CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Based on what? It's always pretty high on twitch and it hovers around 6-8th on most played.

Give him a break. He's a Halo fan. We're not used to seeing population numbers.

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/5cbxe7/the_classic_playlist_that_was_teased_wont/d9wkdr0/?context=3

Well I got a response from Ske7ch about trying to get the evolved settings in for the classic playlist it's not changing and it seems like there plan was to always use Halo 5's base gameplay from the way he worded it.  :uncledrew:

This sketch guys seems even more useless than Bravo was.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Y'know despite all this classic playlist BS, I still really like Ske7ch. He's brutally honest, he was up front about the classic playlist. Considering he just started out working at 343, it makes sense that his bringing the knowledge of the botched playlist to us was fairly late. He's still getting his bearings. Hell, you could even tell he knew people wouldn't be happy about the whole debacle, hence the "Manage your expectations" warning. The info he relayed is shitty, yes, but personally I feel the gap between the devs and the playerbase is thinning. IMO, of course.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

I'm sorry, I have not been in this thread since the summer.

But I recently saw 343 is giving an update for a classic playlist which is featuring CE maps.

Can someone please tell me if there is a dedicated thread to this playlist, and/or if there is any additional information on here (like is the playlist CE maps with no abilities, etc.)

Thank you in advance.

I'm sorry, I have not been in this thread since the summer.

But I recently saw 343 is giving an update for a classic playlist which is featuring CE maps.

Can someone please tell me if there is a dedicated thread to this playlist, and/or if there is any additional information on here (like is the playlist CE maps with no abilities, etc.)

Thank you in advance.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/who-s-excited-for-a-classic-playlist/d9eaab0b-39e3-4af1-861a-19b1fd3c2531/posts?page=1#post12

It's default H5 (so, Spartan Abilties ON) with Halo One Pistol starts on CE forge remakes. It's a joke.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Based on what? It's always pretty high on twitch and it hovers around 6-8th on most played.

They were most likely talking about the PC version I should have said. If there's one FPS I would not bother playing on PC it's Cod. A lot of people are the same.

Halo 5 ranking System:

- Putting people into Onyx 1500 no matter what they do.

- Putting People into Platnum 5 even with 10/10 wins and 4.0 K/D. (not letting you have control of your placing)

- Not letting people derank into a lower Division. 

- Not showing the ranks people achieved in the game and its playlists. If you check my profile right now you cant see any ranks I ever had.

- Resetting the ranks every month takes away a lot of motivation. No point to start playing at october 25. because they reset soon anyway.

- Ranking up 1-3 CSR for a win and  then ranking down 25-30 CSR per loss was the reason at the end that made me stop playing completly.

- No party restrictions making the whole thing worthless anyway.

I prefer 1-50 over this^. I have to be insane.

You also forgot the fact that  a player's MMR has more influence on who they match, instead of CSR.

• Upvote (+1) 2

No.

I don't care if they changed the name of it to "Halo: Combat Evolved Pistol" in-game, I'm going to keep calling it the "Halo One Pistol" because it doesn't function like the original weapon in any way. Fake pistol.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Last time I looked IW was at #2 on the most played list and MWR was at #6. If MWR starts to be sold on its own, that gap may become quite small.

That gap would be reversed if MWR could be bought as a stand alone game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't care if they changed the name of it to "Halo: Combat Evolved Pistol" in-game, I'm going to keep calling it the "Halo One Pistol" because it doesn't function like the original weapon in any way. Fake pistol.

Sounds like someone doesn't know how to not lead their shots.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Y'know despite all this classic playlist BS, I still really like Ske7ch. He's brutally honest, he was up front about the classic playlist. Considering he just started out working at 343, it makes sense that his bringing the knowledge of the botched playlist to us was fairly late. He's still getting his bearings. Hell, you could even tell he knew people wouldn't be happy about the whole debacle, hence the "Manage your expectations" warning. The info he relayed is shitty, yes, but personally I feel the gap between the devs and the playerbase is thinning. IMO, of course.

He seems like an improvement over Bravo (not hard) and a bit of transparency is certainly a shock after what we got for the past year, but it doesn't mean much if he's completely impotent and absolutely nothing comes of it. I'll wait for results before I give him much credit. Like, for example, if they replaced this horrific playlist with Evolved settings.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Sounds like someone doesn't know how to not lead their shots.

You got me. The aiming skill required to use the Halo One Pistol is greater than that of McCree's Peacekeeper on console. I can't hang.

• Upvote (+1) 4

You got me. The aiming skill required to use the Halo One Pistol is greater than that of McCree's Peacekeeper on console. I can't hang.

YOU ARE NOT MCCREE
  • Upvote (+1) 3

I bet you call the H2 BR the Halo Two BR.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've been getting empire and stasis all night. I fucking hate it

And can we get rid of fuel on truth already,? No one likes it

• Upvote (+1) 1

The classic playlist sounds like it's going to be a peice of shit, but what was sketch supposed to do? The playlist comes out in two days.

Did you think a Reddit post linking to a TB forum was going to spur 343 to change course?

The problem is that the decision making at 343 happens in a vacuum that doesn't consider community expectations. Sketch wasn't even around when these decisions were made.

At least Ske7ch recognized that the community would expect something different (I.e. Better) out of the mode, and told us what we needed to know to ahead of time so as not to get our hopes up. We wouldn't have gotten a clue from the previous guy.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I hate the information Ske7ch had to share but I'm extremely satisfied that he provided concrete information and set expectations properly. That is leagues better than anything 343 ever does with regards to future updates. I'm also happy that he appeared reasonable and acknowledged what the community likely wanted and expected when they heard "classic" playlist. It shows that he understands and we're not talking to a wall.

• Upvote (+1) 6

H3a a billion percent confirmed. God their videos are so cheesy.

That ending line is the most iconic thing ever said it Halo so it might not be but it would make the perfect lead into H3. That and it sort of looked like the H3 background for the main menu overlapping the helmet at the end.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That ending line is the most iconic thing ever said it Halo so it might not be but it would make the perfect lead into H3. That and it sort of looked like the H3 background for the main menu overlapping the helmet at the end.

Me after seeing the background https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5M5HxCseqRHco3GfV3pSeZW2SqtgKux1AK5CTCStXeG6MKqxt

I might need to get an xbox one again.