CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Overwatch won "Best Game direction, best Multiplayer game, best eSports game, and Game of the Year"

Given 343's track record.

Halo 6 is going to be a hero based shooter.

At least it won't have sprint
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Overwatch won "Best Game direction, best Multiplayer game, best eSports game, and Game of the Year"

Given 343's track record.

Halo 6 is going to be a hero based shooter.

No, see... that would be better. That at least implies it will have a fixed direction, and will please an individual crowd.

343 makes frankenstein monsters man. Halo games stitched together helter-skelter using only the 'best' individual shooter components (which everyone knows by now only makes each aspect fail to stand alone) with the goal of making a perfect creation. I mean; it's highly likely we will see a full blown hero gametype in Halo 6 and that of course, they will find a way to make this influence every other part of the game as well, -god, just the finest eldritch blend considering Halo 5 gameplay is already being used as the base- but they will always try to make it feel in-line with Halo in the end, and people will ultimately defend it.

They're either going to try some sort of hero-based gametype, or carefully and subtly integrate hero shooter aspects into every part of the game along with classic Halo aspects with the intent to delay complaints; which seems to work best as I've never seen a Halo game defended so intensely initially and then completely abandoned later.

• Upvote (+1) 1

And here I thought you couldn't improve on perfection. Boy was I fucking wrong.

Well, hold on to your hat sir...the anniversary version is even more perfect.

KLbB047.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 6

Thanks fellas. It was such a thrill to be able to do that. Jeenyus was awesome too, and super fun to cast with.

Yeah good job on that cast.  Was so much fun to watch.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Going through some of my old YouTube videos. One of my most viewed and commented. Lol, almost forgot. 

The comment section continues to give me cancer. "Learn how to land your shots"? fuck outta here.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well, hold on to your hat sir...the anniversary version is even more perfect.

KLbB047.jpg

oh my I lol'ed so hard.  My cube mate was like, what happened?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I can already see how this is going to go down.

343 introduces classes. No, they're not load outs, you can tell by the way they are.

Then when you try to draw similarities to load outs,

"They're not load outs. They're classes."

56 upvotes.

"But they have all the traits of load outs. They're just calling it something else."

-23 upvotes

everyone who then disagrees is then a 343 hater, and nostalgiablinded

343 trademark phrasing: 

I will not pay $10 for new voice announcers for a game I don't play any more. Pisses me off they are charging for it. Talk about some fucking gall.

Oh fucking well.

I listened to the three wav files and they inspired no hype in me anyways.

Server browser and PC fixes is literally all I'm hyped for at this point. I pray to the spaghetti monster it is included in the subtly mentioned massive forge update.

"New to Halo 6 is a mechanic called Smart-Legs, which allows Spartan-IVs to strategically alter their movement speed in the heat of battle. Uh. Risk-reward. Tactics. Immersion."

Lieutenant Dan, you got new legs.

Did you forget the smart boots, which will allow for wall running?

To reach those hard to get to escape routes when sprint thrust clamber is not enough. ;)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wrote a much longer, nastier post about the community update that i decided was simply not going to be productive in any way and i have better shit to do with my time, so i'll just leave this here instead:

For how long that update was, there was a surprising lack of stuff that actually matters to my gameplay experience.  Color me shocked

Now if you'll excuse me i have to go re-watch Westworld from the beginning to figure out all of this [redacted] craziness.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I guess I won't be getting the voice pack unless you can get it with REQ points as well.

I wrote a much longer, nastier post about the community update that i decided was simply not going to be productive in any way and i have better shit to do with my time, so i'll just leave this here instead:

For how long that update was, there was a surprising lack of stuff that actually matters to my gameplay experience.  Color me shocked

Now if you'll excuse me i have to go re-watch Westworld from the beginning to figure out all of this [redacted] craziness.

Does it get good? 5 eps in I was bored as hell.

I mean after MCC and H5, the concept of 343 making a Halo game is just kind of saddening and funny. Halo is becoming less and less relevant with each subsequent release. I'm hoping HW2 can change this, but so far, I got more excited about Mick Gordon coming on stage and just totally obliterating my insides with the DOOM OST than I did about Wars 2.

Honestly, they should just ditch the games and start making animated movies like the new trailer. They're better at that than game making.