CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

The CE Pistol is on its own level of easy to use.

The aim magnetism/assist has to be similar to normal pistol. I just love the fast kill times. Really opens up the individual skill gap

The aim magnetism/assist has to be similar to normal pistol. I just love the fast kill times. Really opens up the individual skill gap

More so the fact you could be aiming at someone's chest and get a headshot.

More so the fact you could be aiming at someone's chest and get a headshot.

If that's true then I agree with you. Tis a shame

Killtime's cool, and mitigates a lot of the issues I have with Spartan Abilities, but yeah, it's easy as hell. You can aim at the mid chest area and still get a headshot. It's brutally easy to use. Still fun to ACTUALLY be able to outplay an AR. I don't care how easy the precision weapon is, nothing's more satisfying than 3 shotting some scrub watching his radar for you, while crouching with that bastard weapon.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I understand everyone being upset that they are trying to mesh H1 with H5 but as someone said earlier this isnt suppose to be a true H1 throwback playlist. In all honesty the maps are beautiful and the playlist is the best one in the entire game.

I would love for them to keep it and add in H2 BR starts on H2 maps.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I understand everyone being upset that they are trying to mesh H1 with H5 but as someone said earlier this isnt suppose to be a true H1 throwback playlist. In all honesty the maps are beautiful and the playlist is the best one in the entire game.

I would love for them to keep it and add in H2 BR starts on H2 maps.

fully agreed

the maps are aces, and the playlist is a lot of fun. Big vote to keep it. This is fun. Why do people here want to ruin everything?

Just wish the CE pistol had less magnetism

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

fully agreed

the maps are aces, and the playlist is a lot of fun. Big vote to keep it. This is fun. Why do people here want to ruin everything?

My apologies for actually having standards ruining everything.

• Upvote (+1) 5

fully agreed

343 said the playlist would have old school action and that's not there in the playlist. So, nobody should be blamed for being misled.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Can't wait to Clamber my way up to the top of Prisoner, and Bum Jump to the broken bridges in Chill-Out, or Ground Pound from top catwalks on Damnation... /sarcasm

CE plays amazing for it's own reasons, so remaking these maps with H5 mechanics will be really weird. It's the same thing for Halo 3 and it's maps, those worked fine for that game because of the games mechanics. Imagine playing Narrows in Halo CE? It'd be shit.

Yeah, it does ruin the flow of those maps.  Maybe i have too many feelings tied up with them but i got so pissed the first time i got spartan charged.  It just felt like that person had sullied the map with their filthy mechanics.

Well, I tried the new playlist; for about 40 seconds before I just decided to quit before I developed a migraine. That fucking magnum was forged by satan himself. How? How can they think it's fun getting cross mapped by such a ridiculously easy to use, overpowered weapon? It doesn't function like the CE magnum AT ALL. I didn't think I was going to immediately dislike it, but here I am.

I do enjoy it but the H5 magnum has way too much magnetism which subtracts from the fun somewhat

I keep getting terrible spawns in the new playlist. Also why is there sprint? You can turn it off on this cant you?

Unfortunately the spawn system on CE worked well (mostly) for the speed of movement but sprint etc allows collapses so fast it becomes intensely frustrating if your team is bad.

Genuine question.  Why does the aim/magnetism have to be similar to the H5 pistol?  Seems a little strange to remake a weapon for the sake of nostalgia then change how it feels and shoots.  But the 3sk does counteract act the fast movement and thrust escapes somewhat.

tried that "classic" playlist thing...

• Aiming is still fucked
  • SA's/sprint still suck
  • Radar still sucks
  • Halo ONE pistol ist still too easy

-> playlist is better then regular H5 but still not really enough to keep me playing

no the less, this is probably the funniest thing that happend to me during H5

love how you can see that red dot bouncing back and forth while that poor guy tries to follow me through that teleporter :intensifies:

lol its amazing how many times they tried to come through.

The aim magnetism/assist has to be similar to normal pistol.

It's not. Everything in the the circle hits, usually curving towards the head.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The CE Pistol is on its own level of easy to use.

I like CE.  But I am not good at CE.

Yesterday in the throwback playlist i went something like 22-5, 3ing people across the fucking map.  That pistol is so easy, its really not fun to play.

Can someone give me a quick rundown of how the original CE pistol worked? I play Halo CE's campaign a lot and trying to headshot elites works about 25 percent of the time.

Can someone give me a quick rundown of how the original CE pistol worked? I play Halo CE's campaign a lot and trying to headshot elites works about 25 percent of the time.

I dont know all the technical details but first of all are you talking the original CE campaign or the MCC CEA version?  The major difference between the H5 CE magnum and the original is the insane amount of bullet magnetism that has been added.  The original had minimal aim assist and bullet mag but the H5 has a little more aim assist and alot more bullet mag.  If your talking about the MCC version then things get alot more weird as the bullet mag is pretty high but can act very strangely at seemingly random points (like bending towards scenery rather than the head).

Also someone please correct me if i am wrong but the H5 CE magnum is hitscan whereas the original was projectile making longshots harder.

Other than that i think the ttk is the same (0.6 seconds is the fastest) but i would imagine the average ttk has decreased with the H5 version.

• Upvote (+1) 1

fully agreed

whoa whoa, that's way too much positivity for this thread, you might want to qualify that with a rant about how you're quitting Halo because of 343 but will still be posting regularly for some reason

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 5

I played quite a few Throwback games last night searching solo. I was actually having a lot of fun with it. It definitely could be a lot better but I think it's better than regular arena. If they removed all the spartan abilities and upped the strafe, upped the movement speed a bit, and added more maps, it would be a playlist I would come back to play regularly.  Especially if it was ranked. Even in it's current state, I'd love for the playlist to stay.  Like I said, I had more fun playing this playlist than default Halo 5 arena. Even searching solo. 

Here are some clips I captured from the games I played last night if you are interested in how it plays. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

You probably hold the trigger.