CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Your average H5 Warzone player, particularly when the game had a more respectable population, is not good at the game. So, yeah, you can shit on those kids if you have thumbs. That doesn't have any relevance to my point at all and if you are playing against even half decent players abusing REQs, you sure as fuck DO need them to compete. I am aware that WZFF is worse in that regard, but that's hardly relevant.

​It's not faulty logic at all. You are conflating the practical reality of the game (that players mostly care about more the REQ bullshit) with the rationale for wildly imbalanced payouts for both RP and XP in Warzone. RP is practically more valuable because the actual rewards for leveling up are shit. Does that mean that the XP payout wasn't balanced to drive people towards WZ and buying REQs? No. If they didn't solely want people buying REQ packs, they would have more meaningful achievement-based unlocks. Instead, the entire system is built around REQs. That Spartan Rank is the lesser of these two systems in terms of actual payout doesn't contradict my argument at all. In fact, for the reason above, it arguably supports it. SR is a reward system that DOESN'T rely on random packs that you can buy for real money, which is why the unlocks suck. And yet the XP payout for the mode built around that random card system are significantly better anyway, providing an additional incentive for players to focus on Warzone, the mode where REQs are the most relevant and can be burnt through very quickly. SR being comparatively worthless further emphasizes the value of the reward system that makes them money. And still where were the people who were grinding for 152 (like Wasp) playing the overwhelming majority of the time? Warzone.

​I don't really care what you've personally said while playing Warzone. I'm sure not using REQs against a full team abusing them works out GREAT. As I said, the reality is that a lot of Wz players suck at the game and do need those advantages to get kills.

Just because somebody doesn't do well in arena, doesn't mean they suck. Completely different gametypes.

Just because somebody doesn't do well in arena, doesn't mean they suck. Completely different gametypes.

lolwat? Did I say that? No, I didn't. And yes, they are different in that Warzone is much easier.

Honestly thrust makes what would be cool plays boring because it just flings you at the press of a button. Like imagine trying to ninja that guy without it, or with a different ability like a wall kick.

• Upvote (+1) 7

So, I know most people think Vegas was a trash event (and trust me... it wasn't run well...), but I'm super glad I went. I know most people didn't even notice, but I just had zero drive to take part in the Halo community for a while. I think a lot of it was me being exhausted for basically... having my entire life be Halo when I was at 343.

Either way - point being I went to Vegas and was reminded of how much I love the Halo community. We don't have a perfect game, we don't have a perfect developer, and we don't have a perfect tournament environment. Given all that, I still want to take part and try to help improve all of the above and play Halo.

So, if anyone wants to play soon - hit me up.

I thought I'd ask you about your thoughts on Josh Holmes leaving 343, and if there's anything you could tell us about our new overlord Chris. If memory serves me right, you were a part of 343 at some point, yes?

I thought I'd ask you about your thoughts on Josh Holmes leaving 343, and if there's anything you could tell us about our new overlord Chris. If memory serves me right, you were a part of 343 at some point, yes?

I'm not surprised Josh left - he's passionate about games and was probably ready for something new. I can respect that. I wouldn't be surprised if he joined up with Brian Lemon, Kevin Franklin, and Walshy at Firststrike Games.

I can't really tell you much about Chris Lee. I knew him pretty well, but never really worked with him in a professional capacity. All I can say is that he's hilarious, incredibly approachable, and undoubtedly passionate. How that will translate to the Halo community... I have no idea. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Whatever happened to them adding Orion to team slayer

Don't fucking remind them.
  • Upvote (+1) 6

lolwat? Did I say that? No, I didn't. And yes, they are different in that Warzone is much easier.

I was trying to trigger you. Dammit.

Don't fucking remind them.

DUDE WHAT THE HELL IS WITH YOUR SIG

Its 5 fucking AM and I didn't expect Cena-mania to show up

DUDE WHAT THE HELL IS WITH YOUR SIG

Its 5 fucking AM and I didn't expect Cena-mania to show up

Are you sure about that?

