CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

343 has gone so deep in this modern Halo that they now can't get out of it. As for 343, they show zero signs of bringing Halo back. Actually, after the "classic" playlists, I'm pretty sure our odds are in the negatives at this point.

Yeah, my guess is the only way we're getting a classic Halo again is if they do some type of spin-off game.

CoD players want "boots on the ground", they get jetpacks. CoD population takes a huge hit.

Halo players want no sprint, we get sprint. Population takes a huge hit.

Battlefield players wanted a World War 1 or 2 game, they got sci f- oh wait no the developers gave them what they wanted and it's the best selling Battlefield of all time.

I'm seeing a trend here. Maybe Battlefield 1 will spark a renaissance of "classic" gameplay styles, none of this "add a shitload of new gimmicks instead of refining" crap that AAA dev's keep doing. Modern Warfare remastered has way more players than IW. Please let sprint-ledgehump Halo die and have a return to classic Halo.

Good progression systems overlaying a simple formula are what make players return, not gimmcks.

I'm afraid 343 is pretty dead set on installing H5's gameplay foundation as the new "classic" which they want to "refine"...

Shout loud enough and someone will hear you.

"discussed and seems inevitable"

that sounds even less insuring then the stuff they said about split screen..

but mayby it's just the confirmation that H3A will happen the same way HCE happend...just one year to go folks :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Metal Gear is going the zombie survival route.

I'm not sure what Resident Evil is doing but I'm sure that whatever it is, it's not a true RE4 successor.

Who even knows what will come next.

Why can't companies just make games for their fanbase...

By the way you're a fool if you buy into that whole classic playlist thing at this point.  Sorry not sorry.

PSA: Gold Req Packs currently 45 points on Bing Rewards... a steal given that $5 gift cards are usually 5000 points. I just got 60+ gold req packs from accrued points.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm going to keep my eye on what happens with the next FPS release. I'm not sure how I feel about the MP. I enjoy it, but the population isn't sustainable in Oceania and the game is pretty much dead nowadays, even in Warzone, and its not going to be any better if they keep going with the spartan abilities stuff.

I'm not sure why they are so hesitant to make a Halo game. Most of the people still buying the games are with the franchise still because of the OG Trilogy, and going back to that classic formula and gameplay would bring back those that had less patience than the rest of us.

IW ignored the fans with CoD:IW. It sold poorly.

343i have repeatedly ignored the fans. The sales are plummeting.

DICE/EA listened and didn't go the sci fi route and gave us a shooter in a historical setting. Record sales, excellent reviews.

Sooooo Listening=Happy Customer=Sales=$$$

343 its simple maths.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'm afraid 343 is pretty dead set on installing H5's gameplay foundation as the new "classic" which they want to "refine"...

"discussed and seems inevitable"

that sounds even less insuring then the stuff they said about split screen..

but mayby it's just the confirmation that H3A will happen the same way HCE happend...just one year to go folks :kappa:

thats me in the twitter pic above,Yayy im famous haha.Check my twitch,thats me too

• Downvote (-1) 1

That ending line is the most iconic thing ever said it Halo so it might not be but it would make the perfect lead into H3. That and it sort of looked like the H3 background for the main menu overlapping the helmet at the end.

Don't remember any menu in Halo 3 that had a large planet on the left side. The last line would make sense, though. To be honest, as much as I "don't" think H3A will happen, I REALLY want it to.

Don't remember any menu in Halo 3 that had a large planet on the left side. The last line would make sense, though. To be honest, as much as I "don't" think H3A will happen, I REALLY want it to.

Planet? What I'm seeing the clouds with the flashes of lightning behind it.

They literally could create the settings for the game type in like two minutes.

Yes but at 343 they have to have meetings for 3 years before they make a decision of any magnitude.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

well Dice just dropped a patch worth of 12 pages of patch notes...

Simply creating those notes must have taken a greater effort then all the actual H5 patches combined :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 5

Yeah I saw the reflection on the helmet too and I'm not really sure what that is. It looks like cut scene material from H4/H5 or maybe one of the Halo Wars games. Was mainly just talking about the clouds and lightning though

well Dice just dropped a patch worth of 12 pages of patch notes...

Simply creating those notes must have taken a greater effort then all the actual H5 patches combined :kappa:

jesus

CoD players want "boots on the ground", they get jetpacks. CoD population takes a huge hit.

Halo players want no sprint, we get sprint. Population takes a huge hit.

Battlefield players wanted a World War 1 or 2 game, they got sci f- oh wait no the developers gave them what they wanted and it's the best selling Battlefield of all time.

I'm seeing a trend here. Maybe Battlefield 1 will spark a renaissance of "classic" gameplay styles, none of this "add a shitload of new gimmicks instead of refining" crap that AAA dev's keep doing. Modern Warfare remastered has way more players than IW. Please let sprint-ledgehump Halo die and have a return to classic Halo.

Good progression systems overlaying a simple formula are what make players return, not gimmcks.

I hope it happens but if Counter-Strike didn't convince people that simple mechanics can work and be popular in an FPS in this day and age then nothing will. Console FPS mechanics have been borderline garbage for years at this point. I have no idea how this feature creep even happened or why everyone thinks trying to do the same thing as everyone else will be the best thing

• Upvote (+1) 3

They're too busy making pizza skins to hear you.

I don't understand who said 'ok' for that to happen.

That idea had to go through a layer of management you know, was the management layer smoking weed when they let the idea go through?

I don't understand who said 'ok' for that to happen.

That idea had to go through a layer of management you know, was the management layer smoking weed when they let the idea go through?

Are you really upset about a pizza skin lmao

• Upvote (+1) 1