CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

This is true. I've only ever used my AR to cleanup. While I don't think that is the only thing the Assualt Rifle should do, I perfer it this way instead of just spraying and hoping things work out.

Lol well i guess thats one of the problems isnt it? You're not spraying and hoping its going to work out, you're spraying and knowing its going to work out.

• Upvote (+1) 4

There's a very easy way to balance automatics with a fast killing precision weapon just give the automatics a faster kill time then the average kill time but have the perfect kill time exceed the automatic weapons kill time.

So that way having better aim with your utility weapon is rewarded but gives automatics a chance in close range though having projectiles and low magnetism is obviously needed so the perfect kill time takes skill to achieve.

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/5dbrd6/anniversary_throwback_the_classic_playlist_we/

ske7ch replied to this thread with some info: 

"Good post! No arguments here that there's certainly a pretty large group of players who want that classic gameplay style playlist. This throwback playlist was never intended to be the response to that as I've been poking around it's clear that it's been an ongoing topic internally that certainly has support. I'm working to better understand any internal concerns that may exist and how/when something like this can officially get implemented into matchmaking. Constructive posts are definitely helpful! (and I know there are a few community accepted classic game variants that have been floating around for a while)"

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey @@Chroma XV, I just want to put a disclaimer out there that that last game I did awful in was on a massive TV with really bad input lag. I was testing it out, I'm not sure why, I knew it would be bad. I'm used to playing up close on a 120 Hz 1ms input lag screen.  Just FYI. I'm sure you were wondering why I played so bad.

Note to self: Massive 4k TV: good for movies and TV, really bad for competitive FPS.

look, of course H5 has problems, but literally 12 months of shitposting and complaining in this thread has completely destroyed any meaningful discussion ... every other post is "I'm quitting this game" or "fuck 343" etc. 

You can look at my entire Halo 5 Discussion  post history if you want to see meaningful discussion, I don't know about your input though

• Upvote (+1) 2

Pretty embarrassing that in 5 years or whatever its been, the only good thing 343 have done is Halo 5s killfeed.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Pretty embarrassing that in 5 years or whatever its been, the only good thing 343 have done is Halo 5s killfeed.

H5 Forge is dope.  Shame the custom game options dont live up to the same standard though.

H5 Forge is dope. Shame the custom game options dont live up to the same standard though.

It is good,but I'm not a fan of what the forge maps look like. H3 still has the best looking forge maps for me.

It is good,but I'm not a fan of what the forge maps look like. H3 still has the best looking forge maps for me.

I know what you mean but i think it depends on the style of map.  I agree maps built from basic pieces to look like human installations for instance def look better in H3 but some of the forge maps in the infection playlist for example look really good.  I think the area where H5 forge really shows its strengths is in puzzle-style maps, which i do like to dabble in from time to time.

Yay! Managed to have a game in the classic playlist where I slayed (28 kills) and got a message calling me a f aggot and cheater in an audio message.

DELICIOUS

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know what you mean but i think it depends on the style of map. I agree maps built from basic pieces to look like human installations for instance def look better in H3 but some of the forge maps in the infection playlist for example look really good. I think the area where H5 forge really shows its strengths is in puzzle-style maps, which i do like to dabble in from time to time.

Yeah some do look good. Its just the art style if anything is what puts me off.

Yeah some do look good. Its just the art style if anything is what puts me off.

Fair enough, H3 def had a darker overall look to it which did make for some cool looking maps.

That makes no sense. There's literally more you can implement into Forge 5. 3's forge is objectively worse

Most people are gonna be really confused by this but I get what you mean. Up until Halo 5, h3 was still my favorite looking object palette, and then the metal maps from H2a a close second.

The green foundry boxes against the Brown walls were really nice. Sandbox had awesome looking stone as well. I'd kill for those textures in H5.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Thanks to all those who made me feel welcome here on the forums before, just getting back on here now! Two things here, one the halo CE pistol on throwback is didicuously easy to use. I played a kid that had 14 perfects the other day and was a diamond 2 in arena. Number two is I have been having alot of sucess with the BR beating out most of the automatics the better I get with it, but only from a midrange distance. I think a the only close range weapon I would keep is the brute because you have to change weapons usually to get the kill. The rest certainly need some sort of nerf, even for a player at my level. I would even say they get abused even more at lower levels because thats all they can use. I also think this game would be a little more fun if they would remove maybe one power weapon on alot of maps. For example rig slayer I constantly am running into people with power weapons and individual skill goes out the door. I think we need more one on one gun battles and less of guys spamming a plasma caster. Im sure all of this has been discussed, but Im late to the party. Sorry guys.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That makes no sense. There's literally more you can implement into Forge 5. 3's forge is objectively worse

I was talking about the looks of the objects. I just prefer the visuals to H3 forge maps over H5. Not to mention the over exaggerated sun glare in H5.

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/5dbrd6/anniversary_throwback_the_classic_playlist_we/

Everyone who is upset with the current Anniversary playlist should probably note that the thread getting the most upvotes complaining about it still wants us to start with the CE pistol.

That is REALLY not what I want at all out of a classic playlist, and I'm sure most here would agree.

Not out of a classic playlist, no. But out of a 15 year HCE anniversary playlist, yes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not out of a classic playlist, no. But out of a 15 year HCE anniversary playlist, yes.

But still, the abilities...

Also does it bother anyone else that OS is behind the wrong base in Battle Creek TS?  I mean, how hard is it? Accurate item placement should literally be the easiest part of forging a remake.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Have played only a handful of games of Halo since Overwatch came out.  Is there anything new going on? I played the Classic Playlist the other day for the anniversary which was pretty fun but would have been better w/ no H5 abilities.

Anything new in H5 or the Halo world or should I just stick w/ OW.