• Upvote (+1) 3

I was actually enjoying the anniversary playlist (until the fucking menus randomly stopped working, 10/10 programming right there). It's amazing how something as simple as a competent utility weapon that can let the player make plays quickly just enhances the whole metagame. I mean, it's been showcased before, to varying degrees, with OG Halo 1, Reach GoldPro, and MCC Halo 1, but I guess we need to keep reminding people. Just buff the sandbox around this pistol and you could make this the standard H5 meta.

But NOPE, we gotta roll with starting weapons that are so dinky and piss-weak that the fucking BR and storm rifle are power weapons by comparison, because UNITY and NOT ENUFF SKILL.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I was actually enjoying the anniversary playlist (until the fucking menus randomly stopped working, 10/10 programming right there). It's amazing how something as simple as a competent utility weapon that can let the player make plays quickly just enhances the whole metagame. I mean, it's been showcased before, to varying degrees, with OG Halo 1, Reach GoldPro, and MCC Halo 1, but I guess we need to keep reminding people. Just buff the sandbox around this pistol and you could make this the standard H5 meta.

But NOPE, we gotta roll with starting weapons that are so dinky and piss-weak that the fucking BR and storm rifle are power weapons by comparison, because UNITY and NOT ENUFF SKILL.

A big problem is that the geniouses at 343 don't understand that ease of use is a critical factor of weapon balance. The H5 Halo ONE Pistol is probably what they think the CE pistol actually works like. (which is also why they refer to it as this OP game-breaking god gun).

As long as 343 keeps adding guns with a built-in aimbot the sandbox will remain broken. They either have to nerf the shit out of these weapons (H5 magnum) or they make them powerful enough to break the game (H4 beam rifle).

• Upvote (+1) 5

Played overwatch this weekend. Then played MWR and a bit of destiny. Swapped between all of them no problem.

then hopped on halo last night and couldnt aim for shit. Got cussed out by teammates cuz i kept missing shots in battles i should have been ahead in. I Was awful. I forget how bad the aiming is intil i play other games for a bit and come back to halo.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Played overwatch this weekend. Then played MWR and a bit of destiny. Swapped between all of them no problem.

then hopped on halo last night and couldnt aim for shit. Got cussed out by teammates cuz i kept missing shots in battles i should have been ahead in. I Was awful. I forget how bad the aiming is intil i play other games for a bit and come back to halo.

I hear you. I didn't really agree with the aiming complaints in Halo 5 at first. I guess after playing the campaign, I slowly got used to it and then didn't notice it in multiplayer. It wasn't until I played Star Wars: Battlefront for a week or two and then came back to Halo 5 that I noticed it as clear as night and day. It became unplayable for me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hear you. I didn't really agree with the aiming complaints in Halo 5 at first. I guess after playing the campaign, I slowly got used to it and then didn't notice it in multiplayer. It wasn't until I played Star Wars: Battlefront for a week or two and then came back to Halo 5 that I noticed it as clear as night and day. It became unplayable for me.

To be fair, Battlefront literally aims for you. It's so piss-poor easy that even I​ am good at the game.

Overwatch aim on console is just as fucked as halo 5

• Upvote (+1) 3

Before I got BF1, I decided to replay the Halo 5 campaign to see if my views on it had changed, but with one catch: I would only have the background music from old Halos and the SPV3 OST. I got to The Breaking while listening to Covenant Dance and it was timed so perfectly to the encounters in the mission. Then Rock Anthem played right after, starting exactly on the final encounter before you fight the Wardens. I have never had goosebumps playing a video game as much as I did in that final fight with that specific song playing. You guys REALLY need to try doing this. (Covie Dance starts at 44:00 if you are going to try it). It really made me realize how boring Halo 5's soundtrack was.

I think your controller finally morally rejected you once it found out how much you farm in Warzone so it's not turning on in protest.  :lxthul:

QUICK CORES BRO!

Overwatch aim on console is just as fucked as halo 5

Agreed. This has been brought up before and I said this back then, but I don't know how anyone could be fine with Overwatch's sluggish aiming but have issues with Halo 5's. They're both pretty bad and noticeable to me.

@@ThievinStealbrg what is your GT for BF1?

• Upvote (+1) 3