but I'm just curious.

Because actually seems like a competent developer who has made software that fans like and want, in a timely manner.  Plus he has a cool beard. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

You guys are forgetting about Spartan grappling hook. When wall running with Spartan boots fails you

You shut your mouth right now. If this comes to Halo I will fucking sell my Xbox.

Kevin Franklin I think

He was MP Design Director. He probably had a hand but I think guys like David Ellis were more directly involved in Warzone

Where are these gun models from? Seem pretty nice.

Alright that was a fun watch. Balancing looks pretty good.

I don't have Bo3 but I would definitely play that. It's kinda like Breakout, except good. Although maybe it's just because I saw Hang Em High.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

"and a sneak peek at the upcoming Halo 5: Guardians update"

By revealing the grenade launcher, that anyone with eyes could see in the teaser trailer, and announcing the Voices of War req pack that was already confirmed.

THE ONLY NEW THIGN WAS THIS, AND IT WAS HIDDEN...

forgecrabby-7eaa574f0a4443e6b70454b349c8

Sanghelios Forge canvas, TOM FRENCH DELIVERS.

French should be lead of theproject for halo 6, HE ACTUALLY LISTENS TO THE FANSz!

Took them long enough. At least they're finally giving us some decent new content.