CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Remember 2015 E3 when Reed and O'Connor were talking about how they wanted grunts to be funny again, and then they showed that campaign sequence with the grunt on fire yelling 'I regret everything!!!' (so funny bro!!)?

I swear to god within minutes r/halo was flooded with posts that were basically "omfg grunts r hilari0us in this game thank u 343 we back!!!!". Bunch of fucking followers.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

According to Holmes, he had very little input on Breakout except for the original idea.

But yeah, I'm sure he's a stellar dude but he didn't know what made Halo good.

Come again? Quinn said Kevin was the lead of the entire multiplayer (Arena + Warzone), and that Breakout was his 'baby'.

I'd bet my bottom dollar that he had the reigns on majority of the decision making for Breakout.

Come again? Quinn said Kevin was the lead of the entire multiplayer (Arena + Warzone), and that Breakout was his 'baby'.

I'd bet my bottom dollar that he had the reigns on majority of the decision making for Breakout.

Can we all at least celebrate this one leaving
  • Upvote (+1) 4

To be accurate, Kevin is the lead over all of Multiplayer (MP design director, reporting to Tim). Breakout was his idea originally, based on his experiences playing competitive paintball. He worked on the prototype, years ago but since then the Arena team has been running with it and it's changed a lot over time. Quinn is an MP Designer on Arena and his counterpart on Warzone would be Lawrence.

• Upvote (+1) 2

To be accurate, Kevin is the lead over all of Multiplayer (MP design director, reporting to Tim). Breakout was his idea originally, based on his experiences playing competitive paintball. He worked on the prototype, years ago but since then the Arena team has been running with it and it's changed a lot over time. Quinn is an MP Designer on Arena and his counterpart on Warzone would be Lawrence.

Good citation, credit where credit is due. But considering Breakout was barely changed since Beta (relative to the rest of the Arena suite), I'd say young K Frank's "prototype" was a bigger wall to mantle clamber than Josh had described.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Good citation, credit where credit is due. But considering Breakout was barely changed since Beta (relative to the rest of the Arena suite), I'd say young K Frank's "prototype" was a bigger wall to mantle clamber than Josh had described.

Maybe he was talking about the long awaited Breakout refresh with SHOTGUN STARTS that had been in the works for years?

:flip:

• Upvote (+1) 4

What a turd. I can literally hear his little squeaker voice uttering the words as I read them.

Seriously, this guy is incredibly hostile towards anyone who thinks Halo 5 isn't the bees knees. Just look at his post history.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Jesus Christ I come to this forum and everyone's getting +rep up the ass. I'm not super jealous or anything...

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

What are the odds the aiming is fixed for halo 6? I might actually enjoy halo 5 if I could fucking aim

Aiming in Halo 5 while feeling like shit is pathetically easy.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Guys is it possible to miss a shot with the Halo One Pistol ????

After going 28 - 0 at the weekend, i realised it is possible, just really hard.

Aiming in Halo 5 while feeling like shit is pathetically easy.

I guess I just suck then. Although I consistently get onyx searching solo, idk if that is an accomplishment or not, but there are so many games where I feel like I am sucking because of the shitty aiming system instead of just making bad plays.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Any further news on the MCC update/H3A thing? God I want that to be true. I don't even want H3A, I just want an update and an honest apology from 343.

We have a better chance of getting that post-mortem breakdown of what went wrong with MCC than getting an apology from 343.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Have you tried not posting in it

That requires taking the high road, an ability possessed by a person with a healthy mental state...

something all of us in this thread are lacking.

That requires taking the high road, an ability possessed by a person with a healthy mental state...

If someone's gonna act like they're above everyone in this thread then I expect them to follow through and not post :P
  • Upvote (+1) 2

You take the high road,

I'll take the low. 

There! The crevasse!

Fill it with your mighty juice!

You take the high road,

I'll take the low.

There! The crevasse!

Case and point. Just another day at Stealbrg Investealgations, LLC.

Correction: *Case in point.* Here at Stealbrg Investealgations, we try to never sell anything short of perfection.

《TRY》

• Upvote (+1) 1

If someone's gonna act like they're above everyone in this thread then I expect them to follow through and not post :P

But then if you leave them, how are you supposed to let them know you're better than them?

CONSTANTLY?

Have you tried not posting in it

Have y'all tried not playing Halo 5?  :bman:

Can confirm

I guess 343 is taking the high road then. And others should probably do so to when it at least comes to discussing other communities, but until then I guess I'll jump on the bandwagon

You take the high road,

I'll take the low. 

There! The crevasse!

Bro! Did you make that avatar? Sick. 

Edit: Nvm, found the site where you did that. My name doesn't look so cool lol. 

• Upvote (+1) 1