CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Frankie has not been reliable since MCC's launch. All he does is lie or gives snark to anyone that doesn't like Halo 5. He should be 100% ignored.

And about H3A, I do think it will be done at some point. It's still the most successful Halo title in every category that you can measure success. If it is remade, Microsoft must not allow 343 to touch it. Not just because I think know they'll do a poor job in respecting it's original vision but because 343 has the stain of the MCC on them and because of 343 never fixing it, it will never wash off.

It must also be on the PC. This is all we need.

• Improved texture visuals
  • Ability to create servers
  • Every DLC map
  • The file share is revamped to fit the PC
  • 1:1 gameplay remake (this is why 343 must not be involved)

Optional

• A true map editor
  • Options to change weapon and grenade properties (fire rate, cap size, etc.)
  • Improved Theater features (possibly true rewind?)
  • Increase player cap

That's fucking it. Sell that shit on the PC and call the series done. Go make Halo 12: Cortana's Twin for all I care. We'll have the dream game.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Frankie has not been reliable since MCC's launch. All he does is lie or gives snark to anyone that doesn't like Halo 5. He should be 100% ignored.

And about H3A, I do think it will be done at some point. It's still the most successful Halo title in every category that you can measure success. If it is remade, Microsoft must not allow 343 to touch it. Not just because I think know they'll do a poor job in respecting it's original vision but because 343 has the stain of the MCC on them and because of 343 never fixing it, it will never wash off.

• Every DLC map
Optional
  • A true map editor
  • Increase player cap
That's fucking it. Sell that shit on the PC and call the series done. Go make Halo 12: Cortana's Twin for all I care. We'll have the dream game.

This is perfect. Only thing more I'd like to see is an evolved playlist with most of the changes to the gameplay people suggested here (faster strafe,tighten spread, etc.).

• Upvote (+1) 1

• Every DLC map

Optional

• A true map editor
  • Increase player cap

If they did that and included reach I would never buy a 343 made halo again

Try Halo 4's launch. "Random ordnance drops? They're not random guys, don't worry! Trust us!"

Let's not forget the infamous "free map pack trial" crap that went on with Halo 4.

It was a glitch / mistake, but when they tried to play it off as on purpose that made a lot of fans raise their eyebrows.

• Upvote (+1) 5

If someone hasn't they should post a link to the Evolved settings on here in that thread and I'd also consider making a reddit thread hopefully we can get someone from 343 to notice it and use that over there version of a "classic playlist".

(obviously don't link the reddit thread here or will be removed)

i posted the link to the beyond evolved settings thread a couple times in the posts i linked above and mentioned in other thread about the evolved settings,i even tweeted to sketch and uny about evolved settings and how they can contact vetoed,smartan 427 about info on it,the people who took part in making the evolved settings that is as well

The 3 shooters that came out in October, plus my recent completion of my REQ collection, has my interest in this game at an all time low.  I need goals to play for, and currently I don't have any.

Ranks aren't worth playing for because they're erased after each season, and the little detail of my ranked experience being miserable every time I trick myself into trying it again.

Level-capping isn't gonna happen. It's too much XP and it doesn't even look cool at all. Compare Inheritor to 152. Case closed.

You know what I really miss?  Playlist XP from H3.  That would keep me playing.

Agreed with pretty much all of this. In my opinion, playlist XP isn't really that great of a mechanic but your complaints are super valid.

Ranks are meaningless

• Seasons are too short
  • Too many ranked playlists
  • Lackluster presentation
  • Zero incentive for progression

XP Levels are meaningless

• Lackluster progression (promotion packs just give REQs, big progression packs just give lame emblems)
  • Terrible presentation (they are literally just numbers)
  • Little to no reward system in place
  • Commendations are just as lame
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I heard remakes have diminishing returns though

UHa2ULZp4cUD-oCuKnbR3q_yndu_t1wTmzMHch20

Hope you're paying me for using my picture haha.

• Upvote (+1) 1

For those wondering why it's not 'technically possible' look no further than the map submissions thread on Waypoint: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/92b5c5cfee994e7299608301a6b2eb11/topics/classic-remakes---map-submission-thread/c032a3b7-e025-43dd-aa4e-39a331a746ca/posts

NOBODY submitted classic maps scaled for no sprint.

Dang it! If only somebody had gone to the trouble of making and thoroughly testing classic settings that could be played on maps scaled for sprint.

Oh well.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Let's not forget the infamous "free map pack trial" crap that went on with Halo 4.

It was a glitch / mistake, but when they tried to play it off as on purpose that made a lot of fans raise their eyebrows.

We should've seen the MCC mess coming after that debacle.

I think they're genuinely scared that people realize how much better Halo can be without all the bullshit armor abilities. You know Halo 6 is being worked on and the movement abilities and shit are always the first thing to nail down, so they want people to be on board with Halo 6 aka Halo 5.1.  

• Upvote (+1) 7

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/5cbxe7/the_classic_playlist_that_was_teased_wont/d9wkdr0/?context=3

Well I got a response from Ske7ch about trying to get the evolved settings in for the classic playlist it's not changing and it seems like there plan was to always use Halo 5's base gameplay from the way he worded it. :uncledrew:

Smfh... Compare how blizzard treats the overwatch community compared to how 343 treats us. They literally created a whole new ranking system as a result of comminuted feedback in like a month. We can't even get no fucking radar (a staple of competitive halo forever) in our competitive playlist. We are just asking for it in one playlist!
  • Upvote (+1) 5

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/5cbxe7/the_classic_playlist_that_was_teased_wont/d9wkdr0/?context=3

Well I got a response from Ske7ch about trying to get the evolved settings in for the classic playlist it's not changing and it seems like there plan was to always use Halo 5's base gameplay from the way he worded it.  :uncledrew:

This makes me sad. I was pretty excited to come back to play classic settings, but I guess not.

I'd bet the classic playlist was in the works for awhile based on that reddit post. They probably had plenty of time to mess with the settings to get it right, but instead we get this. Unreal.

I need goals to play for, and currently I don't have any.

The only thing worth playing for that 343 added was the Achilles armor/helmet, but it's locked behind so much crap that it's almost not even worth trying to get.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well, I must say that the best thing about H5 IMO are the custom games. With the new clubs feature Ive just been joining different games and playing new things, and it's quite fun. I think im done with match making now that there's a "browser" of sorts.

Honestly this just serves as further confirmation to me that 343 is scared of giving us classic Halo because they know that everyone will realize how much better classic Halo is then there bastardized version of "Halo".

I seriously hope H3A is a thing and if it's done properly because then I will never buy another Halo game made by 343i again so long as they continue with there version of "Halo".

• Upvote (+1) 4

Dang it! If only somebody had gone to the trouble of making and thoroughly testing classic settings that could be played on maps scaled for sprint.

Oh well.

Pfft, what idiots would do such a thing? Halo 5 is already amazing!

• Upvote (+1) 8

• Every DLC map
Optional
  • A true map editor
  • Increase player cap

Yeah you see the problem with this is that it's completely logical. And so will never happen.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I've heard it's pretty dead already

Based on what? It's always pretty high on twitch and it hovers around 6-8th on most played.